• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden administration formally launches effort to return deported veterans to U.S.

Why were they deported in the first place ?

Were they not US citizens ?
No...they joined the military to gain citizenship but couldn't make it out of training due to not being able to pass background checks for various clearances. I'm not aware of veterans that actually served their term being removed.

No...they joined the military to gain citizenship but couldn't make it out of training due to not being able to pass background checks for various clearances. I'm not aware of veterans that actually served their term being removed.

Gee for a moment I thought I'd find something Biden wanted to do that I'd agree with.

Well that is just utter nonsense

Why were they deported in the first place ?

Were they not US citizens ?
I guess not. It doesn't really make sense.

Part of the last paragraph:

"Typically veterans were deported because they were convicted of crimes. Veterans advocates have said that many fell into trouble because of post-traumatic stress disorder related to their military service."

Typically veterans were deported because they were convicted of crimes.

I don't see a problem with deporting non-citizens who commit crimes. I don't care if they served in the military or not. If you want to be a citizen, don't commit a crime.

Maybe we could wave a misdemeanor, but no felonies. If you committed a felony, GTFO.

I don't see a problem with deporting non-citizens who commit crimes. I don't care if they served in the military or not. If you want to be a citizen, don't commit a crime

Maybe we could wave a misdemeanor, but no felonies. If you committed a felony, GTFO.

Seems harsh. Why not simply give them justice equal to that of a citizen? They made a greater sacrifice than most citizens. And this is even crueler:

"Veterans advocates have said that many fell into trouble because of post-traumatic stress disorder related to their military service. But many of their relatives had no criminal records..."

I don't see a problem with deporting non-citizens who commit crimes. I don't care if they served in the military or not. If you want to be a citizen, don't commit a crime.

Well, maybe reading about it more might help you on this.

You can’t access the VA for service related injuries if you’re deported.

I would say that depends on the crime. If their crime was shoplifting, vagrancy or smoking pot...they should not be deported after they served the country...if they committed a violent felony such as rape or murder, yes.

that is bs. Most of them that were deported actually served in a war.

Good point.

He could have been referring to your entire posting history.
He CoUlD hAvE bEeN rEfErRiNg To YoUr EnTiRe PoStInG hIsToRy.

I bet you thought that sounded clever.

So Biden is letting criminals stay in the country just because they served?

He's even dumber than we thought.

Back
Top Bottom