• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biased media and Biased people.

SNOWFLAKE

Crazy Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Hidden bias misleads and divides us. By making the political leanings of hundreds of media sources transparent, AllSides frees people from one-sided filter bubbles so they can better understand the world — and each other.

Knowing the political bias of media outlets allows you to consume a balanced news diet and avoid manipulation and fake news.

AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version4.jpg

We are the most comprehensive media bias resource on the internet. There are currently 3700+ media sources listed in our database and growing every day. Don’t be fooled by Fake News sources. Use the search feature above (Header) to check the bias of any source. Use name or URL.

Internet News, Fact-Checking, & Critical Thinking​

FOR YEARS we have been hearing about the corrupt MSM, but still get the same complainers posting from Rightwing media sites. Ironic? Hypocritical?
Loony?

We all know why this happens, people prefer their bubbles, it gives them a sense of comfort to have their biases confirmed. NO ONE will admit it, but that is the real reason certain folks lament the MSM but post from sources that give them the thrill they are seeking.

BUT what does it say about a person who does this kind of thing? Does it make them appear more intelligent, more informed? Or does it say something else about them?

Hidden bias misleads and divides us. By making the political leanings of hundreds of media sources transparent, AllSides frees people from one-sided filter bubbles so they can better understand the world — and each other.

Knowing the political bias of media outlets allows you to consume a balanced news diet and avoid manipulation and fake news.

View attachment 67329270

We are the most comprehensive media bias resource on the internet. There are currently 3700+ media sources listed in our database and growing every day. Don’t be fooled by Fake News sources. Use the search feature above (Header) to check the bias of any source. Use name or URL.

FOR YEARS we have been hearing about the corrupt MSM, but still get the same complainers posting from Rightwing media sites. Ironic? Hypocritical?
Loony?

We all know why this happens, people prefer their bubbles, it gives them a sense of comfort to have their biases confirmed. NO ONE will admit it, but that is the real reason certain folks lament the MSM but post from sources that give them the thrill they are seeking.

BUT what does it say about a person who does this kind of thing? Does it make them appear more intelligent, more informed? Or does it say something else about them?

That chart is by far, the most accurate media bias chart I've ever seen.

View attachment 67329270

Loony?

I don't need a website to tell me who has what bias.

These people think because they use their media sources to tell them who's biased that everyone does it's called being myopic.

Possibly lacking self-awareness.
And what sources do YOU use?

On what subject?
omg, any subject?
what is your source for climate change info?
or how about your opinions on Biden?
or what source do you use to dispute the election results?
what makes you believe what you believe on any topic?

and don't say NO source. you don't live in a bubble. either your source is other people who think as you do, or your church, or your online community (and then where do they get their ideas and info)

omg, any subject?
I don't have one for all subjects I don't just have one for single subjects.
what is your source for climate change info?
well that's a pretty broad subject, first of thousands of studies several professors of related material history many things.

Do you only have one source for something like that?
or how about your opinions on Biden?
well that one is easy Joe Biden.
or what source do you use to dispute the election results?
thousands. Do you just use one, is it the same as everything else?
what makes you believe what you believe on any topic?
facts evidence in truth but that's not a source question so
and don't say NO source. you don't live in a bubble. either your source is other people who think as you do, or your church, or your online community (and then where do they get their ideas and info)
no I would never say no source that I have on any given subject dozens hundreds even thousands of sources.

Just because you seek affirmation among your peers Rather than truth doesn't mean that's what everyone else does.

well that's a pretty broad subject, first of thousands of studies several professors of related material history many things.

no I would never say no source that I have on any given subject dozens hundreds even thousands of sources.

Just because you seek affirmation among your peers and doesn't mean that's what everyone else does.
Still didn't mention even ONE of your "many" sources, and actually, no need to, it isn't hard to guess.
I will gladly name my sources: international press particularly BBC, CBC, NPR, Reuters, Christian Science, also any scientific or medical journals, as well as National Geographic and history books (real history books, not fictionalized history books), or reading history online from History.com as well as published works from major universities and peer reviewed studies.

Your next move: ridicule my sources, but still not name yours. Go for it.

Just because you seek affirmation among your peers Rather than truth doesn't mean that's what everyone else does.
You claim you use "thousands" of sources and can't be bothered to disclose even one. Why is that?

You claim you use "thousands" of sources and can't be bothered to disclose even one. Why is that?
my guess, embarrassment, since sources from Facebook friends, Conspiracy websites, sources such as American Thinker ( now there is an oxymoron ) would embarrass me as well.

yeah I did my source on Joe Biden is Joe Biden.

You just didn't pay attention

Do you have a live feed of Joe Biden? Do you talk to Joe Biden regularly? Do you live next to Joe Biden? Are you a close relative of Joe Biden? If not, then Joe Biden cannot be your source of Joe Biden.

Thousands of sources? Do you even know what is meant by a source, in the context of this thread?

Your graph is too one dimensional; just a line from left to right. It needs another axis to account for frivolity.

I don't feel I have to explain myself. If you take issue I can live with that.
Of course you don't have to explain yourself. That's fortunate, because you cannot back up your claim that you have "thousands" of sources. Everybody knows it.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." author unknown

I don't feel I have to explain myself. If you take issue I can live with that

You already did explain yourself by making empty claims. Your claims mean nothing and are officially dismissed. You have no sources of news and can't prove otherwise. I'll put you down as zero sources, officially.

You already did explain yourself by making empty claims. Your claims mean nothing and are officially dismissed. You have no sources of news and can't prove otherwise. I'll put you down as zero sources, officially.
You're obsession with me is getting a little sad.

Back
Top Bottom