• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Camp: Trump Sabotaging USPS Is Desperate Man’s ‘Assault On Democracy’

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Biden Camp: Trump Sabotaging USPS Is Desperate Man’s ‘Assault On Democracy’ | Talking Points Memo

“Even Donald Trump’s own campaign has endorsed voting by mail, and his own administration has conclusively refuted his wild-eyed conspiracy theories about the most secure form of voting,” Bates said in the statement. “This is an assault on our democracy and economy by a desperate man who’s terrified that the American people will force him to confront what he’s done everything in his power to escape for months — responsibility for his own actions.”

Yeah, I know most sane people already know what's happening. But that paragraph above is just so perfect and so spot on.

The thousands of USPS employees and the businesses, especially small businesses that rely on the Post Office are going to love Trump's war on the Post office... Lol.. I'm sure they will remember this in November..

Biden Camp: Trump Sabotaging USPS Is Desperate Man’s ‘Assault On Democracy’ | Talking Points Memo

“Even Donald Trump’s own campaign has endorsed voting by mail, and his own administration has conclusively refuted his wild-eyed conspiracy theories about the most secure form of voting,” Bates said in the statement. “This is an assault on our democracy and economy by a desperate man who’s terrified that the American people will force him to confront what he’s done everything in his power to escape for months — responsibility for his own actions.”

Yeah, I know most sane people already know what's happening. But that paragraph above is just so perfect and so spot on.
I wouldn't be so quick to label Trump 'desperate'. He knows what he's doing, is getting away with it, and may indeed succeed.

The thousands of USPS employees and the businesses, especially small businesses that rely on the Post Office are going to love Trump's war on the Post office... Lol.. I'm sure they will remember this in November..

Trump will trash any American. Small business, family, fellow Republicans, doctors.

It's all about Trump saving Trump.

I wouldn't be so quick to label Trump 'desperate'. He knows what he's doing, is getting away with it, and may indeed succeed.

I think it's a bit of a desperate ploy, but he can certainly get away with it. It will cost the integrity of our elections, but he could get away with it.

My grandpa was a retired postman and staunch Republican. I'm glad I didn't have to see him suffer Trump. He's probably spinning in his grave. He'd vote for Biden, but the family be hearing about it for several years!

Memories mean little, if the mail-in votes, which are heavily skewed Dem by a factor of 2.5, don't get counted.

I see a scary scenario where Trump leads early on Election Day based on in person voters, and as more votes by mail comes in, he starts to lose, and claims voter fraud, and all hell breaks loose.

Trump will trash any American. Small business, family, fellow Republicans, doctors.

It's all about Trump saving Trump.

Oh I know that.. I live in NY, I've known that about Trump for 30 years.

It is fascinating though watching the GOP sit back and let Trump drive demographic after demographic away from the GOP, and they do nothing to stop him.

Many small businesses rely on the USPS.. They'll love seeing their businesses take yet another hit.. Just what they need now with everything else going on..

I think it's a bit of a desperate ploy, but he can certainly get away with it. It will cost the integrity of our elections, but he could get away with it.
"Could" get way with it? You're behind the times. He "is" getting away with it. As we speak.

Looks to me like he's already won (this battle).

"Could" get way with it? You're behind the times. He "is" getting away with it. As we speak. Looks to me like he's already won (this battle).

I'd like to think despite his ploy, that we still get the appropriate Mail-In ballots out there for the People.

LMAO biden already spinning the narrative on everything.

The cons have been at war with the USPS for many years. They have used underhanded trick after underhanded trick to dismantle this constitutionally mandated service because it doesn't enrich any share holders. Their hostility to the constitution and to the people of this nation is abundantly apparent. Shame on anyone who supports these fascist asshats.

I'd like to think despite his ploy, that we still get the appropriate Mail-In ballots out there for the People.
Yeah, but good luck getting them back in timely fashion. Virtually every state insists the ballots be returned by or before election day. Trump will lobby for counting to stop on election night, and the GOP govs in those battleground states will go along with it. We saw this in FL in 2018. The GOP gave DeSantis the election by immediately ending counting, leaving mounds of Miami-Dade (Dem) votes on the floor.

These guys know exactly what they're doing.

