• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Claims a GOP 'Blitzkrieg'

Honestly it's nice to finally have a VP who actually embraces his role of comic relief.

I mean seriously, it's a position that is redundant by definition. His constitutional role is to still be alive if the president happens to die. (oh, and cast a tie-breaker in the Senate... which never happens)

Last edited:
Honestly it's nice to finally have a VP who actually embraces his role of comic relief.

I mean seriously, it's a position that is redundant by definition. His constitutional role is to still be alive if the president happens to die. (oh, and cast a tie-breaker in the Senate... which never happens)

Would have been different if this was just a casual "mis-speak" during a comment. But I believe we have a calculated edited email here from the Biden source distributed out to the public.

Would qualify this as "not really well thought out". What do you think...??

They are likely keeping their heads down desperately trying to build some sort of case against democrats. Err well considering the republican roster they should be. I mean they have to put a can on the mouths in the republican party or else they will find all the extreme fringe groups that are in there besides libertarians. Since libertarianism is basically laying on the floor from all the philosophical pounding it has taken over the last couple years the bizzaro side of the republican party is having to fill the blanks in.. with bizarre ideas. The republican party is now a complete mess and has no real leadership.

To say biden was screaming nazi is absurd. Blitzkrieg is a common term, as is allies. BUT IN THE SAME ARTICLE OMG!!!!

abmpjs.jpeg

theres a connection here!

If he hadn't used "allies" for the dems you would have a point.

But he did. Whomever wrote it for him clearly made the inference.

Honestly, has there ever been an administration in our history that has bad mouthed, lied about, made fun of etc. a large segment of the American people like this one has. On second thought has any pres. or VP ever done any of those things. This administration acts like a bunch of rich, arrogant, college kids with too much time on their hands. On third thought, Bite-me is more like a 14 yr old class clown/bully. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Dear God, people. While the original definition of Blitzkrieg was for the German fast-movement invasion strategy, it's entered out parlance as any sort of quick, highly-coordinated action. I use the word every now and then, and I never intend any sort of Nazi reference. It's a useful word to describe something specific. There are tons of valid reasons to disagree with this administration, and you're wasting energy on this? Get over it.

If we're going for comic relief - can we please then put Bill Cosby or Lewis Black on the tickets and just have them do warm-up gigs before the President speaks? Oh, and let's make sure they never are in the succession path for President. Then I could get behind and idea like that.

Would have been different if this was just a casual "mis-speak" during a comment. But I believe we have a calculated edited email here from the Biden source distributed out to the public.

Would qualify this as "not really well thought out". What do you think...??

I still don't think Biden is capable of "calculated". God love 'im, though. :2rofll:

If we're going for comic relief - can we please then put Bill Cosby or Lewis Black on the tickets and just have them do warm-up gigs before the President speaks? Oh, and let's make sure they never are in the succession path for President. Then I could get behind and idea like that.

I voted for Cosby last election... No luck.

Questions can't be asked? What President said something along the lines of "get in their face"? Wasn't that the current WH occupant?

Yeah Tea Party folks are just evil. They want limited government... liberty.
Damn idiots.:roll:

No. Obama and the Dems are larding up the country, and their lard has achieved what exactly?

Nada.

Just piled on more debt.
Those 260 jobs per state last month were quite the showing.

McCain was weak... he's RINO. He was equivalent to Algore and Kerry... I agree. Too similar to them on far too many issues.
His Gang of 14 fiasco was repulsive.

No regulations for multi-nationals?
I didn't agree with the bail-outs.
BP will be held accountable. That is in the works, but why in the world did it take so long for Obama to scratch the Jones Act? Jindal is having a fit in Louisiana... he just ripped Obi a new sphincter. 3 weeks to get an OK for the sand bars, then they start and they wonder if the rocks might cause a problem... they lay a fleet of skimmers inactive for... lifevests... he sends lawyers and has meetings, not action.
Remember Obi received the most cash from BP.

We need fewer regs, less red tape... you know, that quaint idea called limited government... and lower taxes.

I disagree with you on that quaint idea about limited government. Yes, government should be limited, but gutting the regs means Enron, BP, Countrywide Mortgage, Morgan Stanley, Bernie Madoff, etc, etc. We have already seen what a lack of regulations can do, time and time again. It is past time to put this idea that there should be no regulations to bed, once and for all.

Biden stacked Republican tactics against Nazi military strategies. Nazi political campaigning provides a much more realistic comparison.

But this is wrong. We should all commit to never using hyperbolic images or overly dramatic symbols to describe America's political condition. It's time to take personal responsibility for our honesty.

Last edited:
I disagree with you on that quaint idea about limited government. Yes, government should be limited, but gutting the regs means Enron, BP, Countrywide Mortgage, Morgan Stanley, Bernie Madoff, etc, etc. We have already seen what a lack of regulations can do, time and time again. It is past time to put this idea that there should be no regulations to bed, once and for all.

Don't forget Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, one of the biggest reasons we had a financial crisis. I'm so glad they finally got regulated in the financial deform bill. Oh! That's right, Barney and Chris and the other dems were having none of that. They are still allowed to conduct corruption as usual.

so wrong. let's see why
Don't forget Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, one of the biggest reasons we had a financial crisis.
the problem we had was not with CONFORMING loans, it was those that did not conform
and for a loan to conform, it had to be one which was written according to the Fannie Mae/Ginnie Mac/Freddie Mac standards
so, those non-conforming loans were the ones written more liberally that could not have been processed and sold to the GSE secondary market

now those GSEs got hammered during the meltdown, but it was not because of the conforminlg loans they acquired in that secondary market
because the nonconforming loans were in such hot demand, and they represented high yields to those who bought them as packaged securities, there was little demand for the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac loans ... nonconforming liar loans were easier to process

unfortunately, during the nixon regime, the federally owned and operated Fannie Mae (Freddie Mac was created the following year) was privatized. but the public still remained liable for its losses ... while the stockholders enjoyed the profits

because nonconforming loans were sought after and conforming loans were not, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac investors complained that they were missing out on all those profits to be made in the mortgage industry. thus, the civilian management of those Government Secured Enterprises decided to buy those securitized nonconforming loans, like other investment houses. and they made lots of money for the investors and lots of bonuses for the civilian managers - until the bust

the losses of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were not due to their loan policies but to the greed of their managers and investors. the cost of which will now be borne by the American taxpayer

a little too late, the management of those GSEs was taken over by the federal government. the time to impose regulation passed. it is no longer under civilian exploitation

I'm so glad they finally got regulated in the financial deform bill. Oh! That's right, Barney and Chris and the other dems were having none of that. They are still allowed to conduct corruption as usual.
wrong. the corrupt civilian management, the ones playing roulette with the taxpayer aborbing any resulting losses, is no longer in charge. the government is back again directing those institutions. recall, it was the government management of the programs which caused them to be so profitable that they became privatized on that republican, nixon's watch

and yes, i realize this was a waste of time, because you will post the same nonsense in the next thread, avoiding anything truthful about the GSEs' actual role in the financial meltdown. but i am guessing you also supported mccain while he was saying "the fundamentals of the economy are sound" as the economy sank

Back
Top Bottom