• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bible Fallacies

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've decided to post a few of the contradictions I have found in the Bible. Keep in mind the following examples are only a fraction of those that could be mentioned (the Bible is full of them):

1. There were in Israel 8000,000 (2 Sam. 24:9); 1,1000,000 (1 Chron. 21:5) men that drew the sword and there were 500,000 (2 Sam. 24:9), 470,000 (1 Chron. 21:5) men that drew the sword in Judah;

2. Lot was Abraham's nephew (Gen. 14:12), brother (Gen. 14:14);

3.Ahaziah was 22 (2 Kings 8:26), 42 (2 Chron. 22:2) years old when he began to reign;

4. Jehoiachin was 18 (2 Kings 24:8), 8 (2 Chron. 36:9) years old when he began to reign and he reigned 3 months (2 Kings 24:8), 3 months and 10 days (2 Chron. 36:9);

5. There were 550 (1 Kings 9:23), 250 (2 Chron. 8:10) chiefs of the officers that bare the rule over the people;

6. Saul's daughter, Michal, had no sons (2 Sam. 6:23), had 5 sons (2 Sam. 21:6) during her lifetime;

7. Joseph was sold into Egypt by Midianites (Gen. 37:36), by Ishmaelites (Gen. 39:1);

8. Saul was killed by his own hands (1 Sam. 31:4), by a young Amalekite (2 Sam. 1:10), by the Philistines (2 Sam. 21:12);

9. Solomon made of a molten sea which contained 2,000 (1 Kings 7:26), 3,000 (2 Chron. 4:5) baths;

10. The workers on the Temple had 3,300 (1 Kings 5:16), 3,600 (2 Chron. 2:18) overseers;

11. The earth does (Eccle. 1:4), does not (2 Peter 3:10) abideth forever;

12. If Jesus bears witness of himself his witness is true (John 8:14), is not true (John 5:31);

13. Josiah died at Megiddo (2 Kings 23:29-30), at Jerusalem (2 Chron. 35:24);

14. Jesus led Peter, James, and John up a high mountain after six (Matt. 17:1, Mark 9:2), eight (Luke 9:28) days;

15. Nebuzaradan came unto Jerusalem on the seventh (2 Kings 25:8), tenth (Jer. 52:12) day of the fifth month.

16. .David took seven hundred (2 Sam. 8:4), seven thousand (1 Chron. 18:4) horsemen from Hadadezer;

I've only posted 16 of them, I'll be sure to post alot more tomorrow.

O, and this website has loads of contradictions; it provided me with a few I didn't have.
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

kal-el said:
:rofl

That's funny. I've found that most of their problems lye with a faulty translation, so here is what I'll do, pick any 3 from the TNK only as I don't accept NT cannon from their website or from your vast amount of knowledge, and I'll at least put them into perspective if you're interested.

I'd do them all, but I think it's a waste of my time. So pick any 3 and let me know what they are.

Kal-El, what exactly is the point of this thread? Do you wish to debate these fallacies, or to create a complete list?

faulty translation

Support your claims. Translation is interpretation. One can not simply state that a translation is faulty because it does not correspond one's versions.

Kal-El, perhaps it would be wise to consult a website with multiple bible versions. I know at least one, but have lost the link, where there is a comparison between various versions, to see whether the fallacies continue to exist. I'm confident that there will be fallacies after that, and those should be the most interesting to discuss, I would think.

Mr U

kal-el said:
6. Saul's daughter, Michal, had no sons (2 Sam. 6:23), had 5 sons (2 Sam. 21:6) during her lifetime
This is one I remember off the top of my head.

Merab bore the children but Michal raised them and they therefore were called after her name; for one who raises an orphan in his house is as if he had begotten them and he is called after his name.

HU-210 said:
Kal-El, what exactly is the point of this thread? Do you wish to debate these fallacies, or to create a complete list?

Support your claims. Translation is interpretation. One can not simply state that a translation is faulty because it does not correspond one's versions.

Kal-El, perhaps it would be wise to consult a website with multiple bible versions. I know at least one, but have lost the link, where there is a comparison between various versions, to see whether the fallacies continue to exist. I'm confident that there will be fallacies after that, and those should be the most interesting to discuss, I would think.

Mr U

As I said, pick 3 of your strongest points, and I'll address them.

