• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beto O'Rourke "refining" his positions

Lets be honest; he went full retard on gun control and only changes his stance when he got his ass kicked.
He will play this part until ( if) elected then go full gun control again.
He's decided that he's against teaching Critical Race Theory, I'm assuming in the hope of attracting votes.

He's decided that he's against teaching Critical Race Theory, I'm assuming in the hope of attracting votes.
Until he gets voted in...then he shows his true self.

Until he gets voted in...then he shows his true self.
Whatever that is--the "Kennedyesque" skateboarder? The dirt-eater? The drunk who tried to flee the scene of the accident? Or perhaps some new "authentic" persona?

Reactions: Bum
A good way to tell the state of politics in a state is the positions taken by serious candidates for governor from minority parties. Case in point:

Of course, as one would expect, O'Rourke's supporters are saying that he is "refining" his positions, not flip-flopping.
Which just shows among other things that democrats are shameless liars, it was like years ago when abortion Barbie ran for Governor and claimed she’d support the open carry in Texas at the time, than admitted she lied about it after losing the election.

A good way to tell the state of politics in a state is the positions taken by serious candidates for governor from minority parties. Case in point:

Of course, as one would expect, O'Rourke's supporters are saying that he is "refining" his positions, not flip-flopping.
I get the need for the MAGA crowd to rant, however refining your position beats the MAGA crowd which is going rude and crude- much to the delight of the rabid right useful idiots. Flip-flopping would be demanding an end the NFA, or allow no permit concealed carry... ✌️

He is very popular (wining the primary with over 90% of the vote) among Texas demorats.

Good point.

I suppose being a failed politician is as good a job as any other. Seems to serve his needs and fit his goals. I wish him well in his continuing failures.

His pretending just got him over 90% of the demorat primary vote for governor of Texas.

I wonder how that will translate to General Election votes.

In one of the most voter suppressed states in the country, Beto doesn't stand a chance.

If Texas elections were free and fair, he might win. But they're not.

I cant believe anyone would vote for that idiot. He eats dirt and his positions changes every few months.
Well, eating dirt aside, how does the other make him different from any other politician?

Well, eating dirt aside, how does the other make him different from any other politician?

The number of times he changes his positions and seeks different elective offices is notable - even among politicians.

In one of the most voter suppressed states in the country, Beto doesn't stand a chance.

If Texas elections were free and fair, he might win. But they're not.
Ive been voted in every Texas election for more than 40 years and it is and has always been free and fair

Ive been voted in every Texas election for more than 40 years and it is and has always been free and fair

For some reason, the qualities of an election showing that is both free and fair are the qualities that idiots see as being not free and fair.

They seem to feel that if affirmative action is not employed to suppress some votes and multiply others, that free and fair is THE mark of racist procedures.

Maybe for you. Not for everyone. But you don't want to see that.

In fairness, Beta has a chance to win Texas. there is a growing number of idiot leftists seeping into Texas, and a growing number of homegrown idiot leftists that are stupid enough to believe anything he says. But it will be hard for him to be able to back away from his statements regarding firearms. Frankly...he should have just stuck to his initial rhetoric.
Otoh, Abbott is an extremist who might have to endure some backlash.

It might be worth looking at the actual number of votes received in the primary election.
Texas Primary votes for Governor
It looks like 1.062 millions Democrats vs 1.846 million Republicans.
He could still win, but Abbot has a lot of support.

Primary_votes.png

I've never experienced any problem at all, not even hanging chads. ;)

Full disclosure: I choose to vote in person.

I've never experienced any problem at all, not even hanging chads. ;)

Full disclosure: I choose to vote in person.
Me too....and I've never had a problem voting or witnessed anyone else having a problem voting. ....of any ethnicity or political persuasion.

Me too....and I've never had a problem voting or witnessed anyone else having a problem voting. ....of any ethnicity or political persuasion.
Nope. What has been exciting to me as someone who was once very active in local politics and who is painfully aware of how few people vote in non-Presidential years is how much more participation there has been since the 2016. I was so accustomed to being the only voter or one of two or three, but when I pulled into the parking lot to vote in 2016, I couldn't find a space for awhile, and there were LINES. One strange middle-aged man even kept turning to everybody who came in to say, "I've never voted before! This is my very first time!"

Otoh, Abbott is an extremist who might have to endure some backlash.
How is enforcing our nations law labelled "extremist"?

I don't think Governor Abbott is an extremist.
I think the only people that see him as an extremist are people that take the extreme position that our nations laws should NOT be followed and we should have open borders, regardless of the fact that we cant take care of our own homeless populations.

I think the only people that see him as an extremist are people that take the extreme position that our nations laws should NOT be followed and we should have open borders, regardless of the fact that we cant take care of our own homeless populations.
The people of Texas will speak with their votes in November, and their opinions are what count.

Back
Top Bottom