• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beware the dangers of watching Trump's SOTU address

Idiometer

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Many times, we political junkies and concerned, involved citizens not only watch the SOTU address, we often make it into a drinking game. Often, we choose a word that we think will dominate the speech, and chug our hooch of choice each time it is uttered. Sometimes, we chug every time the president tells a blatant lie.

This is my warning to all of my fellow forum participants: do NOT drink every time Trump lies. Alcohol poisoning is a real thing! It really can kill you!

:mrgreen:

Instead, I suggest we wolf it down every time he tells us something true. Or, if you're like me and really not much of a drinker, toast the man every time he gives someone else direct credit for an accomplishment. That way, we'll maybe have less fun, but we won't be sick in the morning.

Also, have plenty of popcorn on hand.

:popcorn2:

Oh, and BTW, you can continue this into Stacey Abrams' rebuttal ... maybe quaff every time she says "we the people".

I'm going to take a shot every time he says 'immigrant' and a bong hit every time he says 'wall'. Wish me luck guys.

I'm going to take a shot every time he says 'immigrant' and a bong hit every time he says 'wall'. Wish me luck guys.

[video]https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0f89392f-e709-488b-8963-22f7df451543[/video]

So, after the event ... how high are we? And, does anyone have any leftover popcorn?

:party

So, after the event ... how high are we? And, does anyone have any leftover popcorn?

:party

What event?

By 7 pm your time I was fully informed of what he would say, so logged off, put on some old time Dire Straits and sampled some new high grade 22.4% THC sativa out of the vaporizer and worked on a painting.

I have a very good life and make a point of not ruining it by never listening nor watching a news cast, or on line news and NEVER listen to a politician's speech, ever.

If approached by one at election time I say VERY LOUDLY "no English, no English!"

I am told I am very serene.

What event?

By 7 pm your time I was fully informed of what he would say, so logged off, put on some old time Dire Straits and sampled some new high grade 22.4% THC sativa out of the vaporizer and worked on a painting.

I have a very good life and make a point of not ruining it by never listening nor watching a news cast, or on line news and NEVER listen to a politician's speech, ever.

If approached by one at election time I say VERY LOUDLY "no English, no English!"

Sounds to me like politics don't interest you. Which begs the question: Why are you here, on this forum?

How was the next morning?

(I actually didn't watch it. I never do. SOTU is bull****).

What event?

Sounds far better than watching SOTU. I enjoyed a vape pen filled with full-spectrum oil from Skywalker OG while also not watching SOTU. I recommend it, err...both. Very relaxing stuff, and a new favorite.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like politics don't interest you. Which begs the question: Why are you here, on this forum?

Or he understands what is almost certainly predictable bull**** and what is not.

Seriously, dude. Trump has made dishonest statements close to 8,000 times thus far. What's the point in getting pissed off while listening to him tell more lies when one can simply read about the biggest whoppers later? Masochism?

Or he understands what is almost certainly predictable bull**** and what is not.

Seriously, dude. Trump has made dishonest statements close to 8,000 times thus far. What's the point in getting pissed off while listening to him tell more lies when one can simply read about the biggest whoppers later? Masochism?

The trick is to make a drinking game out of it.

Back
Top Bottom