Kal-el, we do not have the original manuscripts and there have been numerous copies made down through the centuries. I am sure there is numerous scribal errors in the later copies that we have. Still I think there is a lot of truth to found in the Biblical record.

I come from a LDS(Mormon) perspective and where we differ from other religions is that we believe God has spoken again in modern times and we have additional scriptures that goes over the major mistakes in the Biblical record and confirms the truths that still exist in the record. Think about this, if the Biblical record is what it claims and later scribes who are not inspired, some who are corrupt and some who are just careless, alter the record, the best solution for God is to reveal more of His word to the human family to sort all of this mess out. This is what we believe happened when the young Joseph Smith prayed to find out which church was true in 1820.

I noticed on the thread "god" you mention many areas that seem problematic to you in the Biblical text. The perspective given from the additional modern scriptures shed much light on these. For instance the Flood that killed so many people. How can such an event be considered just? What if the spirit in each of us, the intelligence and light, existed before our mortal birth here and is the offspring of God. What if each of us made covenants to use our free agency here on the earth to live righteous lives and to follow God. What if society becomes so violent and corrupt on earth that the premortal spirits that have yet to be born will not be brought up in a wholesome environment conducive to learning the ways to return to God and so will not have a fair chance in passing the test of this life, a life that is a gift from God.

The Creation account is another area that you make fun of. I think you do not understand the purpose of this acount. It is not to teach how the earth was created in scientific detail but it is an account given to a shepherd that contains great spiritual truths pertaining to returning to God. Oh, I know, it states the earth was created in six days and that is just plain silly, of course. But this is not what the text actually states, the Hebrew word translated as day can mean a period of time of any duration. So the six periods could be several millions of years. Oh, I know, but it states Eve was created from Adam's rib, what primitives. Soory again, this is probably not meant to be taken literally, is a literary imagery to teach that the woman is equal to the man and is a help meet for the man. Oh, but the flood, any geologist will tell you that a global flood is impossible and so we must reject this silly primitive book. I am not knowledgabel enough to know if this is possible or not but another scenario is that the flood was a limited one, maybe covered a few hundred square kilometers. The language used in the Flood account such as "covering the whole earth" is commonly used figuratively to indicate a significant extent without requiring a literal reading. There are other examples in the Biblical record where such language is used where it is obvious meant to be interpreted this way.

The Bible is considered the cornerstone of Christanity by many scholars, that being that since there is no extra-biblical evidence or historical account of Jesus, no empirical evidence for God or Moses, or the like, all Christians really have to know ANYTHING about their religion is the Bible.:2razz:

The bulk of their fiath depends not on Jesus, but on the words within the book. Everything depends on the Bible´s validity - which is probably why so many Christians and Bible thumper's will cling to it for dear life.

But the question of how a holy book such as the Bible, with so many holes and errors, lies, fallacies and contradictions, can remain so popular among sometimes intelligent people can only be answered by ignorance. For a Christian will not be told by his preacher that his faith's holy book is erroneous, and as standard policy, most Christians care little about the Bible's content, as long as they can see it and know that the Bible exists, what is inside bores them horribly, and as it should.:lol:

The Bible is ancient and hard to read, and the repetative nature of the books inside are gruesome and only a very ambitious person can manage to sit down and read through the whole thing. It is because of this lack of interest in reading such a boring story that most people aside from thumpers, atheists (usually), and scholars know of the details of the Bible.

I'll continue with my compilation:

17. Is there only one God?
Yes
Dt 4:35
Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

6:4
Hear, O Israel, The LORD our God is one LORD:

32:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no God with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Isa 43:10-11
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
I, even I, am the LORD, and beside me there is no saviour.

44:8
Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have I not told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

45:5-7
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

46:9
Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.

Mk12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

Jn 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Cor 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

No
Gen 1:26
Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...

3:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil...

11:7
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Ex 12:12
For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgement: I am the LORD.

15:11
Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like unto thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

18:11
Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them.

22:28
Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people

Num 33:4
For the Egyptians buried all their firstborn, which the LORD had smitten among them: upon their gods also the LORD executed judgements.

1 Sam 6:5
Wherefore ye shall make images of your emerods, and images of your mice that mar the land; and ye shall give glory unto the God of Israel: peradventure he will lighten his hand from off you, and from off your gods, and from off your land.

