• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beto O'Rourke President 2020

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
preliminary signs are that Beto is running for the white house in 2020
he and his crew recently met with Obama and his staff
thought this thread might capture his efforts until the election
the following article describes how he was an in-fighter in 2012 in el paso. that was something i did not realize, believing he had a history of taking the high road
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/17/beto-orourke-2020-election-democratic-primary-1061889

so, even if Beto's presidential campaign has not officially launched yet, the BETO for President 2020 thread has commenced

the following article describes how he was an in-fighter in 2012 in el paso. that was something i did not realize, believing he had a history of taking the high road
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/17/beto-orourke-2020-election-democratic-primary-1061889

so, even if Beto's presidential campaign has not officially launched yet, the BETO for President 2020 thread has commenced

Beto is at the same level of popularity that Obama was in Iowa Democratic Poll circa 2006. Iowa Poll: First poll of likely caucusgoers finds Biden, Sanders, O'Rourke atop the field

If he comes up here to NH to spend a lot of time, and rent an office here, then yes, I'll know for sure he's running. They will all start setting up camps here in a month or so.

I'm not interested in White Obama for president. He was just fine as an opponent to Ted Cruz in Texas, but the man is too centrist for my tastes.

He probably stands a fair chance. Yeah, he lost to Cruz but it was a lot closer than people expected and it was in TEXAS. So he would probably do decently in a presidential general election.

Robert Francis is like a practical joke on the rest of the nation by El Paso. :lol:

He probably stands a fair chance. Yeah, he lost to Cruz but it was a lot closer than people expected and it was in TEXAS. So he would probably do decently in a presidential general election.

It was a lot closer then it should because it was Teddy. If it was anyone else, Beto would've been beaten in a landslide.

Just because that weird-looking puke may have wowed people for some reason, doesn't mean he'd hack it as Prez. WTF the poo poo is all about over him is beyond me.

It was a lot closer then it should because it was Teddy. If it was anyone else, Beto would've been beaten in a landslide.

Just because that weird-looking puke may have wowed people for some reason, doesn't mean he'd hack it as Prez. WTF the poo poo is all about over him is beyond me.

Cruz barely campaigned and was probably little too confident/comfortable and let’s not forget all that infusion of out of state cash Robert Francis would not share with other Dem candidates.

I would agree with you if it weren’t for the record voter turnout that we had. There was an 18% increase in voter turnout from previous midterms in Texas. Beto got people to go vote for him who normally don’t vote. That is a very useful ability that Hillary lacked. I’m no Beto fanboy, but I bet he could hurt Trump in some of those swing states if he could muster that kind of voter turnout in Texas.

During at bill-signing event on Friday, Trump congratulated Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on his recent re-election and randomly decided to insult Cruz’s Democratic challenger, Beto O’Rourke. Despite his loss to Cruz, O’Rourke’s name has popped up often in the last several weeks as a potential challenger to Trump in the 2020 election. In light of that, Trump addressed this buzz after congratulating Cruz, saying: “I thought you were supposed to win before you run for president.”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...self-owns-instead_us_5c1d2e2fe4b0407e907ac00a

... prior to the presidency, Trump didn’t win — or even run for — any public office. ...
some observations follow:

Adam Blickstein

@AdamBlickstein
Trump never even won a lawsuit let alone an election before he became president

@Eugene_Scott
Coming from the president with no experience winning a public office before becoming president ...

@mviser
Perhaps the country is tired from all the winning.

@imillhiser
Trump lost by 2,864,974 votes and he still got to be president

@ZekeJMiller
Here is a list of elections Trump won before running for president:
@skylerkorgel
Really? 🤔
Coming from someone who never won office before running for President. Solid logic and reasoning skills coming from the White House 🙄

@TVietor08
From a guy who didn't win a divorce proceeding let alone an election before 2016

@RicoSuaveJD
Replying to @ZekeJMiller
ummm....?

Should we tell him?

only 2018 and tRump is already running scared of Beto

Think of it as the never ending back and forth between 2 parties. We grew tired of GW, and along came Obama. We grew tired of Obama, and along came Trump. As long as we have just the 2 parties, this will continue ad nauseam.

What do you think of a Sanders/O'Rourke ticket?

I think it would do pretty well in the General election. I just have doubts Sanders can win a Democratic primary.

What do you think of a Sanders/O'Rourke ticket?

I don't see Sanders as a particularly viable candidate. Biden / O'Rourke is a possibility, so is O'Rourke as head of the ticket.

I don't think it will take much to beat Trump, if he is still in a position to run. Pence, OTH, might provide a competitive race.

I'm not interested in White Obama for president. He was just fine as an opponent to Ted Cruz in Texas, but the man is too centrist for my tastes.

I like the fact that he listens to people on both sides of the aisle. However, I believe it's too early for a Beto run. He needs a little more seasoning.

I find it just as likely as a me and Mila Kunis relationship.

Why? They might balance each other out in that one is young and...shall we say...energetic, while the other is calmer and more experienced.

I don't see Sanders as a particularly viable candidate. Biden / O'Rourke is a possibility, so is O'Rourke as head of the ticket.

I don't think it will take much to beat Trump, if he is still in a position to run. Pence, OTH, might provide a competitive race.

Sanders did rather well, considering the competition. Had it been a fair process, who knows...?

Sanders did rather well, considering the competition. Had it been a fair process, who knows...?

He's a dark horse... but my favorite prospective candidate at this point is Governor John Hickenlooper of Colorado - he's got far more experience than O'Rourke, he's done a great job both as Mayor of Denver and Governor of Colorado, and he has private industry experience as well, having run his own brewery. He's an economically moderate and socially liberal, outside-the-box thinker. I think he'd do a great job as President.

Why? They might balance each other out in that one is young and...shall we say...energetic, while the other is calmer and more experienced.

I just don't see it for two reasons. Bernie would want to be the top of the ticket and I don't think Beto would be for that. Second, I think Bernie a an election albatross that Beto wouldn't want to wear.

I like the fact that he listens to people on both sides of the aisle. However, I believe it's too early for a Beto run. He needs a little more seasoning.

I'm not a big fan of centrist Democrats. Like, at all. While I can appreciate listening to both sides, at the end of the day, I don't respect the 'moderate' stance when we're talking about meeting corruption half-way, and that's Beto in a nutshell. He pledged to not take money from fossil-fuel execs, but then maxes out with like, thirty executives. I don't like Beto because in actuality, he's a fake progressive, and to be quite frank, I'd rather just put a Republican in the WH rather than someone that the third-way Dems are fond of. Everything I've learned about Beto after his loss to Cruz indicates that this is not a candidate that I would want to support during the primary, at the very least.

I'm not a big fan of centrist Democrats. Like, at all. While I can appreciate listening to both sides, at the end of the day, I don't respect the 'moderate' stance when we're talking about meeting corruption half-way, and that's Beto in a nutshell. He pledged to not take money from fossil-fuel execs, but then maxes out with like, thirty executives. I don't like Beto because in actuality, he's a fake progressive, and to be quite frank, I'd rather just put a Republican in the WH rather than someone that the third-way Dems are fond of. Everything I've learned about Beto after his loss to Cruz indicates that this is not a candidate that I would want to support during the primary, at the very least.
how about sharing what you learned with the rest of us

Back
Top Bottom