• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden and Harris are too pro-Israel right-wing

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Israel's government has an extraordinarily powerful influence machine in the US, and Biden and Harris - like trump and other administrations - aren't at all at odds with that.

Harris just promised that the Biden administration will never put any conditions on the billions of dollars in military aid the US gives Israel. Giving up any leverage against any wrongdoing.

I think Israel's right-wing couldn't be happier seeing these administrations adopt these unconditional policies of support.

The Palestinians have basically no allies or power, when the 'champion of freedom, democracy, and the underdog' US becomes quite corrupt and sides with the oppressor.

In the primary, some Democrats said they would consider conditions on the aid; Biden called that outrageous.

Citing 'Unbreakable Commitment,' Harris Vows Biden Would Never Place Conditions on US Military Aid to Israel | Common Dreams News

I don't know, the US might need Israeli intel more than Israel needs US aid.

I think this post has held up well.

I think this post has held up well.
:unsure:

Which post? The OP? You got two replies in three years. The post failed.

Everyone to the right of Bernie is "too right wing" to some people. Check your source. It explains everything.

left6.png

Common Dreams is "too left wing" trash.

CNN: "“I did not ask for a ceasefire,” Biden said while leaving the White House Saturday afternoon. “I had a long talk with Netanyahu today, and it’s a private conversation.”

Biden, who was walking toward Marine One for a flight to Camp David, did not provide more details."

Israel's government has an extraordinarily powerful influence machine in the US, and Biden and Harris - like trump and other administrations - aren't at all at odds with that.

Harris just promised that the Biden administration will never put any conditions on the billions of dollars in military aid the US gives Israel. Giving up any leverage against any wrongdoing.

I think Israel's right-wing couldn't be happier seeing these administrations adopt these unconditional policies of support.

The Palestinians have basically no allies or power, when the 'champion of freedom, democracy, and the underdog' US becomes quite corrupt and sides with the oppressor.

In the primary, some Democrats said they would consider conditions on the aid; Biden called that outrageous.

Citing 'Unbreakable Commitment,' Harris Vows Biden Would Never Place Conditions on US Military Aid to Israel | Common Dreams News
You still don't get it do you. Biden is boxed by Bibi on one end and the very real threat to Israel posed by Arab Nations that have been trying to take Israel down since 1948. The really sad part is that those Arab Nations don't give a rats behind about Palestinians. They have just used Palestinians as pawns:
- first they jumped into what was for all intents a civil war left by yet another hasty, ill conceived retreat from Empire by the UK. They jumped in thinking that as weak as Israel was just becoming independent that they could help themselves to a land grab. The end result was a bloody mess that had Jordan having territorial control over the West Bank but no more than territorial control and Egypt having territorial control over parts of Gaza but no more than territorial control and they certainly did not accomplish a complete victory over Israel. Not by a long shot. WHOOPS
- Then came 1967 and they thought they would try it again. Nasser got himself all hot and bothered (a particular malady for the Arab States) that Israel was going to attack Syria (you can figure out why Nasser would care. I don't want to) As UN forces pulled out of Sinai stationed there after the 1956 Suez Crisis Egypt blockaded the Straits of Tiran denying it to Israeli shipping and announcing that they had mined the Straits. Well that tears it! everybody and his brother knew Egypt and Syria were about to attack. Israel was additionally was concerned that Egypt would attack the Dimona nuclear facility. Israel worried that Dimona would be attacked. Egypt and Syria worried that Israel had just crossed the nuclear threshold. I really think the Six Day War was destiny incarnate. The Arabs never could keep their intentions secret for long and they still had the yen for burying Israel. You could easily compare them to the Kaiser before WW1. Russia was in there prodding them along. So Israel beat them to the punch and attacked and pounded both Egypt and Syria senseless, defeating Jordan in the process which had been supplying Palestinians fighters inside Israel with the weapons and training that resulted in the initial skirmishes in this conflict. Result, Israel now took over control of the West Bank from Jordan and Golan from Syria and Sinai from Egypt. If you are getting the impression that these Arab Nations were just fighting themselves into a deeper and deeper hole, you are reading it right. WHOOPS
- then because they lost so much territory in 1967, with some of their economies on the rocks the Arab Nations decided they just had to try it again and Egypt and Syria attacked Israel again this time on Yom Kippur. Outcome.....Arabs lost again after having ALMOST pulled it off for once. The US played a big role in Israels victory.

Arab Nations have never tired of having a hair across their asses about Israel. You can see it just in how quickly they all lined up to immediately declare themselves for Hamas after Oct 7th. While Biden is trying to temper Israel's response to Oct 7th he can never forget that if certain Arab Nations get their way, they will rip Israel to shreds. My personal feeling is that this is a struggle that will be endless fueled by conflict over the most contested piece of turf in the religious world, Jerusalem and Arab Nations unwilling to accept Israel as a neighbor now headed up by Iran. The Palestinians as always just pawns and an afterthought.

One generalization with a lot of truth is that people tend to become more 'fixed' in views at Biden's age. Less able to change views. That doesn't have to be a big problem, when Biden is dealing with longtime opinions to support democracy, to support labor, and so on. But when the situation needs him to realize he's wrong on Israel s they drag the US down in the world, that's a problem.

One generalization with a lot of truth is that people tend to become more 'fixed' in views at Biden's age. Less able to change views. That doesn't have to be a big problem, when Biden is dealing with longtime opinions to support democracy, to support labor, and so on. But when the situation needs him to realize he's wrong on Israel s they drag the US down in the world, that's a problem.
Nah

Back
Top Bottom