• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Admin Weighing Shutting Down Oil Pipeline In Michigan

Revoking the permits for the [Line 5] pipeline that delivers oil from western Canada across Wisconsin, the Great Lakes and Michigan and into Ontario, would please environmentalists who have urged the White House to block fossil fuel infrastructure, but it would aggravate a rift with Canada and could exacerbate a spike in energy prices that Republicans are already using as a political weapon,” Politico Pro reported. “Killing a pipeline while U.S. gasoline prices are the highest in years could be political poison for Biden, who has seen his approval rating crash in recent months.”

The administration has not yet made a decision about the pipeline,
Sources told Politico Pro that the gathering of information on how shutting down the pipeline could impact fuel prices was only to give the Biden administration a clearer picture of the situation.

The instrument that can measure the size of the Biden Administrations Stupidity is yet to be invented.

The instrument that can measure the size of the Biden Administrations Stupidity is yet to be invented.
I see you think Biden's policies are stupid
well I guess letting them start building the replacement for line 5 is stupid,? what is it with you first you are saying Biden shut down a pipeline , It was NOT a pipeline yet it was under construction and only 8% complete and people make it sound like it was delivering oil to refineries when it wouldn't for a couple more years. and now when he is letting them build a new one you think his policies are stupid make up your mind
I thought you said Biden was anti oil
Line 3 came on line under Biden back in March 2020 and now they are building the replacement for line 5. ( one new pipeline delivering oil and start building another one )
lets see they are said to have already started building the replacement for line 5 and are keeping a close watch on line 5 that has NOT been shut down so if it does start to leak before the replacement is finished they can shut it down and repair it.
it says here they already started building it , and just think you think Biden's policies of building new pipelines is stupid.

very first thing you see is.
Is Enbridge building a new pipeline to the US?

Enbridge is currently building a replacement to the aging cross-border pipeline with a new one that can pump increased volumes of Canadian crude into the U.S. Construction of the project in the U.S. only began in December after years of regulatory and legal delays.
Yes I guess you think building new pipelines is stupid
have a nice day

Let's see Biden's bad policies.
First he took us from being oil " Independent " yes he must have because our oil producers started shutting down their wells because they could not compete with the Saudi's and Russia when they had their oil price war back in early 2020 . Yep it was all Biden's fault his bad policies.
Then he must have been the one that went to the Saudi's and told them to cut their production and RAISE prices or he was going to cut their Military aid. YEP it is all Biden's fault all Biden's bad policies this was also done in 2020 and they say it is all Biden's bad policies
there was a new pipeline put in service in March of 2021 and they are starting to build a replacement for line 5 that must all be bad policy by Biden
Heck he stopped the construction of a pipeline that was only 8% complete and people say that drove down supplies and drove up prices YEP shut down a pipeline that isn't complete and wouldn't be for several years yet but that drove down supplies and drove up prices now
YEP everything that happened back in 2020 has to be Biden's fault , Who else's could it be?
Have a nice day

Last edited:
From what I have been reading they may have already started building it.
Pending receipt of necessary permits and approvals, Enbridge anticipates beginning construction of the Great Lakes Tunnel in 2021 to house a replacement Line 5 segment in the Straits
that was the first thing that popped up on my search
and I will see if I can find it again I read that they started building it a week or so ago
from what I read it was the GOV. of Michigan that wanted it shut down and Biden did a study and gave it the go ahead,
and with the condition of the old pipe they are going to keep a close eye on it and only shut it down if needed till the new one is complete
Have a nice day
Fair enough. They've started construction on the tunnel under the lake bed. I'm good with that.

That it's a tunnel, and that there are likely multiple pipelines for multiple products, i.e. oil, LPG / Natural gas, etc. It can only be a good thing to do.
Well known that properly maintained pipelines have fewer instances of spills than any surface transportation, and less to no air pollution to boot.
Odd that so many are against pipelines forcing the use of surface transportation. You'd think they'd be for them.

Fair enough. They've started construction on the tunnel under the lake bed. I'm good with that.