28:13
And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.

Ps 82:1
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

I have said, Ye are gods; all of you are children of the most High.

96:4
For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.

97:7
Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols: worship him, all ye gods.

136:2
O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth forever.

Jer 10:11
Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

Zeph 2:11
The LORD will be terrible unto them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth; and men shall worship him, every one from his place, even all the isles of the heathen.

Jn 10:33-34
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods?

2 Cor 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the eyes of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

HU-210 said:

That's up in the air. I'll compile an extensive list,and if people wish to try and justify them, I'm down for a debate.

How can singular and plural be confused here? I don't see how anyone can take this as singular, and 1 god:

Genesis 11:17
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

It's right there in black and white. Even Stevie Wonder can see the difference! (via champs):lol:

I'd be interested in viewing a website that has different interpretations. When you find it, I'll be sure to check it out.

laska said:
Kal-el, we do not have the original manuscripts and there have been numerous copies made down through the centuries. I am sure there is numerous scribal errors in the later copies that we have. Still I think there is a lot of truth to found in the Biblical record.

You got that 3/4 right. I disagree with your last sentence. And if god is indeed all knowing, he would know that his "word" is going to get distorted, so he would have passed his word onto more capapble people, don't you think?

I noticed on the thread "god" you mention many areas that seem problematic to you in the Biblical text. The perspective given from the additional modern scriptures shed much light on these. For instance the Flood that killed so many people. How can such an event be considered just? What if the spirit in each of us, the intelligence and light, existed before our mortal birth here and is the offspring of God. What if each of us made covenants to use our free agency here on the earth to live righteous lives and to follow God. What if society becomes so violent and corrupt on earth that the premortal spirits that have yet to be born will not be brought up in a wholesome environment conducive to learning the ways to return to God and so will not have a fair chance in passing the test of this life, a life that is a gift from God.

Uhh, they don't seem problematic, they are clear distortions and contradictions. There you go, using "what if" postulations, well the Bible, according to scholars and Christians, is supposed to be "god's word", I don't think he leaves room for "what if" postulations.:lol:

The Creation account is another area that you make fun of. I think you do not understand the purpose of this acount. It is not to teach how the earth was created in scientific detail but it is an account given to a shepherd that contains great spiritual truths pertaining to returning to God. Oh, I know, it states the earth was created in six days and that is just plain silly, of course. But this is not what the text actually states, the Hebrew word translated as day can mean a period of time of any duration. So the six periods could be several millions of years. Oh, I know, but it states Eve was created from Adam's rib, what primitives. Soory again, this is probably not meant to be taken literally, is a literary imagery to teach that the woman is equal to the man and is a help meet for the man. Oh, but the flood, any geologist will tell you that a global flood is impossible and so we must reject this silly primitive book. I am not knowledgabel enough to know if this is possible or not but another scenario is that the flood was a limited one, maybe covered a few hundred square kilometers. The language used in the Flood account such as "covering the whole earth" is commonly used figuratively to indicate a significant extent without requiring a literal reading. There are other examples in the Biblical record where such language is used where it is obvious meant to be interpreted this way.

The Bible mentions nothing about that it's text should not be taken literally.

How can singular and plural be confused here? I don't see how anyone can take this as singular, and 1 god:

I was not addressing you, rather Binyamin.

Hmm.. Can't seem to find that page. I have, however, found this one, which might also be handy.

Biblegateway.com

You can search for a scripture, and select the version you want from a dropdown menu. Even when you have selected a scripture, so comparison should be relatively easy. I'll keep on looking though.

Mr U

kal-el said:
The Bible is considered the cornerstone of Christanity by many scholars, that being that since there is no extra-biblical evidence or historical account of Jesus, no empirical evidence for God or Moses, or the like, all Christians really have to know ANYTHING about their religion is the Bible.:2razz:

The bulk of their fiath depends not on Jesus, but on the words within the book. Everything depends on the Bible´s validity - which is probably why so many Christians and Bible thumper's will cling to it for dear life.

