• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Claims ‘We Didn’t Have’ a COVID Vaccine When He Took Office

jonny5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
“It’s one thing to have the vaccine, which we didn’t have when we came into office, but” one also needs “a vaccinator,” Biden subsequently told Cooper, when asked about the logistics of getting shots to Americans.

Im actually going to chalk this up to him saying we didnt have needles, but thats also wrong. Biden was even vaccinated before he took office. Millions of does of vaccine were already being injected when he took office, and hes done nothing to change that so far. I guess hes just playing the usual blame game, when he could just be honest. Say there was already a process in place, we're making it better, things will be fine.

But they have to fear monger.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...covid-vaccine-when-he-took-office/ar-BB1dLa00

Im actually going to chalk this up to him saying we didnt have needles, but thats also wrong. Biden was even vaccinated before he took office. Millions of does of vaccine were already being injected when he took office, and hes done nothing to change that so far. I guess hes just playing the usual blame game, when he could just be honest. Say there was already a process in place, we're making it better, things will be fine.

gosh, it's nice of you to quote things out of context.

Actually after listening to his speech vs reading it, he actually did say we didnt have a vaccine when he took office. But again, I think its more his slowing mental processes and trying to spin things in his favor. Clearly hes not good at going off transcript.

Actually after listening to his speech vs reading it, he actually did say we didnt have a vaccine when he took office. But again, I think its more his slowing mental processes and trying to spin things in his favor. Clearly hes not good at going off transcript.
Sometimes it's hard to follow Joe in a live setting, still, there was no effort from the Trump administration to lead the way, which is what the Federal Government should do in a time of national crisis, but that, of course, would have required actual work. Why speed up production of a vaccine then just stop efforts that would have centralized control from beginning to end like presidents have done in the past? States were saying they were overwhelmed. Trump was incompetent, and we know how he feels about experts.

Sometimes it's hard to follow Joe in a live setting, still, there was no effort from the Trump administration to lead the way, which is what the Federal Government should do in a time of national crisis, but that, of course, would have required actual work. Why speed up production of a vaccine then just stop efforts that would have centralized control from beginning to end like presidents have done in the past? States were saying they were overwhelmed. Trump was incompetent, and we know how he feels about experts.
While Biden detractors are having fun with the gaff that we didn't have a vaccine when he took office, Biden has been working hard to get those vaccines into people's arms, which is all that matters. He had an original goal of a million vaccines a day for the first 100 days. They're actually doing better than that, at 1.5 to 2 million per day.

the White House on Tuesday said that states collectively would begin receiving 13.5 million doses each week — a jump of more than two million doses due in part to a shift in the way the government is allocating doses of Pfizer’s vaccine.

What "context" makes this anything other than either a blatant lie, or evidence that Biden is loosing his marbles?

Why don't you read the WHOLE speech. It's right there. What you are doing is 'quote mining'.

While Biden detractors are having fun with the gaff that we didn't have a vaccine when he took office, Biden has been working hard to get those vaccines into people's arms, which is all that matters. He had an original goal of a million vaccines a day for the first 100 days. They're actually doing better than that, at 1.5 to 2 million per day.

the White House on Tuesday said that states collectively would begin receiving 13.5 million doses each week — a jump of more than two million doses due in part to a shift in the way the government is allocating doses of Pfizer’s vaccine.

Yeah hes taking credit for things that were already happening, while claiming it wasnt happening. In the old days there would be a big fact check, maybe even the media would just cut away due to misinformation. But its a new era!

Yeah hes taking credit for things that were already happening, while claiming it wasnt happening. In the old days there would be a big fact check, maybe even the media would just cut away due to misinformation. But its a new era!
Except it wasn’t happening. That’s why the Trump Administration barred team Biden from seeing any plans during the transition — and that’s why vaccine distribution was so chaotic.
Newly sworn in President Joe Biden and his advisers are inheriting no coronavirus vaccine distribution plan to speak of from the Trump administration, sources tell CNN, posing a significant challenge for the new White House.

Why don't you read the WHOLE speech. It's right there. What you are doing is 'quote mining'.

My question was an invitation for you to point out what part of the speech you think was relevant to mitigating his statement and make an argument to that effect. I wasn't fishing for an invitation to go on a hayride.

The only context I can think of that's relevant here is the context of various members of the Biden administration constantly lying about the vaccine rollout.