That it's a tunnel, and that there are likely multiple pipelines for multiple products, i.e. oil, LPG / Natural gas, etc. It can only be a good thing to do.
Well known that properly maintained pipelines have fewer instances of spills than any surface transportation, and less to no air pollution to boot.
Odd that so many are against pipelines forcing the use of surface transportation. You'd think they'd be for them.
I am not against pipelines and I don't think a lot of people are , most of what I have read about the pipeline Biden shut down is people were not happy with where they wanted to run it,
some people even said just run it next to the pipelines that they already had or let the Canadians build it to their west coast and not through the US.
it was running it over/ in / near the Aquifers that millions of people depend on for their fresh water to live.
and yes I think a tunnel would be the safest way to run a new oil pipeline through the largest fresh water source in the world
a source that millions and millions of people depend on

The Great Lakes span 4,530 miles 1 of coast and account for 21 percent of the world’s freshwater. More than 30 million people rely on the Great Lakes for drinking water—10 percent of the U.S. population and 30 percent of the Canadian population. 2 $8.8 Billion in Wages
Have a nice day

I'm tired of constant right wing whining about pipelines. I now support absolutely covering the country in pipelines. The workers who build them will belong to public employee unions, and will be eligible for pensions. The pipelines will carry electrical and communication lines so that we don't lose power every time something unexpected like wind happens. The pipelines will also be covered with solar panels. We will pay for our precious pipelines with taxes, and the solar electricity will cover some of the maintenance.

Revoking the permits for the [Line 5] pipeline that delivers oil from western Canada across Wisconsin, the Great Lakes and Michigan and into Ontario, would please environmentalists who have urged the White House to block fossil fuel infrastructure, but it would aggravate a rift with Canada and could exacerbate a spike in energy prices that Republicans are already using as a political weapon,” Politico Pro reported. “Killing a pipeline while U.S. gasoline prices are the highest in years could be political poison for Biden, who has seen his approval rating crash in recent months.”

The administration has not yet made a decision about the pipeline,
Sources told Politico Pro that the gathering of information on how shutting down the pipeline could impact fuel prices was only to give the Biden administration a clearer picture of the situation.
It seems Biden and company want to make the U.S. much more dependent on middle eastern oil instead of striving to becoming energy self-sufficient. I don't know how much oil this pipeline carries or to where or if the oil is used here or sold overseas. Biden already cut the Keystone pipeline. I realize striving to swing this country to green and reusable energy is the goal. But before we cut off fossil fuels, the green energy must be readily available and cheaper than fossil fuel.

This may be putting the cart before the horse. I think the bottom line is the more oil we come to depend on from the middle east, the more likely we're to get involved in another war there. The price of a gallon of gas has already risen from 2 dollars a gallon up to 3.50 a gallon. Lots of complaints about that along with the rise in prices for food, clothes, housing etc. I have the feeling the Republicans where be successful in using the price of gas and other items to regain the house next November. Their message is falling on receptive ears who think the most important problem today facing this nation is rising prices. Everything else is much lower on their list of important issues.

If Biden does this, he's playing right into the Republicans hands. Perhaps the question is, does Biden and company want to please the environmentalist or do they want to win the upcoming midterms. I doubt they can do both. Too many people out there in the real world are frustrated with Biden and the Democrats in congress. It seems Biden and company might be on verge to make them angry. When folks get angry at the party in power, things like 1994, a 54-seat loss for the democrats, 2010, a 63-seat loss. Be careful here. I said more than a few times using the price of gas as a metaphor, that the 2022 election will be determined by the price of a gallon of gas.

It seems Biden and company want to make the U.S. much more dependent on middle eastern oil instead of striving to becoming energy self-sufficient. I don't know how much oil this pipeline carries or to where or if the oil is used here or sold overseas. Biden already cut the Keystone pipeline. I realize striving to swing this country to green and reusable energy is the goal. But before we cut off fossil fuels, the green energy must be readily available and cheaper than fossil fuel.

This may be putting the cart before the horse. I think the bottom line is the more oil we come to depend on from the middle east, the more likely we're to get involved in another war there. The price of a gallon of gas has already risen from 2 dollars a gallon up to 3.50 a gallon. Lots of complaints about that along with the rise in prices for food, clothes, housing etc. I have the feeling the Republicans where be successful in using the price of gas and other items to regain the house next November. Their message is falling on receptive ears who think the most important problem today facing this nation is rising prices. Everything else is much lower on their list of important issues.