But the question of how a holy book such as the Bible, with so many holes and errors, lies, fallacies and contradictions, can remain so popular among sometimes intelligent people can only be answered by ignorance. For a Christian will not be told by his preacher that his faith's holy book is erroneous, and as standard policy, most Christians care little about the Bible's content, as long as they can see it and know that the Bible exists, what is inside bores them horribly, and as it should.:lol:

The Bible is ancient and hard to read, and the repetative nature of the books inside are gruesome and only a very ambitious person can manage to sit down and read through the whole thing. It is because of this lack of interest in reading such a boring story that most people aside from thumpers, atheists (usually), and scholars know of the details of the Bible.

I'll continue with my compilation:

17. Is there only one God?
Yes
Dt 4:35

6:4

32:39

Isa 43:10-11

44:8

45:5-7

46:9

Mk12:29

Jn 17:3

1 Cor 8:6

No
Gen 1:26

3:22

11:7

Ex 12:12

15:11

18:11

22:28

Num 33:4

1 Sam 6:5

28:13

Ps 82:1

96:4

97:7

136:2

Jer 10:11

Zeph 2:11

Jn 10:33-34

2 Cor 4:4

In my perspective none of these verses are contradictory. Some of the verses refer to the gods of the various cultures that surrounded the Israelites and were considered just superstitious and not real to the Hebrews. So stating that God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is greater than these gods does not mean it is validating the existence of other gods. The other verses are consistent in my theology were there is plural Gods but as a group they are one in heart, mind, and purpose. Also there is only one God who the human family should have allegiance to and that is God the Father.

laska said:
In my perspective none of these verses are contradictory.

Wow, you have a severly skewed sense of perspective then.:lol:

Some of the verses refer to the gods of the various cultures that surrounded the Israelites and were considered just superstitious and not real to the Hebrews. So stating that God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is greater than these gods does not mean it is validating the existence of other gods. The other verses are consistent in my theology were there is plural Gods but as a group they are one in heart, mind, and purpose. Also there is only one God who the human family should have allegiance to and that is God the Father.

So, why mention them at all? Remeber the first commandment carved into stone: You shall have no other gods before me- why the hell would he mention them? Isn't better to keep the people ignorant of other gods? If alls you were used to was watching Black and white television, and you found out that they made color tvs, it's only logical that you'd want to get a color one.

Here's some more:

. Is god all-powerful?
Yes
Jer 32:17
Ah LORD God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

Behold, I am the LORDthe God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?

Mt 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mk 10:27
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Lk 1:37
For with God nothing shall be impossible.

No
Jdg 1:19
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Mk 6:5
And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

Heb 6:18
That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

you pic out certain verses out of their contexts therfore making them what you want them to mean.
You are just so intent on finding everything wrong with the bible and teh christian belief...how about you try and find something right?
Seek and you shall find.
You keep pointing out all fallacies yet you never point out all the good parts, its fairly narrow minded to do that, therefore making an ignorant point.
I have been on here a while, and have heard all views from here to mars about the non exsistence of God and how evil he is and how he cant be real etc...
Even after my faith shaken, i turned to GOD and he set me back on the right path, helped me not let the devil sway the truth i know is right, a path where you are far away from.:shrug: The devil has blinded you, and clearly you don't want to see the light, so therefore continue to live in ignorance. Have a nice day:mrgreen:

HU-210 said:
I was not addressing you, rather Binyamin.

Hmm.. Can't seem to find that page. I have, however, found this one, which might also be handy.

Biblegateway.com

You can search for a scripture, and select the version you want from a dropdown menu. Even when you have selected a scripture, so comparison should be relatively easy. I'll keep on looking though.

Mr U

Just had to say something about your sig. As someone with some knowledge of Arabic those letters are supposed to be connected except for the alif. Sorry but that was just bugging me.:lol:

كافر

Last edited:
teenonfire4him77 said:
you pic out certain verses out of their contexts therfore making them what you want them to mean.

How did I take any verses out of their context? If you say they mean something different, who's to say you're not doing the exact same thing?

You are just so intent on finding everything wrong with the bible and teh christian belief...how about you try and find something right?
Seek and you shall find.

I really don't have much of a problem with any beleif, persae, just the Bible. Why don't you point out something right, Bible-thumper, and I'll post 3 contradictions for every right thing you find. Good luck.:2razz:

You keep pointing out all fallacies yet you never point out all the good parts, its fairly narrow minded to do that, therefore making an ignorant point.
I have been on here a while, and have heard all views from here to mars about the non exsistence of God and how evil he is and how he cant be real etc...

