• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biblical Tree of Knowledge

You know, when you invoke 'the Jewish Rabbi's' you are almost always totally wrong. When it comes to 'let us make man in our image', the Jewish commentary says that it is the 'heavenly host', and points out that in the next phrase, when God actually does the creating, rather than a plural, it is a magnified singular.

And yes, I view the Garden of Eden as a midrash.

Are you really still engaging Logicman as if he has anything valid to say?

First of all,
unlike the way you wrote "Gods," John 10:33-35 did not capitalize "gods."

So, on that issue alone - of course it shows your understanding of it is already wrong.

Here it is (two versions):

John 10:33-35King James Version (KJV)
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

John 10 (NIV)
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man,
claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’?
35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside—

The Jews accused Him of referring to Himself as God (as in the divine God), not just any "God" (but God Himself).....that's why they want to stone Him for blasphemy!

But Jesus' response used the small-case "gods." Big difference there, my friend.

Second, He was referring to judges, and kings and authorities who have power over men on earth.

In verse 34, Jesus was referring to Psalm 82:6, "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

And....

"Is it not written in your law,...."

He referred about the LAW!

Even today, governments govern societies! Don't judges have the power to judge men?
Some can confiscate what you have, or even condemn you to die!

Thus, they are like gods in the power they hold over men!

Neither greek nor hebrew has Capital leters ...

Magesterial plural, very common in the ancient near east.

Some have interperated it as the angels however.

given the actual verb's are all singular, as well as the narration is all singular, I think the magestarial plural makes more sense.

You should know this by know, it's been talked about here before.

Given his origins as the father god of other gods, maybe he mean them, the ones they shouldn''t have before him.

All the biblical story of eden tells us is thst yahweh likes his worshippers ignorant. Which is why so many resisted christianization. You can't blame humans for wanting to learn and grow, it's how we were created. If Yahweh didn't want us seeking knowledge he shouldn't have made us curious.

The original sin is god's fault not anyone else's.

All the biblical story of eden tells us is thst yahweh likes his worshippers ignorant. Which is why so many resisted christianization. You can't blame humans for wanting to learn and grow, it's how we were created. If Yahweh didn't want us seeking knowledge he shouldn't have made us curious.

The original sin is god's fault not anyone else's.

Not a chance.

God gave man free will. It was still man's sin.

But God knew in advance what would happen and ordained the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross to atone for man's sins.

"...the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." - Revelation 13:8

He set man up to fail, then eternally punishes him for being made that way.....

Given his origins as the father god of other gods, maybe he mean them, the ones they shouldn''t have before him.

Ok, that's only if you actually ignore the text.

Back
Top Bottom