If Biden does this, he's playing right into the Republicans hands. Perhaps the question is, does Biden and company want to please the environmentalist or do they want to win the upcoming midterms. I doubt they can do both. Too many people out there in the real world are frustrated with Biden and the Democrats in congress. It seems Biden and company might be on verge to make them angry. When folks get angry at the party in power, things like 1994, a 54-seat loss for the democrats, 2010, a 63-seat loss. Be careful here. I said more than a few times using the price of gas as a metaphor, that the 2022 election will be determined by the price of a gallon of gas.
Again what people on the right are listening to lies and half truths.,
Well I guess I can't say they out right lie but it is close to it, they aren't telling the whole story and only half truths
You say Biden " cut " the Keystone pipeline? and they say he shut down the Keystone XL pipeline.
it sounds like you think that Biden " cut " a pipeline that was delivering oil to refineries and that is just what the right WANTS you to think, They don't want you to know the Keystone pipeline was only 8% complete and would NOT deliver it's first drop of oil to a refinery for several YEARS YET.
I haven't heard a lot of people saying anything about the Keystone line 3 being put back on line under Biden or as of just lately the new pipeline that is going to replace the Line 5 pipeline.
and as for some of the rest of the stuff you talk about it just seems that people on the right are either to stupid or lazy to do a little research and getting the real facts
have a nice day

Again what people on the right are listening to lies and half truths.,
Well I guess I can't say they out right lie but it is close to it, they aren't telling the whole story and only half truths
You say Biden " cut " the Keystone pipeline? and they say he shut down the Keystone XL pipeline.
it sounds like you think that Biden " cut " a pipeline that was delivering oil to refineries and that is just what the right WANTS you to think, They don't want you to know the Keystone pipeline was only 8% complete and would NOT deliver it's first drop of oil to a refinery for several YEARS YET.
I haven't heard a lot of people saying anything about the Keystone line 3 being put back on line under Biden or as of just lately the new pipeline that is going to replace the Line 5 pipeline.
and as for some of the rest of the stuff you talk about it just seems that people on the right are either to stupid or lazy to do a little research and getting the real facts
have a nice day
The folks on the right or Republicans are going to vote for their candidates regardless. Just as the folks on the left, Democrats will vote for theirs. The battle is for the non-affiliated, the less to non-partisan group of voters, usually called independents. Right now, they’re peeved at having to pay 3.50 a gallon for gas when before they paid 2.00. This is the group that decides elections. They’re not what you would call left nor right, but usually somewhere in-between.

I think when one of these non-affiliated pulls into a gas Station and must pay 3.50 a gallon or goes to the grocery and sees a loaf of bread for 3 dollars instead of 2. Where a package of hot dogs cost 5 dollars instead of 3, the right doesn’t have to say a thing. These people are feeling it in their wallet. They aren’t interested in excuses; they want action taken and that action taken now.

That I think is the main reason in the generic congressional ballot has gone from 48-42 in May Democratic to 44-42 Republican today.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2022-generic-congressional-vote-7361.html

Where Biden’s overall approval has dropped from 54% approve, 41% disapprove in May down to 43/53 approve/disapprove today.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president-biden-job-approval-7320.html

The drop in both have been driven by independents who think Biden and company aren’t doing anything about what they perceive as this nation’s most important problem today, rising prices. That Biden has been too busy trying to please his base to worry about the rest of America.

Maybe it’s bad PR. I don’t know, really don’t care. But if the democrats want to retain the house and senate next year, they’d better start doing something about rising prices. If gas stays around 3.50, the GOP will probably gain the few seats they need to retake the house. If gas prices rise to around 4 dollars a gallon, look for a red wave. That is my prediction.

I am not against pipelines and I don't think a lot of people are ,
Well, no, there's a rather loud and long list of leftists who's position appears to be pretty much anti-energy; anti-petroleum, anti-natural gas and fracking for it, etc. etc.
If they push through anti-fracking regulations, I think they should be forced to forfeit any natural gas supply to their homes (heating and cooking).

most of what I have read about the pipeline Biden shut down is people were not happy with where they wanted to run it,
some people even said just run it next to the pipelines that they already had or let the Canadians build it to their west coast and not through the US.
The NIMBYs (Not In My Back Yard). A pipeline has to be cost effective, which means optimizing those expensive miles of pipeline, as well as what sort of terrain it needs to cross. Running the line all the way to Canada's West coast would have to cross how many mountains and mountain ranges?

