• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beto O'Rourke "refining" his positions

Is Abbot the Governor or dictator? Did he write law? or was that their state congress?
He is as innocent as an unborn in the matter, right?

He is as innocent as an unborn in the matter, right?
Do you think that Governor Abbott is defying the wishes of Texas citizens?

Do you think that Governor Abbott is defying the wishes of Texas citizens?
It is possible, now that the law is in effect, that voters realize how harsh it is. I am pro life, but I don't like it, at all.

It is possible, now that the law is in effect, that voters realize how harsh it is. I am pro life, but I don't like it, at all.
We will learn at the polls in November. The "will of the people" refers to Texas people.

We will learn at the polls in November. The "will of the people" refers to Texas people.
We can have an opinion though, right?

We can have an opinion though, right?
Well, of course! It's just that the opinions of citizens of other states aren't relevant to most Texans. That's all I'm saying.

Abortion law comes to mind.
Actually, it is extremist to demand baby murder on demand.

It is the butchers who hold the extreme position

A good way to tell the state of politics in a state is the positions taken by serious candidates for governor from minority parties. Case in point:

Of course, as one would expect, O'Rourke's supporters are saying that he is "refining" his positions, not flip-flopping.
Politicians adjust there view points.

It happens on all sides, look at Trump's view on Obama's BC

Politicians adjust there view points.

It happens on all sides, look at Trump's view on Obama's BC
The faux-Kennedyesque skateboarding schtick didn't work, and then Texans who had never heard of Beto, and basically nobody had until then unless from El Paso, learned about the attempted hit-and-run. No bueno.

The dirt-eating didn't help either. I mean, way to be a weirdo.

And then there was the "Hell, yeah, we're gonna take your AR-15's." I think Texas voters are going to remember this even if the state Republican party, as I expect, doesn't endlessly remind them on the lead-up to the election.

And then there was the "Hell, yeah, we're gonna take your AR-15's." I think Texas voters are going to remember this even if the state Republican party, as I expect, doesn't endlessly remind them on the lead-up to the election.

That ended him right there, IMO.

Maybe for you. Not for everyone. But you don't want to see that.

I'm always curious.

Why are rules that allow anyone to vote fairly and freely somehow limiting for some and not for others?

I'm always curious.

Why are rules that allow anyone to vote fairly and freely somehow limiting for some and not for others?
Because any controls instituted to prevent voter fraud necessarily creates hoops that voters have to jump through to vote, and Democrats are afraid that those hoops will either prevent unenthused voters from voting or disproportionately invalidate their supporters’ votes (mail-in ballots, primarily). Apparently they could care less about preventing small-time fraud in local elections where it can do the most damage.

idiots like Beta O'Dorke prove daily why the second amendment was such an important amendment
Totally beta and propped up by his daddy-in-law's ambitions and money.

Totally beta and propped up by his daddy-in-law's ambitions and money.
I am not as well educated on his family as you are-who is his father in law-I infer he's $$$$$

idiots like Beta O'Dorke prove daily why the second amendment was such an important amendment
Together with the gop’s libertaryan nullification 10th amendment, the bastardized 2nd has caused death, destruction and civil war since our beginning.

Together with the gop’s libertaryan nullification 10th amendment, the bastardized 2nd has caused death, destruction and civil war since our beginning.
that's psychobabble. what is your pure-bred version of the 2A? only the government can have guns or is it just democrats?

I am not as well educated on his family as you are-who is his father in law-I infer he's $$$$$
TurtleDude and nota bene discussing the family of a candidate and their $$$$$. Say it ain’t so. What a cute couple.

Back
Top Bottom