• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Better error messages when posting pics or videos

aociswundumho

Capitalist Pig
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The only error message I've ever seen is "oops we've ran into some problems". It would be nice if it told you what the problem actually is so we would know what to do to fix it.

The only error message I've ever seen is "oops we've ran into some problems". It would be nice if it told you what the problem actually is so we would know what to do to fix it.

The most common problem is trying to post numerous images (such as cartoons) without the required interval between posts.

The most common problem is trying to post numerous images (such as cartoons) without the required interval between posts.

I think that error message does tell you to wait, something like "this forum requires you to wait x amount of seconds between posts" or something to that effect.

But I've had situations were I'm trying to post one small image and it just won't work, nor will it tell me what I'm doing wrong.

The website can only tell you what it knows. There are a lot of distinct steps behind the scenes to upload an image from your machine up to the forum and the webpage only has direct access to a limited part of that process. Plus, adding a wider range of more distinct error messages to cover relatively rare situations and which wouldn't necessarily help the end user any more anyway are unlikely to be a high development priority.

The last time it happened I tried both jpg and png and neither would work.

I got the oops message a few times a while back. I think what I did is post the thumbnail where it says insert full image or thumbnail. Maybe they were too big.

Back
Top Bottom