Except it wasn’t happening. That’s why the Trump Administration barred team Biden from seeing any plans during the transition — and that’s why vaccine distribution was so chaotic.
Newly sworn in President Joe Biden and his advisers are inheriting no coronavirus vaccine distribution plan to speak of from the Trump administration, sources tell CNN, posing a significant challenge for the new White House.

Not to mention that Trump outright lied about having reserves of the COVID-19 Vaccine.

https://archive.vn/Dyibe - for those who can't get by it's paywall.

So yeah, Biden & his Pandemic response team had to start from scratch just to get up to speed all because Trump is a selfish prick who only cares about himself.

Is it a gaffe? First, it's kind of a long thought to say it's a gaffe. It's not like he just used a wrong word. Then, you have Kamala saying they "had to start from scratch". Sounds like they are trying to take credit for the vaccine. This is also a common leftist tactic. I don't think there is a gaffe here.

Is it a gaffe? First, it's kind of a long thought to say it's a gaffe. It's not like he just used a wrong word. Then, you have Kamala saying they "had to start from scratch". Sounds like they are trying to take credit for the vaccine. This is also a common leftist tactic. I don't think there is a gaffe here.
Come on Man. Gaffe is just the code word for lie told by a Democrat

It doesn't stop there. You also have them claiming to have increased the vaccine supply by 20% even though it hadn't increased by 20% when they said that, and they certainly didn't do anything to affect supply, not to mention the fact that the supply is actual way down over the last week. And, he's still acting like the issue is about having enough people to administer vaccines, when it most clearly is not.

I thought we all knew that was as false story. Saint Fauchi even said so. So back to the point, yeah, Biden is a gaff machine when hes let off his teleprompter. Its hard to tell if he just doesnt know whats going on, or he actually beleives we didnt have a vaccine or people to inject it when he took office. Even thought millions were already being injected.

I think he was just making it up as he went. Lots of that in that town hall. Of course, we are now in the era of context mattering again.

not to mention the fact that the supply is actual way down over the last week.

Gee whiz, did something happen in the past week that would impact the ability to produce, transport, and distribute goods in most of the continental United States?

"Taking credit"? You mean like Trump claiming credit for the Pfizer vaccine when it was developed in Germany and funded by Pfizer in Germany with their own resources?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...covid-vaccine-when-he-took-office/ar-BB1dLa00

I say we call them all collectively 'the trump vaccine' just so you and him would shut up about the credit already. We all know dr. trump did it all by himself.

What Joe didn’t have when he took office was a functioning brain.

His town hall was nuclear explosion bad... but... the Goebbels Media has done its finest impression of Stalin’s and Hitler’s propaganda machine.

What Joe didn’t have when he took office was a functioning brain.

His town hall was nuclear explosion bad... but... the Goebbels Media has done its finest impression of Stalin’s and Hitler’s propaganda machine.
'Donald John Trump. Most provably corrupt president in US history'. Just thought I'd correct your assertion.

I'm having a really hard time reconciling these statements as all being true at the same time:

“We came into office, there were only 50 million doses that were available."
“we got into office and found out…there was nothing in the refrigerator, figuratively and literally speaking, and there were 10 million doses a day that were available.”
“It’s one thing to have the vaccine, which we didn’t have when we came into office..."

Here in Indiana, vaccinations continue apace.

Failures are the fault of the folks on the ground.

Here, the planning was apparently pretty good and the results are also pretty good.

Biden blaming Trump AGAIN is evidence that Biden blames Trump and nothing else.

I thought we all knew that was as false story. Saint Fauchi even said so. So back to the point, yeah, Biden is a gaff machine when hes let off his teleprompter. Its hard to tell if he just doesnt know whats going on, or he actually beleives we didnt have a vaccine or people to inject it when he took office. Even thought millions were already being injected.

I think he was just making it up as he went. Lots of that in that town hall. Of course, we are now in the era of context mattering again.
The claim that Trump had no plan wasn't a false story that "we all knew." It is a true story. If you think it wasn't, prove it.
I stand by what I said previously -- while Biden misspoke about having a vaccine prior to his inauguration, he's been doing a stellar job of taking the bull by the horns getting more vaccines and having a coordinated distribution system. Your butt just stings because he's doing what Trump should have been doing but didn't.

Gee whiz, did something happen in the past week that would impact the ability to produce, transport, and distribute goods in most of the continental United States?

You mean to tell me that something happened that nobody could prepare for and that the problems it caused are nobody's fault? That's refreshing.

Back
Top Bottom