• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden administration freezes new oil and gas drilling leases after court rules against key climate tool

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Get ready for some break the bank recession inducing skies the limit gas prices. Things are going to get bad enough with Russia invading Ukraine and now idiot Biden does this. It’s like he’s trying to destroy America.

“The Biden administration has once again put a pause on new leases and permits for federal oil and gas drilling after a judge blocked the administration from using a metric that estimates the societal cost of carbon emissions”

Biden thinks somehow, shutting down US gas production will show global warming. It won't. The fossil fuel will come from somewhere. If we can't produce enough gas to share with the Germans, they will burn their own coal, for twice the CO2. Brilliant! Sleepy Joe. Brilliant! Greenie Wackos. Screw the environment and foreign policy all with one stroke of a pen.

Get ready for some break the bank recession inducing skies the limit gas prices. Things are going to get bad enough with Russia invading Ukraine and now idiot Biden does this. It’s like he’s trying to destroy America.

“The Biden administration has once again put a pause on new leases and permits for federal oil and gas drilling after a judge blocked the administration from using a metric that estimates the societal cost of carbon emissions”

One of these days it would be great if congress did their job and President stopped doing congress's job. This reminds of when Obama tried the same thing, straight up banning offshore drilling. The courts also ruled it was illegal. New boss same as the old boss.

Like the last time you guys brought this story up they have enough permits already that this doesn't matter.

I'm so tired of the ****ing stupid.
This stupidity must have been on Fox News today.

Bozo Biden is damn determined to make us all pay $4 or $5 for a gallon of gas.

Biden thinks somehow, shutting down US gas production will show global warming. It won't. The fossil fuel will come from somewhere. If we can't produce enough gas to share with the Germans, they will burn their own coal, for twice the CO2. Brilliant! Sleepy Joe. Brilliant! Greenie Wackos. Screw the environment and foreign policy all with one stroke of a pen.
If the US government has to choose between "letting Germans freeze in the dark" and "making American pay more for gas", which way to you think it would jump:

[1] under a "Democrat" administration;​
and​
[2] under a "Republican" administration?​

Do you think that the Germans don't already know the answers?

Maybe that's good. People will stop wasting so much fuel and the demand will drop followed by more green energy production and lower fuel prices.

The price here is already at $3.70/gal. Most people figure out how to adjust.

Well if you truly understood the issue you wouldn't have posted this.

I'd also like to won the lotto to which I feel I have better odds at doing than reading this stupid garbage

I think you’ll see even higher prices than that with Biden anti oil policy on top of the coming sanctions on Russia.

Well likely the conflict with Russia will skyrocket prices more than this.
Biden anti energy policy will exacerbate the problem. I’ll predict $7.00 gas by years end and a full blown recession if sanctions on Russia and Biden anti energy policy join forces.

Biden anti energy policy will exacerbate the problem. I’ll predict $7.00 gas by years end and a full blown recession if sanctions on Russia and Biden anti energy policy join forces.
lol

Didn't you make some prediction last time that never came true?

Like the last time you guys brought this story up they have enough permits already that this doesn't matter.

Liberals, as usual, do not understand the process of developing energy, or anything else complicated. The availability and anticipated availability of the resource drives present day investment decisions, like my decision whether to buy energy stock, and the energy companies' decision whether to reinvest their profits in further productive capacity, or declare dividends to stockholders. Biden is screwing this up at precisely the time that this nation needs to mobilize for war, whether or not US troops are directly engaged. Brilliant! Sleepy Joe.

lol

Didn't you make some prediction last time that never came true?
I did predict gas would go to $4.00 if Biden was elected. I was pretty close on average and California is even higher.

Liberals, as usual, do not understand the process of developing energy, or anything else complicated. The availability and anticipated availability of the resource drives present day investment decisions, like my decision whether to buy energy stock, and the energy companies' decision whether to reinvest their profits in further productive capacity, or declare dividends to stockholders. Biden is screwing this up at precisely the time that this nation needs to mobilize for war, whether or not US troops are directly engaged. Brilliant! Sleepy Joe.
Which part are you having trouble understanding here?
The part where they have enough permits to out last Biden for 4 to 8 years or the part where they have enough permits to outlast Biden for 4 to 8 years?

This will do nothing to the price of gas. Zero.

The part where they have enough permits to out last Biden for 4 to 8 years or the part where they have enough permits to outlast Biden for 4 to 8 years?

You assume the relevant time horizon is 4 or 8 years. It takes more time than that to get a new refinery approved, much less built.

I don’t see $7 but I do think something in the 4.15-4.45 range is probable by summer. As it closes in on $5 Democrats will do something in the way of repealing gas tax temporarily in hopes that buys enough votes for the midterms. I don’t except to see below $3 for any extended time in 2022.

You assume the relevant time horizon is 4 or 8 years. It takes more time than that to get a new refinery approved, much less built.
Wow move those goal posts. We haven't had a new one built in 40 years

They got over 80 MILLION acres of new leases for the Gulf alone YES 80 MILLION ACRES under Biden plus more federal lands
and got 26 Million more acres just days before Trump left office
the leases are for 10 Years and are almost automatically renewed if they are producing oil.
and YES this is just MORE right wing BS trying to blow things out of perspective and make everybody get up in arms against Biden and the Dems
You got to love their half truths and distortions and lies
Maybe they should start crying about the US oil industry NOT putting their wells back on line
The US oil industry shut them down under Trump and started to put them back on line slowly in the fall of 2020 and still don't have all the ones on line that they did in 2019
Why so slow?
are they keeping these wells off line because they are making money hand over fist by keeping the supplies low

and again like you said they have more leases on over 100 MILLION acres of federal property they don't need to have a lease auction for several YEARS but the morons on the right have to try and make a big deal out of nothing
Have a nice afternoon

Well it might
the oil companies could push this distortion and lie and make the people on the right think it is causing more of anoil shortage so they can raise prices again
and if they do the Government should investigate why.
but YES they have got new leases on over 106 MILLION acres in the last year and 2 months
and those leases last 10 years and Biden is not restricting anything they do on already leased lands.
Have a niceday

They got over 80 MILLION acres of new leases for the Gulf alone YES 80 MILLION ACRES under Biden plus more federal lands
and got 26 Million more acres just days before Trump left office
the leases are for 10 Years and are almost automatically renewed if they are producing oil.
and YES this is just MORE right wing BS trying to blow things out of perspective and make everybody get up in arms against Biden and the Dems
You got to love their half truths and distortions and lies
Maybe they should start crying about the US oil industry NOT putting their wells back on line
The US oil industry shut them down under Trump and started to put them back on line slowly in the fall of 2020 and still don't have all the ones on line that they did in 2019
Why so slow?
are they keeping these wells off line because they are making money hand over fist by keeping the supplies low

and again like you said they have more leases on over 100 MILLION acres of federal property they don't need to have a lease auction for several YEARS but the morons on the right have to try and make a big deal out of nothing
Have a nice afternoon
With Trump policies we reached energy independence and Russian oil wouldn’t be an issue, Now under Biden anti energy policies it’s a huge deal and gas prices are already rising as we speak.

If your saying Biden has put restrictions on building new refineries I would like to see a link
from all I have read I don't see any such thing happening
have a nice day

Back
Top Bottom