• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden administration sued over Cannabis and Guns

Crakhobarbie

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, plans to sue the Biden administration Wednesday to try to block a federal rule that prohibits medical marijuana users from buying guns or maintaining concealed-carry permits.
"The lawsuit targets a federal form that asks whether the gun buyer is an unlawful user of drugs and specifies that marijuana is illegal under federal law. A person allowed by the state to use marijuana must then check “yes,” which results in denial of the purchase. Lying by checking “no” runs the risk of a five-year prison sentence for making a false statement."

I'd prefer that Cannabis be removed from being a schedule 1 narcotic, as that removal would, I assume, void this law by default. But I fully support Ms. Fried in her lawsuit.

I would think a decent 5th amend argument could be made and with the evaluation of our views cannabis it has good shot at being taken serious.

To head off anyone No I am not advocating someone who is a crack addict getting a firearm.

Cannabis needs to be legalized, not decriminalized.

Let the states regulate and tax it like alcohol and end the banking ban for dispensaries.

Democrats fall short again.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, plans to sue the Biden administration Wednesday to try to block a federal rule that prohibits medical marijuana users from buying guns or maintaining concealed-carry permits.
"The lawsuit targets a federal form that asks whether the gun buyer is an unlawful user of drugs and specifies that marijuana is illegal under federal law. A person allowed by the state to use marijuana must then check “yes,” which results in denial of the purchase. Lying by checking “no” runs the risk of a five-year prison sentence for making a false statement."

I'd prefer that Cannabis be removed from being a schedule 1 narcotic, as that removal would, I assume, void this law by default. But I fully support Ms. Fried in her lawsuit.

That would seem ridiculous that someone using marijuana would not be able to buy a gun. But like you said, Marijuana should be legal federally and taken off the list, which was only put on there thanks to corruption of a major industrial company shoving it in last minute since hemp would encroach on their paper sales

That would seem ridiculous that someone using marijuana would not be able to buy a gun. But like you said, Marijuana should be legal federally and taken off the list, which was only put on there thanks to corruption of a major industrial company shoving it in last minute since hemp would encroach on their paper sales
Well, Hurst as well as Anslinger, who needed more arrests to stay relevant. America's been sick for a long time.

Cannabis needs to be legalized, not decriminalized.

Let the states regulate and tax it like alcohol and end the banking ban for dispensaries.

Good comment but marijuana legalization is a bi- partisan problem.

Why inject partisanship?

Yea, that's a big fat swing and a miss. You may want to check to see what party was in control of both houses of congress when the appropriations bill addressing this issue was passed. And maybe check how many republicans have been in the white house since then without taking any action.

Yea, that's a big fat swing and a miss. You may want to check to see what party was in control of both houses of congress when the appropriations bill addressing this issue was passed. And maybe check how many republicans have been in the white house since then without taking any action.

I'm not a republican.

Good comment but marijuana legalization is a bi- partisan problem.

Why inject partisanship?
Because of stupid trolling and that is all right wingers know and can do, their entire lives are to get those liberals and democrats. And republicans are much bigger opponents to pot legalization as most Schism posts, its complete nonsense

I'm not a republican.
I didn't claim you were and that fact makes no difference to the point. To suggest this issue is a democratic failure is simply wrong.

I didn't claim you were and that fact makes no difference to the point. To suggest this issue is a democratic failure is simply wrong.

Which party is leading the cause? Is this a key platform of the GOP?

Democrats are failing at advancing their legislative goals or those of their constituents.

So yeah, they've failed.

Back
Top Bottom