• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beto O'Rourke mocked after offering few answers in wide-ranging policy interview

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/be...-few-answers-in-wide-ranging-policy-interview

Former Texas Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke faced across-the-board criticism on Tuesday after an unflattering interview in The Washington Post portrayed him as equivocal and unsure on a variety of substantive policy issues -- and included a comment that seemed to question the modern-day relevance of the U.S. Constitution.

O'Rourke, 46, is widely considered a possible 2020 presidential contender, after falling only a few percentage points shy of dethroning incumbent Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz in the 2018 midterm elections. But his relative lack of experience and expertise has emerged as a central objection to his prospective candidacy.

“Can an empire like ours with military presence in over 170 countries around the globe, with trading relationships … and security agreements in every continent, can it still be managed by the same principles that were set down 230-plus years ago?” Mr. O’Rourke reportedly asked.

And this turd is one of the up and coming in the Democratic Party, along with that dimwit Cortez? Wow, the Democrats have zero standards at this point; they don't even believe in the Constitution any longer. This to the point that their stars are even admitting it. What a lovely thought, to have the potential of a President-elect placing his hand on a book (that he probably doesn't believe in) to swear to uphold and protect a document he doesn't believe in.

For those of us who like Robert Francis O'Rourke, its encouraging to see the far right wing begin to focus in on him and attack in their usual manner. It lets us know we are backing the right guy for 2020.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/be...-few-answers-in-wide-ranging-policy-interview

And this turd is one of the up and coming in the Democratic Party, along with that dimwit Cortez? Wow, the Democrats have zero standards at this point; they don't even believe in the Constitution any longer. This to the point that their stars are even admitting it. What a lovely thought, to have the potential of a President-elect placing his hand on a book (that he probably doesn't believe in) to swear to uphold and protect a document he doesn't believe in.

He interviewed himself at the dentist talking about the wall.... the guy is a damn fool. He's like Barack Obama but even more fluffier, if that's even possible.

Maybe they could run on the same ticket sometime in the future; Dumb and Dumber.

eta: Watch how long it takes for a poster to obfuscate by inserting Trump's name into the discussion.
10, 9, 8,7, 6, 5, 4, 3, ......

This is hysterical from anyboyd from the party that elected Donald Trump to president, and his non stop dumb **** and lack of any idea. In fact, republicans rarely ever speak in details of policy, they just spout talking point. You guys really have no shame, do you?

For those of us who like Robert Francis O'Rourke, its encouraging to see the far right wing begin to focus in on him and attack in their usual manner. It lets us know we are backing the right guy for 2020.

See the thing that "American" is quoting O'Rourke that should be mocked, I quite like that O'Rourke brought it up. It's about time we consider looking at restructuring some of those things in the Constitution, b/c it ain't working too well for many in this country...

I don't know much about O'Rourke, but I doubt that he's as unfit, inept, and willfully ignorant as Trump.

Psst...you guys just elected a washed up reality TV star that can't even produce his tax returns, and had zero government experience prior to running for President. You really wanna talk about standards, bud? ;) :) Maybe wait until we've forgotten President "Grab em by the *****" Mario Cart Mushroom ****... haha Just sayin', brother.

The practice in American politics over the years has been, primarily, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bull****. We've got hundreds of elected officials who are style over substance types and we have millions of voters who choose their candidates based more on who tells them what they want to hear rather then tells them what they need to know. The news media has become a source political entertainment rather than a source of accurate and complete information. Twitter is the "go to" source of knowledge for half the damned world. Even Wikipedia has taken a back seat to social media as an information source.

Is it surprising that smiling faces like O'Rourke and Ocasio-Cortez are now the shining example of where the Democrat party is headed? Is it surprising that the hateful and intentionally misleading rhetoric of Harris and Blumenthal is where the Democrat party is today? Is it surprising that half the Republican party can't manage to get out of their own way to make a case for legislation that promotes individual liberty and the protections of that liberty guaranteed by the Constitution?

American politics as a whole has hit rock bottom. It's not Trump's fault we're there. He's there because the American people allowed the federal government to get out of control.

Maybe they could run on the same ticket sometime in the future; Dumb and Dumber.

eta: Watch how long it takes for a poster to obfuscate by inserting Trump's name into the discussion.
10, 9, 8,7, 6, 5, 4, 3, ......

Um, that's exactly what you just did, so zero seconds...

Sad...

The irony that a Trump supporter would talk about Democrats having zero standards and a Democrat giving few answers in a policy interview and calling a Democrat a dimwit. Are you honestly that unself aware? Seriously? I could get a gifted high school student and I would bet 2 paychecks that they would have a better grasp of policy and current event than our current president, and I would bet 4 paychecks they could be more coherent in their answers than our current president. In fact, I would go even further. I would let our current president get softball questions from Hannity, and you could pick the most hard hitting interviewer on earth to interview that gifted high school student, and I would put 2 months pay on that high school student given more coherent answers than our current president.

You bitching about O'Rourke not giving a good interview on policy questions is as textbook hypocrisy as it gets. Its like someone whose preacher was a womanizer, embezzler, liar and thief, bitching about another church's pastor that got a parking ticket.

Last edited:
Psst...you guys just elected a washed up reality TV star that can't even produce his tax returns, and had zero government experience prior to running for President. You really wanna talk about standards, bud? ;) :) Maybe wait until we've forgotten President "Grab em by the *****" Mario Cart Mushroom ****... haha Just sayin', brother.

Trump can produce his tax returns... he chooses not too.. big difference.

Stop deflecting from the OP, Trump proudly swore on the bible to defend the Constitution, no questions asked. Now, you've got slimy Democrat candidates that question our entire republican form of govt. Pathetic!

The irony that a Trump supporter would talk about Democrats having zero standards and a Democrat giving few answers in a policy interview and calling a Democrat a dimwit. Are you honestly that unself aware? Seriously? I could get a gifted high school student and I would bet 2 paychecks that they would have a better grasp of policy and current event than our current president, and I would bet 4 paychecks they could be more coherent in their answers than our current president. In fact, I would go even further. I would let our current president get softball questions from Hannity, and you could pick the most hard hitting interviewer on earth to interview that gifted high school student, and I would put 2 months pay on that high school student given more coherent answers than our current president.

You are like a guy that supports Charles Manson bitching about someone on the other team getting a parking ticket.

Try responding to the OP, instead of characterizing me. Your man questions the relevance of the US Constitution was our governing document.

I don't know much about O'Rourke, but I doubt that he's as unfit, inept, and willfully ignorant as Trump.

O'Rourke is an idiot, and completely tone deaf to the politics of the US. Anyone who questions the US Constitution as a governing document should be run out of politics on a rail.

Typical amateur playbook post. Trump took the oath proudly, never questioned the Constitution. Your man does.

My man?

I would not vote for Beto. Don't agree with much he has campaigned on. If it was him vs Trump I'd take him first though. Trump needs to go, he's bad for this country.

Thank you for proving my point.

:lamo

Back
Top Bottom