• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden asks if deceased congresswoman is present at White House food insecurity conference

Clearly you have never had someone close to you go through this. Consider yourself lucky.
The deep concern you all have for Biden is endearing. Much like the MAGA outpouring of concern for the health of Clinton when she was campaigning.

Titter, titter.

So predictable, these little leftists drones are. Biden looks for a dead Congress woman, most of their responses are about Trump. C'mon, not one serious comment on Biden? I guess you all finally agree that his mental condition is a dangerous problem.
Biden's most recent gaffe is not his finest hour, to be sure, but at least he didn't praise our Revolutionary War soldiers for taking control of the airports.
Do you think trump's mental condition is dangerous?

To me Biden's senility and incapacity to be president is only part of the story.

The rest of the story is KJP's train wreck of an explanation. "Top of mind"? WTF does that even mean?

The press corp apparently had reached it's limit of lying and stupidity and pushed back. KJP who is really bad at her job continued to repeat the same BS and the briefing descended into chaos.

I haven't seen the press core rise up since the last days of Trump. This might signal a sea change and an end of KJP's tenure.

If in the previous four years we had a president who wasn't a gaffe machine, couldn't read teleprompters etc. then throwing stones wouldn't look so bad. However, since that isn't the case, the glasshouse you're in doesn't take kindly to stones. I don't know what's worse - asking if a deceased congresswoman is present, or telling everyone your wife couldn't make it when she's standing right next to you and someone who you were just on a flight with.
🤔
Well, that should have put an end to this non-story, but nope. Eight pages later...

Honestly, I hadn't heard anything about this gaff until now. Maybe it happened because Pres. Biden wasn't aware the woman had died yet he was familiar with her contribution to the kind of work that was being done. If none of his Advisors know he intends to start giving out accolades during a press conference, it's difficult for them to prepare him accordingly and inform him who is and isn't present in the room. That is one of the biggest misstep Pres. Biden tends to make. The other...recounting family stories.

(Note to Joe: If it's not part of your prepared remarks, don't comment on it.)

The idiocy that comes off the fingers of the citizens of Trump Fan Nation is reaching epic proportion.
"His cognitive decline is undeniable! It's not age, it's dementia! How sad for his family! Someone do something! Think of the nation, the children, and Baby Jesus!"

- Internet Certified Board of Physicians of MAGA Land

Trump is the absolute worst teleprompter-reader I've ever witnessed. He loses his train of thought when he switches from the left one to the right one.

That's a short attention span!
So very true! It still annoys me to this day to see Trump try reading from a teleprompter because he makes so many mistakes. Frankly, I think the man reads at a 6th grade level.

Biden knew the congresswoman, knew she had died, and had even mentioned it publicly.

If in the previous four years we had a president who wasn't a gaffe machine, couldn't read teleprompters etc. then throwing stones wouldn't look so bad. However, since that isn't the case, the glasshouse you're in doesn't take kindly to stones. I don't know what's worse - asking if a deceased congresswoman is present, or telling everyone your wife couldn't make it when she's standing right next to you and someone who you were just on a flight with.
🤔
"Poor Donald wasn't senile, he was hounded incessantly by the lib mob media while he fought to build a wall, expose the Kenyan Fraud, protect us from windmills, and inject powerful disinfecting light to save us from the COVID which was no worse than the flu and magically disappeared before he saved us from it with Warp Speed vaccines which we now know didn't work and altered our DNA!!!

So yeah...Biden is senile!" *titter titter*

Well, if we wait for you libs to point out Bidens flaws the way you did to Trump, nothing will get said. Rather than constantly compare Biden to the person you consider to be the worst man in human history, why not compare Biden to, say, Obama?
That's like comparing an Audi to a Volkswagen. There's really no comparison other than the fact that they're both foreign made cars. The Volkswagen (Biden) is a nice car, but the Audi (Obama) is so much better at this reading from the teleprompter thing.

There are senile moment and there are gaffes but sometimes people forget someone has passed away when they start to think of them.

The ****ed up part is that it hurts like hell the second or two later when you realize that person has died.

So very true! It still annoys me to this day to see Trump try reading from a teleprompter because he makes so many mistakes. Frankly, I think the man reads at a 6th grade level.
Yeah, but it can get a lot worse, real quick, if he starts that 'free-talking' ramble.

I don't share your issue with seniors. It's not his age, it's his undeniable cognitive deterioration. Even the compliant press can no longer deny it.
Which is far less the the obvious mental issues that Trump has

So again the choice was Biden or Trump
The country made the right choice and voted Trump out

To me Biden's senility and incapacity to be president is only part of the story.

The rest of the story is KJP's train wreck of an explanation. "Top of mind"? WTF does that even mean?