NIMBY and the anti-energy types simply don't think things through or know business or know economics, based on their positions.

it was running it over/ in / near the Aquifers that millions of people depend on for their fresh water to live.
and yes I think a tunnel would be the safest way to run a new oil pipeline through the largest fresh water source in the world
a source that millions and millions of people depend on

The Great Lakes span 4,530 miles 1 of coast and account for 21 percent of the world’s freshwater. More than 30 million people rely on the Great Lakes for drinking water—10 percent of the U.S. population and 30 percent of the Canadian population. 2 $8.8 Billion in Wages
Have a nice day
Enbridge’s Line 5 has been in operation since In 1953 or '54, and has a good safety record, and provides transport for Michigan extracted oil and natural gas for the benefit of all Michiganders.

Last edited:
The folks on the right or Republicans are going to vote for their candidates regardless. Just as the folks on the left, Democrats will vote for theirs. The battle is for the non-affiliated, the less to non-partisan group of voters, usually called independents. Right now, they’re peeved at having to pay 3.50 a gallon for gas when before they paid 2.00. This is the group that decides elections. They’re not what you would call left nor right, but usually somewhere in-between.

I think when one of these non-affiliated pulls into a gas Station and must pay 3.50 a gallon or goes to the grocery and sees a loaf of bread for 3 dollars instead of 2. Where a package of hot dogs cost 5 dollars instead of 3, the right doesn’t have to say a thing. These people are feeling it in their wallet. They aren’t interested in excuses; they want action taken and that action taken now.

That I think is the main reason in the generic congressional ballot has gone from 48-42 in May Democratic to 44-42 Republican today.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2022-generic-congressional-vote-7361.html

Where Biden’s overall approval has dropped from 54% approve, 41% disapprove in May down to 43/53 approve/disapprove today.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president-biden-job-approval-7320.html

The drop in both have been driven by independents who think Biden and company aren’t doing anything about what they perceive as this nation’s most important problem today, rising prices. That Biden has been too busy trying to please his base to worry about the rest of America.

Maybe it’s bad PR. I don’t know, really don’t care. But if the democrats want to retain the house and senate next year, they’d better start doing something about rising prices. If gas stays around 3.50, the GOP will probably gain the few seats they need to retake the house. If gas prices rise to around 4 dollars a gallon, look for a red wave. That is my prediction.
Or start educating people.
Oil prices went down that low because the Saudi's and Russia were having a price war it had NOTHING to do with what Trump did or anybody else
They should be out there showing people the real facts that this price war happened and it was our oil industry that put political pressure on Trump to force the Saudi's to cut their production and RAISE the price of oil and TRUMP did just that
The thing is the Dems have to start getting the truth out there. Biden did NOT shut down any pipelines that were delivering oil to refineries Nor did he stop any drilling on land that was already leased.
all he did was suspend the granting of leases for federal lands for 6 months that the Courts over ruled
and if they don't get out there and let people know the real TRUTH they will loose because of a bunch of half truths and lies
have a nice evening

Well, no, there's a rather loud and long list of leftists who's position appears to be pretty much anti-energy; anti-petroleum, anti-natural gas and fracking for it, etc. etc.
If they push through anti-fracking regulations, I think they should be forced to forfeit any natural gas supply to their homes (heating and cooking).

The NIMBYs (Not In My Back Yard). A pipeline has to be cost effective, which means optimizing those expensive miles of pipeline, as well as what sort of terrain it needs to cross. Running the line all the way to Canada's West coast would have to cross how many mountains and mountain ranges?

NIMBY and the anti-energy types simply don't think things through or know business or know economics, based on their positions.

