• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden claims to have previously banned assault weapons

No, it is not. All constitutionally protected individual rights are exactly the same. The government should be protecting those rights, not infringing upon them at every opportunity.

And if it can't get the 2A repealed, it should do all it can to restrict the supply of guns and the ability of people to carry them.

There was nothing about the ban on "Assault Weapons" that possibly could have caused a reduction in mass shootings.
The bayonet lug and flash suppressor were removed. So there were less bayonet attacks.

The bayonet lug and flash suppressor were removed. So there were less bayonet attacks.

Yeah, but a lot more people were blinded by muzzle flash, got burned fingers and sore wrists because they had to shoot without a barrel shroud or pistol grip, and got "tennis elbow" because they had to throw their grenades rather than launching them, so it was basically a wash.

No, it is not. All constitutionally protected individual rights are exactly the same. The government should be protecting those rights, not infringing upon them at every opportunity.
When it says, "Shall not infringe." It is speaking in the negative.

How so, what proof that all rights are the same?

When it says, "Shall not infringe." It is speaking in the negative.

How so, what proof that all rights are the same?

Maybe constitutional amendments need to nee in the positive ?

"Shall" instead of "Shall not".

I don't think rights are rated 1-10 in value are they ?
Actually they were ranked in order by the founders. The 1st then the second. Remember the amendments were required to get the future states to ratify the constitution.

Actually they were ranked in order by the founders. The 1st then the second. Remember the amendments were required to get the future states to ratify the constitution.

Are the amendments in the bill of rights attributed to the founders ?

And where does it say that those rights are listed in order of importance ?

The 5th amendment is way more important than the 2nd amendment.

What about the right set down in the original Constitution itself ?

Are the amendments in the bill of rights attributed to the founders ?

And where does it say that those rights are listed in order of importance ?

The 5th amendment is way more important than the 2nd amendment.

What about the right set down in the original Constitution itself ?
This is not ancient history Read what they said, not what people say they said (including me).

Last edited:
In other words get off your ass and do some research.

You made the claim, I'm merely skeptical of it

I'm not doing your homework for you.

Don't post statements you can't substantiate.

Not true.

First, the Bill of Rights was not added to the US Constitution until 1791, two years after the States ratified the US Constitution. While it is true that several States refused to ratify the US Constitution until they proposed amendments, the overwhelming majority of those amendments proposed by the States were never ratified. Virginia alone proposed over 40 amendments to the US Constitution, and they got only three in the end, which would eventually become the First, Second, and Twenty-Seventh Amendments.

Second, there is no particular order to how the Bill of Rights are arranged. The actual Second Amendment introduced by James Madison, that was passed by two-thirds of Congress in 1789, became the Twenty-Seventh Amendment in 1992. Before the amendment was ratified by the States in 1790 it somehow managed to get lost. Until a Texas A&M student rediscovered it in 1985.

No amendment supersedes another (except for the Twenty-First Amendment). They are all equal, with none being more important than any other.

You made the claim, I'm merely skeptical of it

I'm not doing your homework for you.

Don't post statements you can't substantiate.
Then refute it with facts. You are asking me basic questions about the how the constitution was created and ratified,

Yeah. Thank heaven Joe got outta prison in South Africa in time to do it.

Not true.

First, the Bill of Rights was not added to the US Constitution until 1791, two years after the States ratified the US Constitution. While it is true that several States refused to ratify the US Constitution until they proposed amendments, the overwhelming majority of those amendments proposed by the States were never ratified. Virginia alone proposed over 40 amendments to the US Constitution, and they got only three in the end, which would eventually become the First, Second, and Twenty-Seventh Amendments.

Second, there is no particular order to how the Bill of Rights are arranged. The actual Second Amendment introduced by James Madison, that was passed by two-thirds of Congress in 1789, became the Twenty-Seventh Amendment in 1992. Before the amendment was ratified by the States in 1790 it somehow managed to get lost. Until a Texas A&M student rediscovered it in 1985.

No amendment supersedes another (except for the Twenty-First Amendment). They are all equal, with none being more important than any other.
I was wrong. I thought the Bill of Rights was necessary to ratify the Constitution in all states.

Onsetvatives dont wo
I would point to a much stronger correlation between fatherless homes, but that can't be used to demonize the more conservative types so it's over looked.

Our conservative friends don’t worry about AR15s, but they sure like to get nervous about Jewish space lasers.

What like that movie Spaceballs?

Yeah I don’t know- you tell me. We have an actual member of Congress warning us about it and how scary it is. What’s a few genocides here and there with AR15s when have this scary Jewish space laser thingy pointing right at our heads, right? If we’re gonna ban anything it totally makes sense to start with that first.

Back
Top Bottom