• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden calls on Cuomo to resign in the wake of A.G. report

I haven't stated Biden's call for resignation is negative. I believe it to be a calculated stance. If you believe it to be principled, then good for you. Cuomo still has his day in court where he very well could be cleared of everything. But if everything these women are saying is accurate, then it's likely that his behaviors were well known in political circles. Baggage finally outweighed value and let the public stoning commence.
The only difference between 'principled' and 'calculated' is your cynical view of Democrats. There's no way to distinguish doing the right thing for the right reasons, and doing the right thing for selfish reasons, for you or anyone else.

Cuomo should resign and Democrats should do the right thing and insist on it. (Whether Republicans have or would have done the same is irrelevant when it comes to doing the right thing.)
That's true, and Democrats are largely doing just that.

What we don't have to do, however, is take complaints by the MAGA contingent seriously.

That's true, and Democrats are largely doing just that.

What we don't have to do, however, is take complaints by the MAGA contingent seriously.
True, true. One should focus on doing the right thing and not listen to unhinged crackpots and their Q gospel.

How about this: I can fully accept all Dem comments against Cuomo are cynical politics, but with good reason: it’s generally accepted that sexual assault is a bad thing.

If Republicans can’t do likewise, gee I guess that proves how cynical *Democrats* are.

Cuomo has got to go. Glad to see Democrats doing something about it.

Wish I could say the same thing for morally depraved Republicans who don't give two shits about anything.

Democrats had the chance to do the right thing months ago (and some did - including some here at DP). Now the rest are just doing the politically expedient thing with a bunch of chest thumping and faux-righteousness.

The COVID "hero" of the left faces reality ... when you mess with the bull, you get horns, and rightfully so.

I've just now read your edit. I agreed that politics is a field where good decisions aren't always made.

As to the rest, the AG is a politician. Politicians do what furthers their position. Would you be surprised if she throws her name in the hat for Governor?

And politicians sometimes act decently and other times act like crooks. So, you did not answer my question. If you imply that you see t Bar's conduct being similar to this AG's conduct because both are politicians, this seems like a comment which tries to avoid making comparisons. If you vote, you make choices AMONG politicians. If she throws her name for governor it will not change the fact that she chose to expose her boss today which is always a risky move because powerful crooks like Cuomo and Trump often fid ways to retaliate against those who try to expose them.

I don't believe all of the women but I do believe the State Trooper who IMO has the strongest case and perhaps may even result in criminal charges.

As a New Yorker, Gov Cuomo should resign. Instead he is being defiant and digging his heels in. His dad must be rolling over in his grave.

He is not long for the Governors residence

She is a woman and if she runs, it will be perfectly fine. If people do the right thing and then use it in their political resume, it is perfectly normal. This is how politics should be!

The only difference between 'principled' and 'calculated' is your cynical view of Democrats. There's no way to distinguish doing the right thing for the right reasons, and doing the right thing for selfish reasons, for you or anyone else.
I have a cynical view of politicians and view them as self serving. Especially the ones who rise to the national level.

Look back to Pres Clinton. Biden was not happy with his actions but he definitely lent his support publicly and at voting time. Supporting him was more benefit than going against. Calculated decision that has obviously served him well.

Look back to Pres Trump. When he was impeached in the house and then acquitted in the Senate, calculated decision was made to vote no by the R Senators. We'll see how it plays out for them in the future.

And politicians sometimes act decently and other times act like crooks. So, you did not answer my question. If you imply that you see t Bar's conduct being similar to this AG's conduct because both are politicians, this seems like a comment which tries to avoid making comparisons. If you vote, you make choices AMONG politicians. If she throws her name for governor it will not change the fact that she chose to expose her boss today which is always a risky move because powerful crooks like Cuomo and Trump often fid ways to retaliate against those who try to expose them.
Don't know what t Bar is.

Yes, if you vote, you obviously have to make choices based on available candidates.

The AG "exposing" her boss is a risky move. But the benefit is greater than the risk in this particular case.

I don't know, doing crap in college is different than using the power of your office to do it.
It’s the reaction that he’s talking about in that tweet. Cuomo gets credibly accused of abusing women, the Dems abandon him. A Republican does it, the GOP faithful close ranks and support him.

It’s the reaction that he’s talking about in that tweet. Cuomo gets credibly accused of abusing women, the Dems abandon him. A Republican does it, the GOP faithful close ranks and support him.
Again, when Kav did it, he was a college student, not to mention his accuser was not credible. It's a dumb comparison to make imo

Oh, and here's a helpful reminder for our resident righties:

View attachment 67346037

If my dearly departed father ever touched me like that or made me pose with my hand cupping his chin like a lover while wearing a skirt that is one inch short of my genitals I would punch him in the nuts.

