• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden agrees to meet with Putin ‘in principle’ if Russia has not invaded Ukraine

itstony

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
This is great news, I hope it happens. If Biden can achieve stability in the Ukraine it will have long reaching effects on the economy and prevent needless loss of life. This would have a huge impact on his approval ratings as well.

Nice job Mr. President no make it happen!

President Joe Biden has accepted “in principle” a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in what could represent a last-ditch effort at diplomacy over tensions surrounding Ukraine and a possible avenue to avert a looming invasion directed by Moscow.

Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, said Sunday evening that the summit between the two world leaders would happen following a meeting between Secretary of State Antony Blinken and his Russian counterpart, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. That meeting is scheduled for later this week.

Psaki noted that the agreement is conditioned on Moscow holding off on an invasion.

All we are saying
Is give peace a chance 🕊️

This charade is pointless. Putin hasn't moved his demands one inch. The abandonment of current NATO member states is a total nonstarter and Putin is either procrastinating hoping Ukraine's President will crumble from the emotional pressure or Putin merely faking it while looking for a red flag operation that US intelligence hasn't exposed before it's launch date.

In theory March 15 is the beginning of the mud season, so he knows it's probably essential to launch an attack by March 1st. Either that or wait till the summer.

Frankly, if news breaks that tonight or tomorrow the Russian tanks are rolling, I'd not be the least surprised.

This is great news, I hope it happens. If Biden can achieve stability in the Ukraine it will have long reaching effects on the economy and prevent needless loss of life. This would have a huge impact on his approval ratings as well.

Nice job Mr. President no make it happen!

President Joe Biden has accepted “in principle” a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in what could represent a last-ditch effort at diplomacy over tensions surrounding Ukraine and a possible avenue to avert a looming invasion directed by Moscow.

Jen Psaki, the White House press secretary, said Sunday evening that the summit between the two world leaders would happen following a meeting between Secretary of State Antony Blinken and his Russian counterpart, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. That meeting is scheduled for later this week.

Psaki noted that the agreement is conditioned on Moscow holding off on an invasion.

This already sounds like a joke.
The Biden administration itself invented that Russia would attack Ukraine (despite the fact that the Kremlin constantly denied it), this did not happen... and now Biden is recording a victory for himself... that is, Russia is credited with a technical defeat in the war declared on February 15 due to non-appearance ...
This is a comedy of absurdity.

And Biden would have been better off not shitting himself like that in Afghanistan, now he wouldn't have had to celebrate victory in a fictional war.

This charade is pointless. Putin hasn't moved his demands one inch. The abandonment of current NATO member states is a total nonstarter and Putin is either procrastinating hoping Ukraine's President will crumble from the emotional pressure or Putin merely faking it while looking for a red flag operation that US intelligence hasn't exposed before it's launch date.

In theory March 15 is the beginning of the mud season, so he knows it's probably essential to launch an attack by March 1st. Either that or wait till the summer.

Frankly, if news breaks that tonight or tomorrow the Russian tanks are rolling, I'd not be the least surprised.
I guess the world leaders learned nothing from dealing with Hitler prior to WWII. Appeasement doesn't work in just emboldens the corrupt and Putin is corrupt. If the democracies of the world give in to Putin, it's just the first step in more demands to come. At some point the free world will have to stand up, and If Joe Biden isn't strong enough to do that he's just "kicking the can down the road" as our politicians like to say.
I've got no problem with talking, I have a problem with giving in and showing weakness and calling it diplomacy. "Peace in our Time" declared Neville Chamberlain after his meeting with Hitler in 1938. The truth is Chamberlain met with Hitler 3 times in 1938 and each time he gave in a bit more and by the 3rd meeting, which took place in Munich, the deal was sealed. Hitler got exactly what he wanted and Chamberlain made his declaration of "peace in our time". It lasted only a short time as Hitler invaded Poland in 1939, almost exactly a year after the Munich Agreement. Some will say this kept peace for another year but that's not really accurate, war was coming because it was Hitler's intention all along and he appeasement of the Munich Agreement gave Hitler another year to continue his military buildup.