Enbridge’s Line 5 has been in operation since In 1953 or '54, and has a good safety record, and provides transport for Michigan extracted oil and natural gas for the benefit of all Michiganders.
Well I have to ask do you think Biden put a stop to ALL FRACKING?
because he didn't it was only on federal lands and that along with the suspensions of leasing federal lands were over ruled by the courts.
and it was for only 6 months not forever.
They have been fracking the Marcellus natural gas reserves for years and never stopped Except in NYS where it is a state ban NOT a federal one and has nothing to do with Biden it has been in effect for many many years.
I have a place in western NY and they drilled a well right near my land ( we get free gas and royalties ) and when they drilled several wells in that area they had to " Blow off " the pressure to get it under control , you could be a half a mile away when they did it and you had to cover your ears it was so load , the people that drilled them said every time they "Blew it off " that they released enough gas to power 100 homes for 5 to 10 years,
and they had to do it 3 or4times a day for over a week
in that area they don't need to frack
Have a nice day
the Canadians protested a lot harder against the XL pipeline then the Americans did and that was one reason they wanted to run it down here,
The history of the Keystone XL pipeline is a very interesting read.

Or start educating people.
Oil prices went down that low because the Saudi's and Russia were having a price war it had NOTHING to do with what Trump did or anybody else
They should be out there showing people the real facts that this price war happened and it was our oil industry that put political pressure on Trump to force the Saudi's to cut their production and RAISE the price of oil and TRUMP did just that
The thing is the Dems have to start getting the truth out there. Biden did NOT shut down any pipelines that were delivering oil to refineries Nor did he stop any drilling on land that was already leased.
all he did was suspend the granting of leases for federal lands for 6 months that the Courts over ruled
and if they don't get out there and let people know the real TRUTH they will loose because of a bunch of half truths and lies
have a nice evening
I always have a nice day. I'll add this, who we’re dealing with is independents, the non-affiliated. They're not political junkies, they pay little to no attentions to politics, the daily grind of politics. They tend to go by what they perceive to be true, not what actual is. If gas prices rose since Trump left office, then it must be Biden's fault. If one were to ask them what Biden did or didn't do to cause the price rise, they couldn't tell you. All they know is gas prices has risen.

We're political junkies here on this site, we're willing to delve deep into politics searching for answers, the reasons, the how and why's. Most independents are too busy with their daily lives, watching their favorite tv program, rooting for their favorite sports team, trying to make ends meet, taking care of family etc. They don't pay attention to politics and when they do, it's more superficially, like a casual observer. It’s every now and then.

I would say, Biden and company have a very rough road ahead of them.

Well I have to ask do you think Biden put a stop to ALL FRACKING?
I clearly indicated ecomentalists leftist groups who did want to ban all fracking. I did not say Biden.

because he didn't it was only on federal lands and that along with the suspensions of leasing federal lands were over ruled by the courts.
and it was for only 6 months not forever.
They have been fracking the Marcellus natural gas reserves for years and never stopped Except in NYS where it is a state ban NOT a federal one and has nothing to do with Biden it has been in effect for many many years.
I have a place in western NY and they drilled a well right near my land ( we get free gas and royalties ) and when they drilled several wells in that area they had to " Blow off " the pressure to get it under control , you could be a half a mile away when they did it and you had to cover your ears it was so load , the people that drilled them said every time they "Blew it off " that they released enough gas to power 100 homes for 5 to 10 years,
and they had to do it 3 or4times a day for over a week
in that area they don't need to frack
Have a nice day
the Canadians protested a lot harder against the XL pipeline then the Americans did and that was one reason they wanted to run it down here,
The history of the Keystone XL pipeline is a very interesting read.
You have a nice day too.

Why on earth Biden would even consider shut down any pipeline?

Michigan is partly surrounded by a huge lake, that's why. A lot of fish and other freshwater organisms would be harmed if there was an oil leak. So an oil pipeline in the state needs to be hundreds of miles away from Lake Michigan-Huron (which geologically is not two lakes, despite what people learn in school). Yes, our gas prices will go up again if it closes, but nobody in Michigan wants toxic water either. Saving a few cents per gallon on gas is nothing compared to saving the lives of animals that help the ecosystem. If the pipeline is far enough away from the banks of Lake Michigan-Huron to cause absolutely no damage, great. Show me how close it is to one of the biggest freshwater lakes in North America.

