• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden administration endorses transgender youth sex-change operations, 'top surgery,' hormone therapy

So, Biden is doubling down on trans athletes and hormone/surgery for minors.

I'm not sure if *this* would be the line I'd draw in the sand as a democrat...but it should make for an interesting election season.

What?! Since when do you feel you have any right to say anything about the medical decisions we make for our kids ?
Well if you are a Christian scientist and want to pray cancer away for your kid I will have a say in that

I think elective life altering surgery for minors must be carefully considered.
Consider if a 10 year old boy or girl, came to their Parents and asked that they be sterilized?
Decisions like this are always made with the guidance of doctors. No doctor is going to sterilize a kid cause their parents okayed it. Don't be silly.

Well if you are a Christian scientist and want to pray cancer away for your kid I will have a say in that
How so? You can't prevent people from praying.

Decisions like this are always made with the guidance of doctors. No doctor is going to sterilize a kid cause their parents okayed it. Don't be silly.
Yet, gender reassignment surgery is a much more intrusive operation, and likely also leads to sterilization.

I think elective life altering surgery for minors must be carefully considered.
Consider if a 10 year old boy or girl, came to their Parents and asked that they be sterilized?

Okay, let's consider it.

What excuse is given to the doctor for sterilization?

I sure can prevent you stopping me from treating that kid
euh no. You are a person on the internet. Now I don't agree with the pray it away people but by law if they use that and the kid dies they can be held liable for the child's death.
Btw unless you are a licensed doctor or nurse I'd not let you treat anything. Not to be rude.

euh no. You are a person on the internet. Now I don't agree with the pray it away people but by law if they use that and the kid dies they can be held liable for the child's death.
Btw unless you are a licensed doctor or nurse I'd not let you treat anything. Not to be rude.
Ok let's play this game. You have no say if someone kills their kid

We can make this as stupid as you want

Yet, gender reassignment surgery is a much more intrusive operation, and likely also leads to sterilization.
And to have such a surgery would be decided by the parents and the doctor. It would be like me wanting to weigh in in people enlarging their sex organs. Not my monkeys not my circus. You do you.

False equivalence. Being trans is not a communicable virus. Do you understand that?
So some medical choices are okay to be taken out of parent’s hands and others aren’t?

And to have such a surgery would be decided by the parents and the doctor. It would be like me wanting to weigh in in people enlarging their sex organs. Not my monkeys not my circus. You do you.
There is a reason we do not allow minors to make like altering decisions.

So some medical choices are okay to be taken out of parent’s hands and others aren’t?

Yes. Parents should vaccinate their children against infectious diseases for the safety of the other children they come in contact with.

As he said, being trans isn't contagious.

There is a reason we do not allow minors to make like altering decisions.
Where does it say that minors alone will make the decision?

Okay. And tell us what doctor will sterilize a 10 year old because it's what the kid wants?
I do not know, but what doctor would preform gender reassignment surgery on a child?
I think both would be wrong, the mind of the minor is not developed enough to make such decisions.

Back
Top Bottom