Yeah, but good luck getting them back in timely fashion. Virtually every state insists the ballots be returned by or before election day. Trump will lobby for counting to stop on election night, and the GOP govs in those battleground states will go along with it. We saw this in FL in 2018. The GOP gave DeSantis the election y immediately ending county, leaving mounds of Miami-Dade (Dem) votes uncounted.

Yeah, well part of the issue is with the States as well. Quite honestly, they all should have been doing Mail-In systems for some time now. Colorado long had a Mail-In system of sorts, and the last 7 years we have had an all Mail-In system. It works great. Some other States run an all Mail-In system as well.

But the States are going to have to make adjustments, make sure ballots get out there early enough, make sure that tracking is in place, make sure that they can get back and counted. Now, the obvious answer is secure Drop Boxes (which Colorado also has), but the GOP is waging a war on those too.

It's quite obvious the lengths the Right is going to undermine democracy here. But the right has long hated freedom and America, it's just that they are being far more transparent about it now than they have in the past.

Still, this can be properly done, we're running low on time, but we're not out of time yet.

Yeah, but good luck getting them back in timely fashion. Virtually every state insists the ballots be returned by or before election day. Trump will lobby for counting to stop on election night, and the GOP govs in those battleground states will go along with it. We saw this in FL in 2018. The GOP gave DeSantis the election by immediately ending counting, leaving mounds of Miami-Dade (Dem) votes on the floor.

Trump may win, he, and the GOP is going to cheat and pull every dirty trick they can..

But here's the thing. If you notice the corporations/businesses are starting to turn on the GOP, because of Trump. They've had enough of the division, the incompetence and insults and child like behavior.. It's bad for business. The see the constant turmoil is harming their business, and making it really tough to do business overseas.

And if the GOP loses Corporate America? Well, they've lost almost every demographic except old white men. Without corporate American, the GOP is in serious trouble.

oh, he's desperate. doesn't mean he's not doing his usual thing (chaos) that has worked for him many times.

I see a scary scenario where Trump leads early on Election Day based on in person voters, and as more votes by mail comes in, he starts to lose, and claims voter fraud, and all hell breaks loose.
That is the exact scenario I see possible, if not probable. He will immediately call for shutting down any further counting past election nite, giving the GOP administrations in the battle ground states cover to do it, and mounds of DEM ballots from the urban areas will never be counted.

There's lots of rationale for what Trump is doing, with the above being one.

Trump may win, he, and the GOP is going to cheat and pull every dirty trick they can..

But here's the thing. If you notice the corporations/businesses are starting to turn on the GOP, because of Trump. They've had enough of the division, the incompetence and insults and child like behavior.. It's bad for business. The see the constant turmoil is harming their business, and making it really tough to do business overseas.

And if the GOP loses Corporate America? Well, they've lost almost every demographic except old white men. Without corporate American, the GOP is in serious trouble.
The bolded is an interesting development. I'd be happy for any assistance that can be gotten, but I surely don't want us (Dems) to go all neoconservative third-way.

Yeah, well part of the issue is with the States as well. Quite honestly, they all should have been doing Mail-In systems for some time now. Colorado long had a Mail-In system of sorts, and the last 7 years we have had an all Mail-In system. It works great. Some other States run an all Mail-In system as well.

But the States are going to have to make adjustments, make sure ballots get out there early enough, make sure that tracking is in place, make sure that they can get back and counted. Now, the obvious answer is secure Drop Boxes (which Colorado also has), but the GOP is waging a war on those too.

It's quite obvious the lengths the Right is going to undermine democracy here. But the right has long hated freedom and America, it's just that they are being far more transparent about it now than they have in the past.

Still, this can be properly done, we're running low on time, but we're not out of time yet.
Well, I'm very disappointed to see the new Post Master is removing 1/4 of our mail sorting machines.

OTOH, Obama seems to be making a priority out of education & getting the vote out early. I suspect this is going to be a predominate Dem theme.

Well, I'm very disappointed to see the new Post Master is removing 1/4 of our mail sorting machines.

OTOH, Obama seems to be making a priority out of education & getting the vote out early. I suspect this is going to be a predominate Dem theme.

Well you can't rig an election with just wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom