• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bias King, Rush Limbaugh Update

I used to listen to it regularly in the 90's when I was a republican... Not sure what that has to do with his cancer cause though.... Who is more likely to contract lung cancer a smoker or non-smoker?

It is my opinion that the smoker is more likely. That was one of my major concerns in the late 1980s when I gave it up.

Rush was too arrogant to quit. You apparently were not. Be grateful

Smokers are not arrogant as to cancer. They live thinking it will not hit them. I wonder if Rush is a booze drinker?

Not everyone who smokes gets cancer, it increases your risk. That doesn't mean they don't cause cancer, just because you did not get it. My entire paternal family, except me, has diabetes...I am at an increased risk of diabetes as a result....that doesn't make diabetes a lie, because I did not get it.

You are 30 times more likely to get it than a non smoker...although your risk has decreased some since you stopped smoking over 30 years ago.

When I quit, I had read an article in the paper about stopping smoking. It said that after X years, your risk is no higher than had you not smoked. I do not recall the precise number of years but I passed that milestone a long time ago. I see a doctor enough to know they do not think I have lung cancer. What concerns them is the stool test. I believe I will have a colonoscopy in November. Then again my blood work tests did improve.

Let me understand. Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon attack Trump every day and they are wonderful people that are to be defended to the end.

Rush is not a Democrat and for that he gets to be sent to hell.

Amazing stuff.

When reading the OP it is loaded with hate.
rush is loaded with hate

It has been so many years since I heard him talking I was shocked today to hear this news and wish him good health and so forth. I did not part company with the man. if we talked of Don Lemon and Rachel Maddow as they talk about Limbaugh, Democrats would come out very angry.
I wish cancer could be passed from lips to anus.
1603210183866.png

He does not sing the praises for the Democrats so they hate him and transfer their hate to him. Rush reasons with everybody.
Ask the woman he called a slut for advocating the use of birth control to regulate her cycle. Not much “reason” shown there.

Somebody hates Rush. Give me any example of him being hateful?
As noted, his attacks on a woman who advocated that birth control be made available in medical insurance. A reason she gave was to regulate a woman’s cycle, the same reason my ex took the pill before she was sexually active. Rush said the woman was a slut, amazed that she could walk since she was having so much sex. He also attacked scientists for suggesting that water on Mars might have come from melting polar icecaps, proof to him they were advancing a global warming agenda - on another planet. If Rush had come out and actually debated anyone, he would have some credibility. He has an excellent delivery, and that’s about it.

As noted, his attacks on a woman who advocated that birth control be made available in medical insurance. A reason she gave was to regulate a woman’s cycle, the same reason my ex took the pill before she was sexually active. Rush said the woman was a slut, amazed that she could walk since she was having so much sex. He also attacked scientists for suggesting that water on Mars might have come from melting polar icecaps, proof to him they were advancing a global warming agenda - on another planet. If Rush had come out and actually debated anyone, he would have some credibility. He has an excellent delivery, and that’s about it.

Will you give us all the dignity of using his actual quote and in context? Normally in the course of a career, many things get said and if one judges others by one comment, Biden is in serious trouble since he has a plethora of such comments.

Mars has never been visited by scientists where they know all the facts. Rovers have done a lot of good. But that planet is not tiny compared to the small size of Rovers.

True Rush fans listen to him all the time. I used to hear him on rare occasions but I am not that fascinated by his program.

Why is it that Rachel Maddow is never criticized by Democrats?

Now to fact check what you said above. Completely confirmed.

Rush Limbaugh Apologizes for Calling Sandra Fluke a 'Slut'

Well that is a lousy way for any radio host to treat any human. Rush gets a fail for doing it in the first place.

This happened 8 years or more back.

March 3, 2012— -- Rush Limbaugh issued an apology today to the Georgetown law student he branded a "slut" in three days of attacks, after she argued to Congress that the expense for her birth control should be covered by her employer's health care plan.

He said he "did not mean a personal attack" on Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown student.

"My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."

Ask the woman he called a slut for advocating the use of birth control to regulate her cycle. Not much “reason” shown there.

While I do not know the entire story given it happened over a 3 day time span, clearly Rush owed her an apology and did give it to her.

No host on public media should talk to or about a caller that way. I am pleased Rush did apologize to her.

Compassion and justice are different things. Rush appears to be concerned about neither.

Don't you suppose that since 2012, after Rush issued the woman student an apology, he has matured?

Give us recent examples where he has attacked women as he attacked that woman.

Looked it up. Fluke has/had an exemplary record on protection of women from domestic violence and trafficking. She was asked to testify at an otherwise all male panel. She did not mention her sexuality in her testimony, but did mention a friend with a polycystic ovary syndrome, presumably something contraception would help with. Limbaugh attacked her 21 times on the air and his website over days. . Said she wanted to be paid to have sex, was having so much sex she was going broke buying contraceptives. His apology was nice, but pretty weak tea. He made a few million less that year, and she probably has to deal with people saying, “Aren’t you the slut?”

I will soon get a Colonoscopy due to things found in my blood tests. So why do you wish humans ill will?
Hey, you right wingers said trump was doing his job, when he got covid, FOR YOU AND ME. That was his sacrifice. I was just giving him more patriotism potential. He served his coutry during Viet Nam, by risking STDs.

I don't want anyone to die of cancer.

That said, he did a lot of damage to the country, and he didn't do it for ideology, he did it for money.
what damage? countering the bullshit the left wing media spews?

what damage? countering the bullshit the left wing media spews?
Facts always appear to have a liberal bias to Right Wingers. It's part of being in the victim class.

Facts always appear to have a liberal bias to Right Wingers. It's part of being in the victim class.
another stupid throwaway line. Your posts are filled with comments where you are happy others are stricken with cancer

another stupid throwaway line. Your posts are filled with comments where you are happy others are stricken with cancer
Previously Addressed
I never “wish” the big C on anyone. But, I certainly believe some deserve it more than others. And, I’m on record saying this guy deserves it more than most, especially now since he refuses to stop being a jerk and doubled down on being an asshole instead of making peace with the 80% of the country he belittled for 30 years.
We know you are in the 20% he doesn't belittle. I am too. But, I am someone who has empathy for the 80%. You've made it clear where you stand--you don't even want that 80% to have the right to vote. You are on record as being anti-Democracy.

Last edited:
So much damn irony in this thread!

Back
Top Bottom