• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biblical Language in relation to Science

Stop lying.

My question is where is the evidence. I am constantly investigating.

You know this. You know that if you provide decent evidence of the existance of somethoing like God I will be fascinated. You know this. Who do you think believes your lies? I don't, nobody else will consider them reasonable. So it must be lying to yourself. Stop iit you are damaging your own sanity.

Investigate for yourself...it's not gonna fall outta the sky and hit you on the head...plenty of people have and they do believe...so now, who's lying?

Investigate for yourself...it's not gonna fall outta the sky and hit you on the head...plenty of people have and they do believe...so now, who's lying?

You and I will agree that the Zoranastrionists have it wrong. They believe as much as you do.

When I debate with somebody and we are able to exhange with honesty and frankness then I know we are both not lying. We might have a difference of ideas or opinion but I know I am not being lied to.

When people are evaisive or they simply will not change their argument after obvious information showed them that that bit was wrong last time or a host of similar brick wall tactics I know they know they have no argument.

You know this as well.

You and I will agree that the Zoranastrionists have it wrong. They believe as much as you do.

When I debate with somebody and we are able to exhange with honesty and frankness then I know we are both not lying. We might have a difference of ideas or opinion but I know I am not being lied to.

When people are evaisive or they simply will not change their argument after obvious information showed them that that bit was wrong last time or a host of similar brick wall tactics I know they know they have no argument.

You know this as well.

When/if you ever show I'm wrong, then I'll listen/change my view...so far, you have not...

Blah, blah, blah...can you ever show anything besides debate rhetoric?

I am not the one making unsupported claims. I just want you to back up your assertions. It you said 'I believe' that would be one thing. But you assert a belief as a fact.

I am not the one making unsupported claims. I just want you to back up your assertions. It you said 'I believe' that would be one thing. But you assert a belief as a fact.

Thank you for your opinion...

Everyone knows that God is real-inlcuding you, but you dont want to admit

NOBODY (least of all me) knows for certain what God is, much less whether or not it tangibly exists.

OM

So your agnostic

Im not stupid-just say that

I don't prefer labels. They're used as mechanisms to generalize others by those in this forum who favor rejecting logic. I prefer instead to describe my beliefs as I have done so for your benefit.

OM

I don't prefer labels. They're used as mechanisms to generalize others by those in this forum who favor rejecting logic. I prefer instead to describe my beliefs as I have done so for your benefit.

OM

It gives a rough idea

NOBODY (least of all me) knows for certain what God is, much less whether or not it tangibly exists.

OM

Humans are capable of knowing qualities of God.

It's called "faith" for a reason, and thus no certainty involved. The only thing that is certain are the assertions that people know what God is, and that it exists; but such strong and emotional feelings have nothing to do with certainty.

OM

It's called "faith" for a reason, and thus no certainty involved. The only thing that is certain are the assertions that people know what God is, and that it exists; but such strong and emotional feelings have nothing to do with certainty.

OM

Faith is not a reason, faith is the TRUST in something, belief stems from evidence and seeing it

Faith is not a reason, faith is the TRUST in something, belief stems from evidence and seeing it

Trust is not certainty; same thing. Believers think they know. They know they believe. But they don't know for certain.

OM

Trust is not certainty; same thing. Believers think they know. They know they believe. But they don't know for certain.

OM

they do know for certain, they can illustrate it, I can

Back
Top Bottom