I guess the world leaders learned nothing from dealing with Hitler prior to WWII. Appeasement doesn't work in just emboldens the corrupt and Putin is corrupt. If the democracies of the world give in to Putin, it's just the first step in more demands to come. At some point the free world will have to stand up, and If Joe Biden isn't strong enough to do that he's just "kicking the can down the road" as our politicians like to say.
I've got no problem with talking, I have a problem with giving in and showing weakness and calling it diplomacy. "Peace in our Time" declared Neville Chamberlain after his meeting with Hitler in 1938. The truth is Chamberlain met with Hitler 3 times in 1938 and each time he gave in a bit more and by the 3rd meeting, which took place in Munich, the deal was sealed. Hitler got exactly what he wanted and Chamberlain made his declaration of "peace in our time". It lasted only a short time as Hitler invaded Poland in 1939, almost exactly a year after the Munich Agreement. Some will say this kept peace for another year but that's not really accurate, war was coming because it was Hitler's intention all along and he appeasement of the Munich Agreement gave Hitler another year to continue his military buildup.
And here are the comparisons with Hitler have arrived)))

It's a nice idea, but I doubt it will matter. It seems like Putin has decided to invade. And if he doesn't, it will be because he changed his mind. I don't know what Biden could possibly say that could alter his decision, but I suppose it can't hurt to keep talking.

Has Sleepy apologised for Russia missing six invasion dates so far ?
What happened yesterday , Sleepy ?
Is your intel coming from that wag of a son that you have , Sleepy ?
Tell him to concentrate on his crap paintings .He will need the loot for lawyer's fees when they come to take him away .

bump please.....

Now 75% of Russia's conventional arms are surrounding Ukraine. Ahhh for the good ole' days when some IODIOT monarch or group of IDIOT monarchs would decide they had a great idea and would attack across the Russian border while it had fully 75% of its conventional forces stuffed into one corner of the country and Belarus.

We need to pull our troops away from Ukraine and Russia needs to do the same. Let's get on with it.

With Germany speaking up has put another serious dimension into this foray ........

And here are the comparisons with Hitler have arrived)))
Those arrived in 1933. They continued until 1945. Now we just refer to history, facts that give us lessons in what to do and not do. Learn from history. Try reading some.

We need to pull our troops away from Ukraine and Russia needs to do the same. Let's get on with it.

With Germany speaking up has put another serious dimension into this foray ........
We don't have troops in Ukraine, we have some troops in NATO nations. We shouldn't give int to Putin. He's a thug, a bully and he'll do whatever we let him. He doesn't want a shooting war with NATO. That's not winnable, he's far too outnumbered. He's going to make demands and see what he can get. Thus the Hitler appeasement episode. The Western Democracies in Europe didn't want a war so they convince Czechoslovakia, to surrender land to Hitler, convinced the French to withdraw their pledge to defend the Czechs, and by the 3rd meeting Hitler had all he had planned for up to that point. They war was still in the planning and he got another year to complete his Blitzkrieg plans for Poland. While the world sat and watched he continued to militarize pretty much unchallenged.

We have allowed Putin to take his same coarse of action. In fact we have allowed China and Iran to do this type of buildup.
Iran is on the verge of a new Nuclear Arms agreement that will ensure the get the bomb. Not surprising, all the first agreement did was slow their development, never stopped it. This one is even weaker, because there is no way, and was none under the first agreement, to monitor their activity.

Bullies only respond to a bigger bully.

Tell him to concentrate on his crap paintings .He will need the loot for lawyer's fees when they come to take him away .

Wow, reality seems to be in short supply in the UK but why in the world would bring Hunter into this? Don't you guys have party-gate to worry about?

Citations please. You seem to not recognize the difference between the words "could" and "shall". Another hopelessly bad effort. I cannot even call this one a nice try as what Biden actually said has already been addressed in this thread.

Putin about to recognize the disputed reasons in East Ukraine as independent states crapping all over his own signature on the Budapest Memorandum AGAIN.

What ...no snappy comebacks from the forum Russia-crats????

Stunningly....Putin blames the Communists for having created the Soviet Union of States "ripping" (his word) Ukraine from Russia. If Russia didn't like that idea, it should have complained about it then Vlad. You are now an international criminal if you were not already.

Meanwhile MSM bemoans that it is a "national holiday". You have got to be kidding me MSM. You think WH National Security assets are home putting some shrimp on the barbi? IDIOTS.

So I am shocked that the forum Russia-crats are still silent after Putin's rant today. Waiting for instructions from the Imperial Death Star or Tucker Vladimir Carlson is my guess.

Back
Top Bottom