• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden: 1917 Pandemic (Probably) Ended the 2nd World War

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This must be why Biden is so afraid to debate Trump, his grasp of history is legendary... :2razz:

Biden, we need to get his cognitive functions check out, he just claimed that the influenza pandemic of 1917-18 ended World War II!

No, wait, that was Trump.

My bad!

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1292956445944606721?s=12

Video at link.

President Donald Trump blamed a faulty teleprompter for a gaffe in his Fourth of July speech, in which he claimed that the Continental Army “took over airports” during the Revolutionary War — more than a century before the dawn of aviation — but his remarks still inspired a storm of social media hilarity

Trump said the revolutionary army 'took over airports — and memes fly - News - Daily Commercial - Leesburg, FL

Anyone else catch the smirk when Trump again referenced the 1918 Pandemic as beginning in 1917?

S T A B L E G E N I U S

giphy.gif

Somehow right wing media will find a way to blame this on Biden and the Democrats. I don't know how, but they will.

Biden is going to mangle this idiot in the debates.

Biden, we need to get his cognitive functions check out, he just claimed that the influenza pandemic of 1917-18 ended World War II!

No, wait, that was Trump.

My bad!

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1292956445944606721?s=12

Video at link.

See, if it wasn't Trump, the guy who is attacking Biden for being supposedly senile or demented, I might give it a pass. Stupid. I wouldn't say it (I hope). But, y'know, 57 states. When you're tired/etc....sometimes a thing misfires.

But it's Trump. Mr. Revolutionary War Airports (I'd probably ask someone to nail my head to the floor if I said that). Mr...

Trumb babble 2.jpg

And Mr...

DAWSEY: You said yesterday when you were leaving that you were skeptical of a climate change report that the government had done. Can you just explain why you’re skeptical of that report?

TRUMP: One of the problems that a lot of people like myself — we have very high levels of intelligence, but we’re not necessarily such believers. You look at our air and our water, and it’s right now at a record clean. But when you look at China and you look at parts of Asia and when you look at South America, and when you look at many other places in this world, including Russia, including — just many other places — the air is incredibly dirty. And when you’re talking about an atmosphere, oceans are very small. And it blows over and it sails over. I mean, we take thousands of tons of garbage off our beaches all the time that comes over from Asia. It just flows right down the Pacific, it flows, and we say where does this come from. And it takes many people to start off with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...shington-post-interview-transcript-annotated/

Anything can happen in the debates, but I have a pretty good feeling that very few honest people will feel good afterward about the spectacle that just assaulted their senses.

Trump might get wistful about the fantastic Third World War that happened during the Summer of Love and how he couldn't find any good coke on the battlefield during Joe Cocker's set, and Biden might just find a way to top that.

Back
Top Bottom