Before January 6th we had a magical supply of oil, even shipping more out than we used domestically.
Magical?
Biden gets inaugurated and he only shit down unused pipelines,
No, he canceled construction of an unbuilt pipeline. Unless there is some other pipeline he shut down that you could mention?
thus reducing our supply enough to beg OPEC for more
It's funny that certain posters use this word "beg". Where do you all get your talking points?
and release strategic reserves. Somehow gas prices are climbing and we are importing more than exporting now.
Gas prices are climbing because demand is rising as the economy rebounds and a lot of US wells were shut down during Covid. You can't snap your fingers and suddenly have a well restart. It takes time and money. Did it ever occur to you that US producers enjoy high prices and may not be in a hurry to see them fall?
But again Biden did not do anything to disrupt domestic petroleum chain…
This has been debated ad naseum in numerous threads without anyone being able to point to anything specific that is causing disruption of domestic petroleum production right now.
Wow, just wow!!!
I know, right?

No, he canceled construction of an unbuilt pipeline. Unless there is some other pipeline he shut down that you could mention?

Gas prices are climbing because demand is rising as the economy rebounds and a lot of US wells were shut down during Covid. You can't snap your fingers and suddenly have a well restart. It takes time and money. Did it ever occur to you that US producers enjoy high prices and may not be in a hurry to see them fall?

This has been debated ad naseum in numerous threads without anyone being able to point to anything specific that is causing disruption of domestic petroleum production right now.

In the 6 months between February and August 2021

“ Joe Biden has: (1) Shut down oil and energy development in ANWAR {LINK} which would increase use of the Alaska pipeline. (2) Blocked the Keystone Pipeline from completion {LINK} (3) Banned energy development on federal lands {LINK}. (4) Shut down the sale of energy leases in the Gulf of Mexico {LINK}. and (5) Blocked energy development in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico and Alabama {LINK} … As a direct and immediate consequence, gas and fuel prices have skyrocketed. The price of Unleaded Regular Gasoline is now up over 60% from 2020.”

I see you think Biden's policies are stupid
well I guess letting them start building the replacement for line 5 is stupid,? what is it with you first you are saying Biden shut down a pipeline , It was NOT a pipeline yet it was under construction and only 8% complete and people make it sound like it was delivering oil to refineries when it wouldn't for a couple more years. and now when he is letting them build a new one you think his policies are stupid make up your mind
I thought you said Biden was anti oil
Line 3 came on line under Biden back in March 2020 and now they are building the replacement for line 5. ( one new pipeline delivering oil and start building another one )
lets see they are said to have already started building the replacement for line 5 and are keeping a close watch on line 5 that has NOT been shut down so if it does start to leak before the replacement is finished they can shut it down and repair it.
it says here they already started building it , and just think you think Biden's policies of building new pipelines is stupid.

very first thing you see is.
Is Enbridge building a new pipeline to the US?

Enbridge is currently building a replacement to the aging cross-border pipeline with a new one that can pump increased volumes of Canadian crude into the U.S. Construction of the project in the U.S. only began in December after years of regulatory and legal delays.
Yes I guess you think building new pipelines is stupid
have a nice day

I will try to do so. Thank you!

In the 6 months between February and August 2021

“ Joe Biden has: (1) Shut down oil and energy development in ANWAR {LINK} which would increase use of the Alaska pipeline. (2) Blocked the Keystone Pipeline from completion {LINK} (3) Banned energy development on federal lands {LINK}. (4) Shut down the sale of energy leases in the Gulf of Mexico {LINK}. and (5) Blocked energy development in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico and Alabama {LINK} … As a direct and immediate consequence, gas and fuel prices have skyrocketed. The price of Unleaded Regular Gasoline is now up over 60% from 2020.”

Has anybody read this order? including yourself?
for one thing Biden did NOT stop any drilling on Federal lands that were already leased to oil Companies
from your " LINK "
Interior shall, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, place a temporary moratorium on all activities of the Federal Government relating to the implementation of the Coastal Plain Oil and Gas Leasing Program, as established by the Record of Decision signed August 17, 2020, in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge ( Oil and Gas Leasing Program )
If you read this it says " placed a " Temporary moratorium" on the the implementation of the Coastal Plain Oil and Gas Leasing Program.
He " Temporary " stopped the granting of leases for Federal lands it does NOT say a word about stopping drilling on already leased lands.
that covers your # 1/ #3 / #4 / #5
these were all covered by the ban on new leases of Federal land besides on the Gulf track leases the US Government only has authority to waters out to the 12 mile limit and they can drill any where out past that and the Gov. has no say.
Now the Keystone XL.
one of the first things people did was jump right on the fact he shut down an oil pipeline and it was going to have a drastic effect on oil supplies and drive up oil prices.
Nobody bothered to find out that the XL pipeline was only 8% complete and wouldn't be complete for several years
all they heard was Biden shut down an oil pipeline and oil prices were going up because of it.