But then again, my father wasn't a creepy pervert who harbored incestuous thoughts of me as someone he would date.

Don't know what t Bar is.

Yes, if you vote, you obviously have to make choices based on available candidates.

The AG "exposing" her boss is a risky move. But the benefit is greater than the risk in this particular case.

If you cannot figure out from the post that I meant Barr- Trump's AG- you are wasting my time.

You do not know what the benefit will be beforehand, and right now, you do not even know of this AG disinterested in replacing Cuomo. So, you are just speculating forgetting that even the conservatives accept that some politicians can find ways to avoid legal consequences and stay in power.

Again, when Kav did it, he was a college student, not to mention his accuser was not credible. It's a dumb comparison to make imo

Agree completely. Kav probably was a little devil at that age. He's the same age as me and times were different then. I don't think he raped anyone. I don't like the man, but I don't think, as you, there is any comparison to the Cuomo thing.

Cuomo needs to go, immediately.

If you cannot figure out from the post that I meant Barr- Trump's AG- you are wasting my time.

You do not know what the benefit will be beforehand, and right now, you do not even know of this AG disinterested in replacing Cuomo. So, you are just speculating forgetting that even the conservatives accept that some politicians can find ways to avoid legal consequences and stay in power.
Waste of time indeed. I didn't realize it was my responsibility to make sense of your personal shorthand. 🤦‍♂️

I'm not sure why you are so locked on the AG. There was too much evidence so she of course pushed it forward. And by doing that, it will only elevate her career as Cuomo is likely to be crucified in the court of public opinion. Two birds with one stone.

I believe this all was a calculated decision by politicians to cut ties after weighing risks vs benefit. I mean, we have literally decades of politicians doing this very thing so
I'm not sure why this is hard to fathom. But I'm totally okay if you see all of this as altruistic and for the greater good. That's what makes opinions interesting. Good night.

Waste of time indeed. I didn't realize it was my responsibility to make sense of your personal shorthand. 🤦‍♂️

I'm not sure why you are so locked on the AG. There was too much evidence so she of course pushed it forward. And by doing that, it will only elevate her career as Cuomo is likely to be crucified in the court of public opinion. Two birds with one stone.

I believe this all was a calculated decision by politicians to cut ties after weighing risks vs benefit. I mean, we have literally decades of politicians doing this very thing so
I'm not sure why this is hard to fathom. But I'm totally okay if you see all of this as altruistic and for the greater good. That's what makes opinions interesting. Good night.

People who are familiar with US politics can understand if someone makes a typo. If you have no ability to do so, you do not have the intellect that is necessary for a conversation.

I do not know why you are so locked on not giving e credit where it is due. I use the AG because in case you miss it we had an investigation by a D ( that means "Democrat" in case you are not capable of deducing the abbreviation) AG who came with a damning report about the actions of a D governor. And as I explained before (and you continue to miss the point), the AG can't know in advance the outcome and if he will prevail or if he will be defeated politically by his boss. Apparently, you have not heard what happened to people who chose to expose the dirty laundry of their boss or criticize Trump.

I believe that you are not interested in giving credit to the Ds because you just cannot afford to withstand the comparison of their behavior compared to that of the GOP leaders. Sp, you think that they act like any other politician and you deliberately ignore the behavior of GOP politicians who even though they could make decisions that could benefit their career by damaging Trump's credibility, they chose to ignore investigations, with plenty of evidence and witnesses. Classic example was the senate's decision to refuse to subpoena Trump's señor cabinet members like Bolton who were willing to testify in the impeachment trial.

Again, the issue is not about Ds being altruistic.. The issue is that at moments in time, some make the right decisions and others cannot do it. And as I explained from the beginning the reason Democratic politicians are able to make the right decisions this time is because their Democratic constituent is more willing to hold its leadership accountable compared to the republican constituent which has followed the path of Trump's cult where he knows that he can shoot somebody at 5th avenue and still retain the support of his voters.

Last edited:
How about this: I can fully accept all Dem comments against Cuomo are cynical politics, but with good reason: it’s generally accepted that sexual assault is a bad thing.

If Republicans can’t do likewise, gee I guess that proves how cynical *Democrats* are.
And yet y’all put a rapist in the WH.

Back
Top Bottom