• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beyond Ridiculous!

This is the punishment for playing with a BB gun.

How it would be worth more than a day, I have no idea.

Nonetheless, this is the absurd length to which the school is looking to take this:

This is what they think their jurisdiction is:

This is insanity on stilts.

I think that the school board may be paying out a fair bit by the time this is all over.....shame they will be paying with tax payers money vice their own....

Not from where I sit - should they have the authority to insist on suspension of students who aren't registered in their school? What if the child shooting wasn't one of their students? Do they just look away? No, they contact the authorities and have them deal with it and if the child is charged in some way then they could look at suspension as most every school does.

Clearly, we don't know all the issues with these children - they may be holy terrors at the school and this is just one other example and then they may be justified - but in isolation, I'm opposed to school staff trying to take the place of parents out of the school's range of authority.

No, all they have authority over is who rides the bus and who enters the school. If there is a student who is arrested for a violent crime, and thus poses a risk to other student, then duh, you don't let them in the school.

Sounds like a law enforcement issue to me. Either find a law he broke and prosecute him for it or leave it to the parents. This kind of over reach from the schollnis not acceptable. I'd be raising holy hell with the school administrators. Authority is granted, not taken, and the school does not have authority over what kids do off school property during non school hours. Parents who let the school assume this much authority are not doing their jobs as parents.

Back
Top Bottom