• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biased news?

Roadkill88

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
There is no such thing as unbiased news. When you get around to admitting this fact. Then you can see through the BS.

It takes some patience and research to truly find out what the hell is going on. I'm guilty sometimes of jumping on a Media-fact that aligns with
my inner feelings. When I'm proven wrong though, I take it in stride. It's like watching Jeopardy! That TV show will "Put you in your place" :)
On certain days ..when I watch it, it's brutal. I think, Damn, I don't know shit! ( on the average..I get about 30 percent right but still feel like I'm wanting.. :)

There is no such thing as unbiased news. When you get around to admitting this fact. Then you can see through the BS.
Don't compare the good reporting of my CNN and network news to the bias of Fox News for the Trump/Putin/Republican Satan.

True - and one must keep in mind that the vast majority of media bias is accomplished simply by omission. Perhaps, the NYT says it best with their slogan: All the news that’s fit to print.

Man...you deep.

id agree but there is still different levels of news
AP news verse FOX, MSNBC are not the same
AP news verse Newsmax, OAN and Slate even more so

It takes some patience and research to truly find out what the hell is going on. I'm guilty sometimes of jumping on a Media-fact that aligns with
my inner feelings. When I'm proven wrong though, I take it in stride. It's like watching Jeopardy! That TV show will "Put you in your place" :)
On certain days ..when I watch it, it's brutal. I think, Damn, I don't know shit! ( on the average..I get about 30 percent right but still feel like I'm wanting.. :)
I tested as a contestant for Jeopardy many, many years ago.
I was in a room with about 60 other hopefuls. Round one of the screening process was a written exam. It consisted of 50 trivia questions and all we had to do was write the answers . . . in 13 minutes.

Well, I read through all the questions first, answering the 15 or so of which I knew the answer. Then I guessed at about 20-25 more. The rest I didn't even understand what the question was asking. Needless to say, I was eliminated quickly, as were all but 6 others. Those 6 went on to round two of four, but I didn't get to see how they fared. That test asked questions that were far more difficult than anything you see on the TV show. It was a very humbling experience.

I tested as a contestant for Jeopardy many, many years ago.
I was in a room with about 60 other hopefuls. Round one of the screening process was a written exam. It consisted of 50 trivia questions and all we had to do was write the answers . . . in 13 minutes.

Well, I read through all the questions first, answering the 15 or so of which I knew the answer. Then I guessed at about 20-25 more. The rest I didn't even understand what the question was asking. Needless to say, I was eliminated quickly, as were all but 6 others. Those 6 went on to round two of four, but I didn't get to see how they fared. That test asked questions that were far more difficult than anything you see on the TV show. It was a very humbling experience.
Cool experience! "That test asked questions that were far more difficult than anything you see on the TV show." Wow..didn't know that.
Either it's me or them, but some days the questions are fairly answerable and the next day it's stuff like:
"In the year 1027, Sir Edinton was married to the Dutchess of Salsberry. Her 3rd son, named Borum, was partially crippled by a large bear". ..
"Borum also had 2 dogs, one named sparkett...what was the name of the other dog." Geez.. I'd probably say Rover! :)

Cool experience! "That test asked questions that were far more difficult than anything you see on the TV show." Wow..didn't know that.
Either it's me or them, but some days the questions are fairly answerable and the next day it's stuff like:
"In the year 1027, Sir Edinton was married to the Dutchess of Salsberry. Her 3rd son, named Borum, was partially crippled by a large bear". ..
"Borum also had 2 dogs, one named sparkett...what was the name of the other dog."
Geez.. I'd probably say Rover! :)
What's even weirder is that one of the contestants will get the right answer!

True - and one must keep in mind that the vast majority of media bias is accomplished simply by omission. Perhaps, the NYT says it best with their slogan: All the news that’s fit to print.

The Village Voice's motto was "All the news that fits."

Back
Top Bottom