• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Administration secures release of US Marine vet in surprise prisoner exchange with Russia

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Bravo!!

"The deal involving Trevor Reed, an American imprisoned for nearly three years, would have been a notable diplomatic maneuver even in times of peace but it was all the more surprising because it was done as Russia’s war with Ukraine has driven relations with the U.S. to their lowest point in decades."

Let's hope they don't capture a general or we'll be giving them Trump.

Bravo!!

"The deal involving Trevor Reed, an American imprisoned for nearly three years, would have been a notable diplomatic maneuver even in times of peace but it was all the more surprising because it was done as Russia’s war with Ukraine has driven relations with the U.S. to their lowest point in decades."

They are still letting Brittney Griner sit in prison over there.

how do you know what they're doing.

but, just to let you know, we all see you trying to suck the positive air out of the room.

I'm not trying to do anything just pointing out the reality that a POC LBGTQIA2S+ person is at the end of the list for help getting out of Russia.

If you let facts "suck your positive vibe" that's on you

And the downside would be?

I was thinking loss of prosecution and sentence thus justice (you know, like the trafficker) but that's laughably naive. You're right. Now we just need someone high enough up to be captured by Russia so we can trade Trump.

I'm not trying to do anything just pointing out the reality that a POC LBGTQIA2S+ person is at the end of the list for help getting out of Russia.

how do you know if she's at the end of the list and why isn't she just an American to you?

Damn what a shit post this is. Typical for a Con I guess.

I was thinking loss of prosecution and sentence thus justice (you know, like the trafficker) but that's laughably naive. You're right. Now we just need someone high enough up to be captured by Russia so we can trade Trump.
Wonder if Gen. Flynn would be interested. We could let the Russians keep both of them. No messy trade negotiations.

Let's hope they don't capture a general or we'll be giving them Trump.
Well, seeing as there are zero chances of him facing prison time here and at least a 50% chance of him being President again, I think giving Trump to Russia is a pretty good outcome.

Well, seeing as there are zero chances of him facing prison time here and at least a 50% chance of him being President again, I think giving Trump to Russia is a pretty good outcome.

Yeah, we all agree. I was being naive. Trump seeing justice. Hah. I feel young. For a minute there it was like anything could happen, the future was wide open. But Trump skates, of course. Who was I kidding.

I'm glad this young man is out.
Reading interviews with his parents, they claim his arrest was based upon a completely bogus charge and that he was being used as a political pawn. Perhaps true, but then again, not as if Russia got much out of the bargain.

The other side of me, perhaps the parent, wants to shake these young people and ask them: why voluntarily travel to a country run by a known thug, dictator? As an American you are a prime target for them.

Interesting that the Russians would want a convicted drug trafficker back though.

Presumably a spy and I don't figure they grabbed a retired Joe. I don't care if it's a Russian or American or whatever, when they get grabbed and they're all, "I'm not a spy" they're a spy. I'll deny it as an American, of course, I'll do my duty, but I know the Russians didn't grab retired Joe trying to get by on retirement money.

It was a spy exchange. Who are were trying to lie to? Them? They know. How about everyone stops pretending to "just be on vacation" and "visiting a girlfriend" and we just admit we exchanged spies. Would that be okay? I think so.

Maybe it's some kind of spy creed that they must go to their graves claiming to be Corporal Joe. It seems dumb.

One thing I can assure you of is a Joe was not traded for a drug kingpin. That is not what happened. Because that makes no sense.

Last edited:
Bravo!!

Good news, glad to hear it.

one for sure Moscow is A TERRORIST crime - cartel, OFFICIALLY

Back
Top Bottom