• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden and trump deadlocked for 2024 run

If trump has 20% support at this point our country has big problems. This is like "the country is split on whether we should have nuclear war with Putin".

I don't want Biden to run again because of age, but if he does and wins again, the GOP will implode and their voter base will attempt to burn the country down that will make January 6th 2021 looks like Childs play. No way would they (and Trump) be able to take losing to a so called "dementia patient"...twice.
Wow! Talk about reactionary extremism. So republicans are just blind to Trumps faults, and apparently democrats are just stupid.

If trump has 20% support at this point our country has big problems. This is like "the country is split on whether we should have nuclear war with Putin".
That Biden has any support at this point our country not only has big problems but is in store for more of the same. Biden's incompetent and has not idea of how to handle policy. Evan Obama's people are taking about it.

Wow! Talk about reactionary extremism. So republicans are just blind to Trumps faults, and apparently democrats are just stupid.

Run Trump again. Please.

Run Trump again. Please.
After the mess Biden has made, the currrent polling showing the independents are not going to vote Biden again, Trump will upset the democrats just as he did against Hillary. Trump may not be a "nice" guy President but he's far better at protecting the nation, handling our adversaries and promoting America. Biden is just stupid and inept.

After the mess Biden has made, the currrent polling showing the independents are not going to vote Biden again, Trump will upset the democrats just as he did against Hillary. Trump may not be a "nice" guy President but he's far better at protecting the nation, handling our adversaries and promoting America. Biden is just stupid and inept.

So Trump sucks so bad his only chances of winning is running against a candidate even more hated? glad you admit it. He can't win on his merits or non existent accomplishments, I agree.

The article in the OP is referencing a new Wall Street Journal poll, showing the tie. From time to time, I really enjoy looking over the internals of a poll and decided to do so with this one. I thought quite a number of good questions were polled and there were some interesting results - especially about topics I think will play a big role in 2022. For example, the economy (of course, it's always important to elections) and crime. I've linked the full poll and I'll post some screenshots of sections which caught my eye, just in case anyone else is interested in the same sections.

Screenshot 2022-03-13 221219.pngScreenshot 2022-03-13 221324.pngScreenshot 2022-03-13 221400.png

Oops, I see I cut off the dates in the categories with two columns. The first column (the column to the left) is the current March poll. The second column is the same question asked in a November 2021 poll.

Fox news reports, according to a new national poll released Friday by the Wall Street Journal, it’s all tied up between the president and the former president at this extremely early point in the next presidential election cycle. Funny how the MAGA world is under the illusion that Donald's a shoe in. But the only thing conservatives are really good for anymore is parroting alt-right MSM propaganda.

I really hope neither of them run. One is too old and the other seems like he has lost his mind. I an not tell which is which, can you?

The democrats need to nominate a moderate republican. We need a coalition government.

That's the most transparently honest comment I've ever seen you post.

Not only do I think the internals of that poll give us more info than just the "tie" between Biden and Trump, but those specifics give me some good info 8 months before the midterms. And regarding 2024, I think a few of those categories show us that despite the tie, Trump might actually fare better against Biden than the tie would lead most to believe.
The approval/disapproval, Q15 and Q16, were interesting to me. I wouldn't have expected Trump would do a fair amount better than Biden in those categories and quite a bit better than his usual approval numbers when he was serving. I guess people are viewing Trump in a more favorable light now that Biden's policies are in place as a comparison. I've often commented that it is my opinion Biden is opening a door for Trump to step back in and potentially win, and I think we see some evidence of my theory represented in the results of Q15 and Q16.

Let's see, a poll is done by the far right Rupert Murdoch owned Wall Street Journal and is reported by the Rupert Murdoch owned far right media voice of the Republican party Fox Noise and it has the twice impeached, morally and ethically corrupt Trump tied with Biden.
Is anyone surprised?

Thanks for admitting that voter fraud in 2020 took place. ✌😎

How is that admitting anything?

All it shows is that almost anyone running against The Donald had to do almost nothing to beat him...that's how badly MORE Americans wanted to get rid of The Donald. It reflected how bad The Donald was.

It wasnt about Biden...it was about taking out the trash. Which we did.

That Biden has any support at this point our country not only has big problems but is in store for more of the same. Biden's incompetent and has not idea of how to handle policy. Evan Obama's people are taking about it.
Which Obama people, cite please, a non Fox News ?

Obviously, neither gentleman will be a candidate in 2024.

It goes without saying that President Biden will be in no condition (physically or mentally) to continue to head the United States, even as merely a mouthpiece for Dem bigwigs.

And it is obvious that former President Trump will not be allowed to occupy the White House again because the Establishment is fiercely against him.

Both gentlemen are yesterday's news.

We should wish them a happy and contented retirement in 2024.

Trump was destined to lose re-election as far back as 2017 when his initial approval ratings never hit higher than 45%. Funny how you guys still don't see that the majority of people think he sucks. Hell of an echo chamber you guys have built for yourselves.
Yet he is on a deadlock with biden lol.

No the economy was never better in history under Trump until covid hit and likely would have one reelection apart from covid.

But yea is not well liked even among many who have and will vote for him again.

Yet he is on a deadlock with biden lol.

No the economy was never better in history under Trump until covid hit and likely would have one reelection apart from covid.

But yea is not well liked even among many who have and will vote for him again.
It was not covid that lost Trump the election. He misread the electorate, and refused a course correction. He lost it all on his own.

Back
Top Bottom