• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden Claims Black Man Invented Light Bulb During Campaign Event

Joe wants to be Leader Of The Free World, yet he apparently does not know who invented the light bulb.

At a campaign event yesterday morning, Joe told community leaders in Kenosha, Wisconsin that "a black man, NOT Thomas Edison, invented the light bulb."

He also told a crowd that the reason for racial discrimination was that "people fear that which is different."

Implying that black Americans are different from everyone else. Interesting take on racial relations, Joe.

Biden claims Black man invented light bulb during campaign event | Fox News

Here is Joe, word for word...

"People fear that which is different. We've got to, for example, why in God's name don't we teach history in history classes? A Black man invented the light bulb, not a White guy named Edison," Biden said. "There's so much — did anybody know before what recently happened that Black Wall Street in Oklahoma was burned to the ground. Anybody know these things? Because we don't teach them. We've got to give people facts."

It was Edison who first invented the light bulb and a filament that could last 1,200 hours. According to the Department of Energy, Edison secured patents for the incandescent light bulb in 1879 and 1880. Biden was likely referring to Lewis Howard Latimer, who, according to a biography by MIT, patented an improved version of an incandescent light bulb in 1881 that could last even longer than Edison's.
Everyone seems fixated on who invented the lightbulb. I’m just wondering what fool let Biden go off the Teleprompter.

But one thing we all seem to agree on is that wasn't Edison.

That in no way addresses how you were wrong.

That in no way addresses how you were wrong.

Well, Coolidge didn't invent the lightbulb, either. So now you can address how wrong you are.

Interesting. You do not raise an eyebrow on any of Trump's claims, but Biden makes a semi-accurate statement and you go nuts. We all understand what he was trying to say. Lewis Howard Latimer helped to construct the light bulb.Without Latimer, there's no light bulb.

You never go nuts when Trump says something inaccurate?

Well, Coolidge didn't invent the lightbulb, either. So now you can address how wrong you are.
Either point out where I said he invented the light bulb or admit how you are now even more wrong than you were before.

Apparently, lots of claims have been made as to who invented the light bulb. But one thing we all seem to agree on is that wasn't Edison.

The accurate historical facts have been posted and you're going to still go along with Biden's bull**** revisionist history? :lamo

The accurate historical facts have been posted and you're going to still go along with Biden's bull**** revisionist history? :lamo
Makes one wonder if it’s worth posting links citing the actual facts when it appears some won’t bother to read them.

Makes one wonder if it’s worth posting links citing the actual facts when it appears some won’t bother to read them.

It is, but Leftists will ignore them, or continue to lie in the face of them.

Either point out where I said he invented the light bulb or admit how you are now even more wrong than you were before.

This thread is about who invented the lightbulb and that's what the discussion was about. So if that's not what you were addressing then you are wrong in more ways than one.

Our next President just wanted to make his audience feel proud of themselves.

In 2020, everybody wants to do this.

Nancy Pelosi kneeled to them.

The motion picture industry has promised that they will receive Oscars.

Our next Vice President will be a lady of that ethnicity.

So we should not mock Mr. Biden for his fib. I assume that books for school children will be updated to give credit to both Mr. Edison and Mr. Latimer. And some schools may decide to mention only the latter.

If President Trump had tried harder to make those folks proud of themselves by naming all the inventions invented by them, then maybe he would not be on the verge of moving his belongings out of the Executive Mansion.

This thread is about who invented the lightbulb and that's what the discussion was about. So if that's not what you were addressing then you are wrong in more ways than one.

1. Still failing to address the fact that you were wrong.
2. Now failing to address how you were additional;ly wrong in regards to what I presented.
3. I addressed the topic and was very specific in regards to Latimer and what he contributed to the lightbulb (a filament) and who actually contributed more than Latimer with a better filament. All you are doing now is deflecting with dishonesty. You were wrong, and continue to be wrong.

So who invented the light bulb, apdst?