so it basically comes down to the fact that he shut down a pipeline that wouldn't be delivering it's first drop of oil for several years and he put a Temporary stop on the granting of new leases of federal lands and did NOT stop the drilling of new wells on already leased lands
there is nothing in any of those things he did that would have driven down oil supplies and drove up oil prices
Have a nice day

I hope the Biden administration shuts down ALL fossil fuel producing opportunities ... and then when people are unable to afford fuel across the spectrum .. we know (again) who to point the finger at ...
You wish ill will on the country for political gain as a fan in the stand. Pathetic....
Before January 6th we had a magical supply of oil, even shipping more out than we used domestically.
False.

Field crude production declined from 13 million bbl per day to 11 million bbl per day in 2020. It's sitting at 11.8 million bbl per day as of December 2021.
Somehow gas prices are climbing and we are importing more than exporting now.
The economy reopened entirely in the middle of 2021. Gas prices had climbed as a result. Furthermore, current gas prices are about $0.3 more per gallon than they were at 2019 highs:

fredgraph.png

But again Biden did not do anything to disrupt domestic petroleum chain…

Wow, just wow!!!
He didn't. Energy production has increased during his presidency. If you're not aware of this fact, you shouldn't be posting in these threads in a matter-of-fact manner.

You wish ill will on the country for political gain as a fan in the stand. Pathetic....
[content removed for brevity]

Of course .. we all know that the shut down of fossil fuel development is going to kill the economy .. and the Biden administration plans this approach. Why wouldn't we use this as a baseline to determine how energy production should be accomplished in the United States? If Biden shuts down fossil fuel development .. the economy will tank .. we know this. Why is that pathetic when it's the inevitable outcome? Do you not understand how energy development works?

Of course .. we all know that the shut down of fossil fuel development is going to kill the economy .. and the Biden administration plans this approach. Why wouldn't we use this as a baseline to determine how energy production should be accomplished in the United States? If Biden shuts down fossil fuel development .. the economy will tank .. we know this. Why is that pathetic when it's the inevitable outcome? Do you not understand how energy development works?
Again I ask just what has Biden shut down besides construction of a pipeline that wouldn't have been completed for several years?
He didn't stop drilling on already leased federal lands like a lot of people are saying
and they are still leasing federal lands
have a nice day

we all know that the shut down of fossil fuel development is going to kill the economy
You believe this, which isn't surprising given you'd cheer for a faltering economy if there was a prospect for political gain. Hence, your entire POV is partisan.

Energy production, economic output, income, price levels, etc... have all grown considerably during the Biden administration. The only way we are going to face an economic collapse in the next few years is if something unforeseen ravages the globe, e.g. another virus, war, etc.... For 2021, it's shaping up as the strongest year of economic growth going back to 1984. For some reason, this really bothers you....

Again I ask just what has Biden shut down besides construction of a pipeline that wouldn't have been completed for several years?
He didn't stop drilling on already leased federal lands like a lot of people are saying
and they are still leasing federal lands
have a nice day
Biden has discouraged fossil fuel development .. that's objective .. fracking, pipelines, fossil fuel development .. Biden HATES ..

You believe this, which isn't surprising given you'd cheer for a faltering economy if there was a prospect for political gain. Hence, your entire POV is partisan.

Energy production, economic output, income, price levels, etc... have all grown considerably during the Biden administration. The only way we are going to face an economic collapse in the next few years is if something unforeseen ravages the globe, e.g. another virus, war, etc.... For 2021, it's shaping up as the strongest year of economic growth going back to 1984. For some reason, this really bothers you....
I chuckle when I hear about economic growth under Biden. When you look holistically on the economy .. it was completely shut down in 2020. Businesses were closed .. employees where laid off ... and the only outcome is .. growth. It's silly that the Biden administration would focus on economic growth based on their (democrats) position to shut everything down and pay employees more than they were making when they worked.

Back
Top Bottom