The press corp apparently had reached it's limit of lying and stupidity and pushed back. KJP who is really bad at her job continued to repeat the same BS and the briefing descended into chaos.

I haven't seen the press core rise up since the last days of Trump. This might signal a sea change and an end of KJP's tenure.
So, what did you say when Trump said that Revolutionary soldiers took control of our airports?

That's like comparing an Audi to a Volkswagen. There's really no comparison other than the fact that they're both foreign made cars. The Volkswagen (Biden) is a nice car, but the Audi (Obama) is so much better at this reading from the teleprompter thing.
I don't know about that. My son's Audi burned to the ground while my VW is a champion.

The deep concern you all have for Biden is endearing. Much like the MAGA outpouring of concern for the health of Clinton when she was campaigning.

Titter, titter.
It's the country for which I have concern. You make it quite clear you don't share that concern.

Which is far less the the obvious mental issues that Trump has

So again the choice was Biden or Trump
The country made the right choice and voted Trump out
Bizarre. Just freaking bizarre. Biden's cognitive issues have become undeniable and the response is TRUMP

Trump has repeatedly stated he doesn't read at all.

It's the country for which I have concern. You make it quite clear you don't share that concern.
Of course you were voicing these same concerns for the country during Trump's reign of multiple speaking gaffs, mental lapses and disturbing tweets.

Or was that an eleventy dimensional level of covfefe that reassured you the nation was in safe hands?

It means having someone at the forefront of your thoughts, keeping them and the way they lived life foremost in your thoughts.

I remember when my father passed away, I would often speak of him as if he were still alive and folks who were present and knew of his passing would sometimes have to remind me that he's gone. It happens especially if you think fondly of a person.

Why this is such an issue with Republicans is really sad. It just goes to show how uncaring many of you truly are. You'd rather get your digs in on him as a way to "own the libs" than demonstrate you have a shred of compassion or decency. Yes, we know Pres. Biden's old. We know he makes the occasional mistake, but it seems to me "we wish him success as President" was very short lived. It's as if you guys just wait in the shadows until Biden makes the slightest mistake and then you pounce!

I can admit I didn't like Donald J. Trump, Sr. as President. But if we're being honest, he gave the country and the world plenty of reasons not to like him. We didn't have to pick on him because he provided the justification for digging on him nearly every day, i.e., drinking bleach to cure covid-19 or holding a Bible upside-down let alone misquoting chapter and verse. At least Biden (typically) makes honest mistakes. Trump, on the other hand, was just stupid most of the time. It's why so many within his Cabinet called him a moron. Because he is!

Last edited:
Bizarre. Just freaking bizarre. Biden's cognitive issues have become undeniable and the response is TRUMP
Trump is clearly losing it (if there was anything there to begin with)

So yeah the choice was Biden or Trump the nation made the right choice

The first time Trump's name was mentioned (at post #7) was in reference as to how terrible he was at reading from a teleprompter. I think that's a fair criticism of his reading abilities since he ridiculed former Pres. Obama for using a teleprompter throughout his presidency. Then during his tenure, Trump quickly learned why the device is used when giving public addresses. The point, obviously, was to illustrate how no president goes error-free (all the time) when making public remarks but that some make more mistakes than others AND that some mistakes are avoidable (just read the damn teleprompter) while others are just honest mistakes.

In that moment, Pres. Biden likely just forgot Jackie Warlorski recently died just last month...an honest mistake. It doesn't mean the man's losing his mind. I just means he forgot. But therein lay why using a teleprompter and sticking to prepared remarks and NOT going off-script is so important when giving a public address.

This is what passes for a "major issue" to our fabulous trumptists......LOL.

There are hundreds of people in Congress, Our President Biden obviously didnt know this poor woman was deceased. Completely understandable really, Our President has had a LOT going on what with computer chips, infrastructure, freeing POWs and all.

I support President Biden, he's doing well IMO and really is better than I expected. He's really beginning to hit his stride right now!! LOOK OUT!

biden dont be scared.gif

This is what passes for a "major issue" to our fabulous trumptists......LOL.
Until the next thread about the My Pillow guy!

There are hundreds of people in Congress, Our President Biden obviously didnt know this poor woman was deceased. Completely understandable really, Our President has had a LOT going on what with computer chips, infrastructure, freeing POWs and all.
Maybe they should have put this on his note cards.
I support President Biden, he's doing well IMO and really is better than I expected. He's really beginning to hit his stride right now!! LOOK OUT!
LOL! "Adorable"! Bless your heart!

I don't get it. Why is it bizarre that we are so much better off, dementia-wise, than we were under Trump?

Back
Top Bottom