Like I said, quote some "good parts", I'll do you guys the favor of actually reading them, but I'll post at least 3 contradictions to every good part.

Even after my faith shaken, i turned to GOD and he set me back on the right path, helped me not let the devil sway the truth i know is right, a path where you are far away from. The devil has blinded you, and clearly you don't want to see the light, so therefore continue to live in ignorance. Have a nice day:mrgreen:

Nice diatribe there, so poetic. Sounds like a good bedtime story.:lol: If god is responsible for all the good, then he must be responsible for the bad. If god created everything, then he created "the devil" also. Have a nice day.:smile:

teenonfire4him77 said:
Seek and you shall find.
Even after my faith shaken, i turned to GOD and he set me back on the right path, helped me not let the devil sway the truth i know is right, a path where you are far away from.:shrug: The devil has blinded you, and clearly you don't want to see the light, so therefore continue to live in ignorance. Have a nice day:mrgreen:

In the end it is revelation just like so many other religions. None have facts to back them up but must instead be taken on faith therefore all are built on hollow ground. None is any more true than the other. So you feel you're right because you know in your heart it is true? Well good enough. Just be aware it works for Muslims and Jews and people of countless religions and sects. If you actually take a serious look at religions around the world and get out of your Christian bubble world you will find it harder to so easily say others are going to hell for having the "wrong" faith. A Muslim could just as easily and with as much conviction or more claim that it is you that has in fact been blinded by the devil. I just can't understand how people can ignore such things.

Columbusite said:
In the end it is revelation just like so many other religions. None have facts to back them up but must instead be taken on faith therefore all are built on hollow ground. None is any more true than the other. So you feel you're right because you know in your heart it is true? Well good enough. Just be aware it works for Muslims and Jews and people of countless religions and sects. If you actually take a serious look at religions around the world and get out of your Christian bubble world you will find it harder to so easily say others are going to hell for having the "wrong" faith. A Muslim could just as easily and with as much conviction or more claim that it is you that has in fact been blinded by the devil. I just can't understand how people can ignore such things.
I am quite knowledgable of other world religions and their beliefs, iv studied them in school and in my own time.
Infact i never grew up Christian...sure we went to church every once in a while, and said prayers before meals, but other then that God had no meaning to me whatsoever, and i actualyl believed at one point in time he did not exsist.
So don't act as if i don't know, cause ive been where you are.

teenonfire4him77 said:
I am quite knowledgable of other world religions and their beliefs, iv studied them in school and in my own time.
Infact i never grew up Christian...sure we went to church every once in a while, and said prayers before meals, but other then that God had no meaning to me whatsoever, and i actualyl believed at one point in time he did not exsist.
So don't act as if i don't know, cause ive been where you are.

What exactly does "quite knowledgeable" mean and you KNOW Christianity is true while all other faiths are false because...

kal-el said:
I've decided to post a few of the contradictions I have found in the Bible. Keep in mind the following examples are only a fraction of those that could be mentioned (the Bible is full of them):

1. There were in Israel 8000,000 (2 Sam. 24:9); 1,1000,000 (1 Chron. 21:5) men that drew the sword and there were 500,000 (2 Sam. 24:9), 470,000 (1 Chron. 21:5) men that drew the sword in Judah;

2. Lot was Abraham's nephew (Gen. 14:12), brother (Gen. 14:14);

3.Ahaziah was 22 (2 Kings 8:26), 42 (2 Chron. 22:2) years old when he began to reign;

4. Jehoiachin was 18 (2 Kings 24:8), 8 (2 Chron. 36:9) years old when he began to reign and he reigned 3 months (2 Kings 24:8), 3 months and 10 days (2 Chron. 36:9);

5. There were 550 (1 Kings 9:23), 250 (2 Chron. 8:10) chiefs of the officers that bare the rule over the people;

6. Saul's daughter, Michal, had no sons (2 Sam. 6:23), had 5 sons (2 Sam. 21:6) during her lifetime;

7. Joseph was sold into Egypt by Midianites (Gen. 37:36), by Ishmaelites (Gen. 39:1);

8. Saul was killed by his own hands (1 Sam. 31:4), by a young Amalekite (2 Sam. 1:10), by the Philistines (2 Sam. 21:12);

