• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden condemns 'Russian state' for poisoning of Alexei Navalny, says Trump's 'silence is complicity'

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Biden condemns 'Russian state' for poisoning of Alexei Navalny, says Trump's 'silence is complicity'

Biden slammed President Donald Trump for not criticizing the attack, saying "his silence is complicity.

upload159911365166621_thumb.jpg

9/3/20
There is no doubt that the Russian government is responsible for poisoning opposition politician Alexei Navalny with a nerve agent, former Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday, arguing that President Donald Trump's silence on the matter makes him complicit. "Once again, the Kremlin has used a favorite weapon – an agent from the Novichok class of chemicals – in an effort to silence a political opponent," Biden said in a statement. "It is the mark of a Russian regime that is so paranoid that it is unwilling to tolerate any criticism or dissent." Navalny, a prominent critic of Russian leader Vladimir Putin, became sick on a flight from Siberia to Moscow. The Russian government denies he was poisoned, but toxicology tests in Germany, where he was flown for medical treatment, revealed that he was poisoned with Novichok, a nerve agent. The same chemical was used in Salisbury, England, in a state-sponsored attack against a former Russian military officer who had defected.

A spokesperson for the Trump administration's National Security Council, John Ullyot, said he was "deeply troubled" by the news. "The Russian people have a right to express their views peacefully without fear of retribution of any kind, and certainly not with chemical agents," Ullyot said, according to Reuters. Trump himself has not commented on the attack. "His silence is complicity," Biden argued. "As president, I will do what Donald Trump refuses to do: work with our allies and partners to hold the Putin regime accountable for its crimes."

Alexei Navalny was first hospitalized on 20 August 2020. 13 days ago.

Still, not a word about this assassination attempt from Donald Trump. Once again, he gives Vladimir Putin a free pass to commit murder.

Related: Russian Economy Under Pressure After Navalny Novichok Poisoning

Trump wouldn't condemn his pal Putin.

Biden is saying what other Dems should also be voicing, but don't. The Dems simply let Trump get away with his antics and lies. His unpatriotic, un-American and pitiful mouthings and ignoring of Putin killing American soldiers. I just don't see the Dems getting out in the public arena and fighting Trump, like they should. Too nice and cerebral. They're not supporting Biden. He's on his own. Get out there and fight. Hillary didn't. That's why she lost the "battleground states" and the election. That's why the Reps gained state legs and govs over the yrs to control the vote while the Dems looked on.

Biden is saying what other Dems should also be voicing, but don't. The Dems simply let Trump get away with his antics and lies. His unpatriotic, un-American and pitiful mouthings and ignoring of Putin killing American soldiers. I just don't see the Dems getting out in the public arena and fighting Trump, like they should. Too nice and cerebral. They're not supporting Biden. He's on his own. Get out there and fight. Hillary didn't. That's why she lost the "battleground states" and the election. That's why the Reps gained state legs and govs over the yrs to control the vote while the Dems looked on.

I agree 110% that the Democrats are way too nice and civil. They still treat politics like a gentleman's parlor exercise from the 1800's.

In today's political reality, you have to be unrelenting and go for the throat over and over again.

I agree 110% that the Democrats are way too nice and civil. They still treat politics like a gentleman's parlor exercise from the 1800's.

In today's political reality, you have to be unrelenting and go for the throat over and over again.

No wonder so many Dems support lawless rioting and arson :roll:

Motive - none

Evidence - none

The German government will certainly provide the evidence.

I'm also fairly certain Berlin has contacted the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW).

The last time Russia used Novichok on people (Salisbury) the OPCW voted to declare Novichok an illegal chemical weapon.

OPCW chemists will be examining Navalny and collecting their own samples.

You get a Siskel & Ebert.

Scratch liberal democrat and you see fashist. In your case, RV, no need to scratch.

:roll:

No. Just someone who doesn't put up with Kremlin bull**** like yours.

If Khashoggi ( Assassination of Jamal Khashoggi - Wikipedia ) had been poisoned with Novichok instead of being cut to pieces, the world community would have taken the harshest measures against the Saudi regime, you bet! But the guys did everything right, so there's nothing to complain about.

If Khashoggi ( Assassination of Jamal Khashoggi - Wikipedia ) had been poisoned with Novichok instead of being cut to pieces, the world community would have taken the harshest measures against the Saudi regime, you bet! But the guys did everything right, so there's nothing to complain about.

:roll: This thread is about the Russian poisoning of activist Alexei Navalny. Concentrate.

Biden slammed President Donald Trump for not criticizing the attack, saying "his silence is complicity.

upload159911365166621_thumb.jpg

Alexei Navalny was first hospitalized on 20 August 2020. 13 days ago.

Still, not a word about this assassination attempt from Donald Trump. Once again, he gives Vladimir Putin a free pass to commit murder.

Related: Russian Economy Under Pressure After Navalny Novichok Poisoning
Has a reporter asked Biden what he would do re: Putin if he was president ? Has a reporter asked him anything? Their( the media's) silence is complicity. Reporting on a press release is not reporting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Has a reporter asked Biden what he would do re: Putin if he was president ? Has a reporter asked him anything? Their( the media's) silence is complicity. Reporting on a press release is not reporting.

Well we know what Trump has done re: Putin .... allow Russian bounties on our soldiers in Afghanistan.

Well we know what Trump has done re: Putin .... allow Russian bounties on our soldiers in Afghanistan.
We do know that Iran does that; giving support to families of suicide bombers. What did Biden fo about it? More importantly has the complicit media asked the question to sleepy Joe hiding in his basement?

We do know that Iran does that; giving support to families of suicide bombers. What did Biden fo about it? More importantly has the complicit media asked the question to sleepy Joe hiding in his basement?

Joe just spoke at the Delaware Museum of Natural History.

You need to pry your nose from the FOX propaganda outlet and join the real world.

Joe just spoke at the Delaware Museum of Natural History.

You need to pry your nose from the FOX propaganda outlet and join the real world.
Appropriate place for the old dinosaur. Hope he didn't exert himself too much.

Bundestag member Armin Paulo Hampel:
"How stupid do you think the russians are? Why did they let him fly to Germany instead of hiding him somewhere in the woods in Russia?"

He sounds like a typical Kremlin agent: sound and logical.

At first I thought it was fake, but no: German foreign Minister Heiko Maas:
"Germany demanded to stop criticizing the conclusions about the poisoning of Navalny"
All this bull****, that they are pushing and which is not supported by any evidence, you can not even criticize...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom