• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden administration endorses transgender youth sex-change operations, 'top surgery,' hormone therapy

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

President Biden's administration has released a series of documents encouraging gender-reassignment surgery and hormone treatments for minors.

The Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Population Affairs released a document Thursday titled "Gender Affirming Care and Young People." The same day, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Child Traumatic Stress Network – another subset of the HHS – released a parallel document titled, "Gender-Affirming Care Is Trauma-Informed Care."

The HHS documents describe what it calls appropriate treatments for transgender adolescents, including: "'Top' surgery – to create male-typical chest shape or enhance breasts;" and "'Bottom' surgery – surgery on genitals or reproductive organs, facial feminization or other procedures."

Wonder how many kids in this forum will take advantage of this policy change

Fake news

I wonder how many supposed "small-government" conservatives will demand that the government stick its nose into matters that are none of their business.

Fake news

Interesting and typical liberal response and support for Biden. Do you have your Biden Decoder equipment to decipher his rhetoric or do we continue to listen to his handlers walking back his rhetoric?

Fake news

Sounds exactly like the type of leadership you want in this country

Interesting and typical liberal response and support for Biden. Do you have your Biden Decoder equipment to decipher his rhetoric or do we continue to listen to his handlers walking back his rhetoric?

Try reading the article for Biden's actual quote.

I think the issue is surgery. No one is advocating children to get gender changing surgery, as far as I know. I didn't see anywhere in the gov site that advocates it.

Gender affirmation, as long as they are older kids, I'm for. But, below the 3rd grade, I do not support.
None of the documentation in the OP advocates it. What it does is list what gender affirming care is, it's benefits, and the various ways it is managed.

Good.

The bullying of transgender kids and people is highly annoying and counterproductive to the kids and their growing-up into responsible and self-confident members of society.

They don’t need Republicans to tell them what’s „best“ for them or their bodies, because they can and should make their own decisions.

After the migrant bullying, Republicans just needed another minor(ity) scapegoat to project their hate on.

None of the documentation in the OP advocates it. What it does is list what gender affirming care is, it's benefits, and the various ways it is managed.

Correct, and so the OP is false.

As long as it's reversible, and not harmful, I don't see the harm in it. But, you tell me.
It's not reversible. A boy would not go thru male puberty as a male and he is forever disfigured by that

Sounds exactly like the type of leadership you want in this country

The guy is trolling the room. What he does is reveal right wing hysterics, so the jokes on him.

Last edited:
It's not reversible. A boy would not go thru male puberty as a male and he is forever disfigured by that

If that's true, then it's wrong. But, I don't know the facts. You got some authoritative data on this?

If that's true, then it's wrong. But, I don't know the facts. You got some authoritative data on this?
How is a boy who skips puberty NOT disfigured? I'm sure I could look it up but....come on

The guy is trolling the room. What he does is reveal right wing hysterics, so the jokes on him.

No, sorry but this isn't a joke, this is about taxpayers funding a personal responsibility and choice issue. It is a state and local issue not a federal one

Back
Top Bottom