Alessandro Volta
Humphry Davy
Warren de la Rue
Joseph Swan
Henry Woodward and Matthew Evans
Thomas Edison
Lewis Howard Latimer
William David Coolidge

As a side: How many republicans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

None...Trump just says he fixed it and the rest of them sit in the dark and applaud.

:lamo

1. Still failing to address the fact that you were wrong.
2. Now failing to address how you were additional;ly wrong in regards to what I presented.
3. I addressed the topic and was very specific in regards to Latimer and what he contributed to the lightbulb (a filament) and who actually contributed more than Latimer with a better filament. All you are doing now is deflecting with dishonesty. You were wrong, and continue to be wrong.

1. You failed to address the topic or follow the discussion about who really invented the lightbulb.

2. You were wrong...Coolidge didn't invent the lightbulb.

3. Now you're showing your dishonesty and trying to make the thread about me.

4. You will fail....again.

1. You failed to address the topic or follow the discussion about who really invented the lightbulb.
Wrong as usual Moot.
I said you were wrong, which you were. That is addressing the commentary of the topic.
I then pointed out how you were wrong by addressing what Latimar did contribute to the light bulb with the following.

Latimer was a minor contributor to the filament which was in a constant flux of engineering.
That is also addressing the topic, as that is what he in regards to the light bulb.

2. You were wrong...Coolidge didn't invent the lightbulb.
Your commentary here is ****ing stupid Moot.
At no point did I ever say Coolidge created the light bulb.
I spoke to the filament.
Do you really not know what a filament is?
Again.
William D. Coolidge is responsible for the tungsten filament that eventually became the standard.
So you were and continue to be, even more wrong than you initially were.

3. Now you're showing your dishonesty and trying to make the thread about me.
Wrong as usual Moot. The only dishonesty between us is solely on your part.

And if you would stop being dishonest as well as wrong there would be no need to point any of that out.

4. You will fail....again.
Your lies and deflection is noted.

Black men invented the lightbulb and the George Foreman grill. Can we get past this foolishness now?

If I remember right I think a black man invented fogless glass for train light signals.

Wrong as usual Moot.
I said you were wrong, which you were. That is addressing the commentary of the topic.
I then pointed out how you were wrong by addressing what Latimar did contribute to the light bulb with the following.

Latimer was a minor contributor to the filament which was in a constant flux of engineering.
That is also addressing the topic, as that is what he in regards to the light bulb.

Your commentary here is ****ing stupid Moot.
At no point did I ever say Coolidge created the light bulb.
I spoke to the filament.
Do you really not know what a filament is?
Again.
William D. Coolidge is responsible for the tungsten filament that eventually became the standard.
So you were and continue to be, even more wrong than you initially were.

Wrong as usual Moot. The only dishonesty between us is solely on your part.

And if you would stop being dishonest as well as wrong there would be no need to point any of that out.

Your lies and deflection is noted.

Sore losers always have excuses and diversions. ^^^

I stand by my post #38.

Feel free to prove me wrong. Show us one time you defended Trump. We'll wait.

Still waiting for you to backup your accusation about me. I can see that you already are running for the hills.

Biden was right...a black man did invent the light bulb...

The light bulb

Latimer received a patent on January 17, 1882 for the "Process of Manufacturing Carbons", an improved method for the production of lightbulb carbon filaments.[8][9]

The Edison Electric Light Company in New York City hired Latimer in 1884, as a draftsman and an expert witness in patent litigation on electric lights. While at Edison, Latimer wrote the first book on electric lighting, Incandescent Electric Lighting (1890)[10] and supervised the installation of public electric lights throughout New York, Philadelphia, Montreal, and London.[11] When that company was combined in 1892 with the Thomson-Houston Electric Company to form General Electric, he continued to work in the legal department. In 1911, he became a patent consultant to law firms.[12]..."

Lewis Howard Latimer - Wikipedia.​

No he wasn't right. Edison invented the light bulb. THis guy worked for edison.
Edison invented a paper filament bulb this guy simply improved on the design that already existed
and as another poster pointed out some guy in germany invented a on 30 years earlier.

Back
Top Bottom