9. Solomon made of a molten sea which contained 2,000 (1 Kings 7:26), 3,000 (2 Chron. 4:5) baths;

10. The workers on the Temple had 3,300 (1 Kings 5:16), 3,600 (2 Chron. 2:18) overseers;

11. The earth does (Eccle. 1:4), does not (2 Peter 3:10) abideth forever;

12. If Jesus bears witness of himself his witness is true (John 8:14), is not true (John 5:31);

13. Josiah died at Megiddo (2 Kings 23:29-30), at Jerusalem (2 Chron. 35:24);

14. Jesus led Peter, James, and John up a high mountain after six (Matt. 17:1, Mark 9:2), eight (Luke 9:28) days;

15. Nebuzaradan came unto Jerusalem on the seventh (2 Kings 25:8), tenth (Jer. 52:12) day of the fifth month.

16. .David took seven hundred (2 Sam. 8:4), seven thousand (1 Chron. 18:4) horsemen from Hadadezer;

I've only posted 16 of them, I'll be sure to post alot more tomorrow.

O, and this website has loads of contradictions; it provided me with a few I didn't have.
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Why are you doing this? What are you trying to prove? Don't you have anything better to do?

Donkey1499 said:
Why are you doing this? What are you trying to prove? Don't you have anything better to do?

Well since you put your 2 cents worth in this thread, not really, It's just that I relish pointing out discrepencies in the "holy book".

kal-el said:
Well since you put your 2 cents worth in this thread, not really, It's just that I relish pointing out discrepencies in the "holy book".

Why, do you get some kind of chubbiness out of it? Pointing out "contradictions" aren't gonna make people stop believeing in God. So really, your attempts are futile! But, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Columbusite said:
What exactly does "quite knowledgeable" mean and you KNOW Christianity is true while all other faiths are false because...
as ive said ive studied them in and out of class.
and I know because i have experienced the peaceful presence of the Most high and thats all i needed to decide that this is true.
You will say that the other religions will say teh same thing, but:

2nd Thess 2:9-10= This evil man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. He will use every kind of wicked deception to fool those who are on their way to destruction because they refuse to believe the truth that would save them

2 Corinthians 4:4= Satan, the god of this evil world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe, so they are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News that is shining upon them. They don't understand the message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Satan decieves.

teenonfire4him77 said:
as ive said ive studied them in and out of class.
and I know because i have experienced the peaceful presence of the Most high and thats all i needed to decide that this is true.
You will say that the other religions will say teh same thing, but:

2nd Thess 2:9-10= This evil man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. He will use every kind of wicked deception to fool those who are on their way to destruction because they refuse to believe the truth that would save them

2 Corinthians 4:4= Satan, the god of this evil world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe, so they are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News that is shining upon them. They don't understand the message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Satan decieves.

And that presence was the God of Christianity and not any other religion why? Is it because you went to Christianity and not another religion? I can quote scripture too:

Sura 40:10 Lo! (on that day) those who disbelieve are informed by proclamation: Verily Allah's abhorrence is more terrible than your abhorrence one of another, when ye were called unto the faith but did refuse.

Sura 3:85 And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

Sura 4:60 Hast thou not seen those who pretend that they believe in that which is revealed unto thee and that which was revealed before thee, how they would go for judgment (in their disputes) to false deities when they have been ordered to abjure them ? Satan would mislead them far astray.

Sura 47:25 Lo! those who turn back after the guidance hath been manifested unto them, Satan hath seduced them, and He giveth them the rein.

Sura 47:32 Lo! those who disbelieve and turn from the way of Allah and oppose the messenger after the guidance hath been manifested unto them, they hurt Allah not a jot, and He will make their actions fruitless.

So in the end you have no proof.

Any who. The Bible is just a guide and was only meant to be used as a guide. You don't get to God thru the Bible, but only through FAITH in Jesus Christ. The faith is more important than the law, but the law should still be upheld (Saint Paul said something similar in Romans).

Donkey1499 said:
Any who. The Bible is just a guide and was only meant to be used as a guide. You don't get to God thru the Bible, but only through FAITH in Jesus Christ. The faith is more important than the law, but the law should still be upheld (Saint Paul said something similar in Romans).

You mean OT law?

Back
Top Bottom