• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biblical Canon

No, I get the point perfectly - there's a disconnect between your assertions for the sake of internet god arguments and your logical conclusions that would therefore follow.

The fallout from that disconnect is that atheists mentally treat gods differently with regards to internet message board arguments than what they mentally assent to in real life. We can show our work from a believer's point of view. I positively assert that the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist and am an atheist with regards to FSM both in my mental assent to that entity and my outward assertion. That's a more consistent approach to my disbelief, and an approach that internet 'god atheists' simply don't reflect.
The disconnect is all yours. There is no difference between my atheism expressed on the internet and that expressed not on the internet. My mental state of atheism does not differ no matter how and where I express it.

I positively assert that the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist and am an atheist with regards to FSM both in my mental assent to that entity and my outward assertion.
The FSM exists. i have been touched by his noodlie appendage and the sauce is with me.

Back
Top Bottom