• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beto O'Rourke mocked after offering few answers in wide-ranging policy interview

And? This is the pseudo religious nonsense now applied to specific facets of politics all over again. NOTHING is beyond reproach in a free society, including the document that ensures our rights.

Some of it -is- outdated. Some of it is woefully inept. And some of it is pure brilliance.

Social changes go regardless of how you cons feel about it.

Your generalizations about the Constitution are irrelevant. You want to rewrite the Constitution (not that a single liberal has the brains), then put forth amendments or call a convention of States. Otherwise, get out of my face with these irrelevant notions.

Your generalizations about the Constitution are irrelevant. You want to rewrite the Constitution (not that a single liberal has the brains), then put forth amendments or call a convention of States. Otherwise, get out of my face with these irrelevant notions.

It's not a generalization. People in this country think certain things should not be discussed.

The constitution is getting added to the list now, right along side Religion.

The constitution, like religion, is man made, and, we ought to be able to have discussions about it, especially given its age. Society has changed, drastically.

Why are you against free speech?

It's not a generalization. People in this country think certain things should not be discussed.

The constitution is getting added to the list now, right along side Religion.

The constitution, like religion, is man made, and, we ought to be able to have discussions about it, especially given its age. Society has changed, drastically.

Why are you against free speech?

Well you aren't specific, nor are you putting forth any suggested amendments. So what's your point. You sound like you don't like the Constitution.

Well you aren't specific, nor are you putting forth any suggested amendments. So what's your point. You sound like you don't like the Constitution.

I love most of my constitution. Some of it I dislike. Like the fact it doesnt extend constitutional protections over some sections of our population. Or, that it doesn't provide some limitations on judicial review. Or, that senators can serve forever, like undying corpses. Or the failure of the constitution to limit campaign spending and who can and cannot donate to politicians.

Some of these are simply outdated. I am sure none of the founders thought someone like Bezos would exist, with an absurd amount of political clout because of his immense pockets, for example.

Some are just the ignorance of the time, like not extending explicit protections for people of specifi genders or sexual orientations. Or, setting forth a real standard for elections.

I love most of my constitution. Some of it I dislike. Like the fact it doesnt extend constitutional protections over some sections of our population. Or, that it doesn't provide some limitations on judicial review. Or, that senators can serve forever, like undying corpses. Or the failure of the constitution to limit campaign spending and who can and cannot donate to politicians.

Some of these are simply outdated. I am sure none of the founders thought someone like Bezos would exist, with an absurd amount of political clout because of his immense pockets, for example.

Some are just the ignorance of the time, like not extending explicit protections for people of specifi genders or sexual orientations. Or, setting forth a real standard for elections.

Genders are protected. Read the 19th Amendment.

He's still preferable to Trump, who is a panting moron. A tree stump is also preferable to Trump, as it cannot vomit idiotic, embarrassing tweets at 3 AM.
Nah, just close ups, digging into those molars....lol

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

This is hysterical from anyboyd from the party that elected Donald Trump to president, and his non stop dumb **** and lack of any idea. In fact, republicans rarely ever speak in details of policy, they just spout talking point. You guys really have no shame, do you?

Remember when Donald Trump didn't know what the nuclear triad was? :eek:
Funny how that didn't seem to bother them all that much...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/be...-few-answers-in-wide-ranging-policy-interview

And this turd is one of the up and coming in the Democratic Party, along with that dimwit Cortez? Wow, the Democrats have zero standards at this point; they don't even believe in the Constitution any longer. This to the point that their stars are even admitting it. What a lovely thought, to have the potential of a President-elect placing his hand on a book (that he probably doesn't believe in) to swear to uphold and protect a document he doesn't believe in.

Like Kamala Harris snidely, sneering at Kavanaugh about that "thing" he keeps in his pocket.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/be...-few-answers-in-wide-ranging-policy-interview

And this turd is one of the up and coming in the Democratic Party, along with that dimwit Cortez? Wow, the Democrats have zero standards at this point; they don't even believe in the Constitution any longer. This to the point that their stars are even admitting it. What a lovely thought, to have the potential of a President-elect placing his hand on a book (that he probably doesn't believe in) to swear to uphold and protect a document he doesn't believe in.

I'm sure the OPs eloquent opinion goes over well among "his crowd". It remains to be seen if O' Rourke will run but it is not Conservatives that he must appeal to. If Conservative Evangelical Christians can unequivocally support Trump regardless of past and present misdeeds because they like his policies they don't have a leg to stand on when it come to judging anyone's qualifications to be President.

It's about Beto's comments regarding the Constitution, which you fail to have a response for.

Why should I defend him on this? Again, would not be my choice now, but would be against Trump.

Beto wouldn't actually be able to do anything with the Constitution. We're not there yet. So he would not even try. He's just talking **** right now.

He might even believe it, but again, he wouldn't try.

The practice in American politics over the years has been, primarily, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bull****. We've got hundreds of elected officials who are style over substance types and we have millions of voters who choose their candidates based more on who tells them what they want to hear rather then tells them what they need to know. The news media has become a source political entertainment rather than a source of accurate and complete information. Twitter is the "go to" source of knowledge for half the damned world. Even Wikipedia has taken a back seat to social media as an information source.

Is it surprising that smiling faces like O'Rourke and Ocasio-Cortez are now the shining example of where the Democrat party is headed? Is it surprising that the hateful and intentionally misleading rhetoric of Harris and Blumenthal is where the Democrat party is today? Is it surprising that half the Republican party can't manage to get out of their own way to make a case for legislation that promotes individual liberty and the protections of that liberty guaranteed by the Constitution?

American politics as a whole has hit rock bottom. It's not Trump's fault we're there. He's there because the American people allowed the federal government to get out of control.

I find that leftists have tendencies towards cult behavior. They eat up gobbledegook. They abdicate critical though in lieu of group think and bumper-sticker affirmations. They easily surrender their power. The reject individualism for the collective. Mostly, they worship and lay palms for their anointed.

Typical amateur playbook post. Trump took the oath proudly, never questioned the Constitution. Your man does.

afaic, that right there disqualifies Beto and the people should remove him immediately, should, God forbid, he ever become POTUS.

I guess the founding fathers agreed with him to an extent since they made the Constituion amendable.

Ah, I see. So these guys are all turds and dimwits, but Trump is just soooo brilliant and wonderful! :lamo

I find that leftists have tendencies towards cult behavior. They eat up gobbledegook. They abdicate critical though in lieu of group think and bumper-sticker affirmations. They easily surrender their power. The reject individualism for the collective. Mostly, they worship and lay palms for their anointed.

Ah, I see. So rightists are the independent thinkers. That must be why they were looking for Obama’s secret Kenyan birth certificate for six years straight, until Trump told them to heel.

What I find remarkable about the Left being ensorceled with Beto is that on paper, he's everything they hate: he's white and he's rich and he has privilege. In fact, if Beto were a black man without connections, his life would look a whole lot different after being arrested for burglary, dui and leaving the scene of an accident.
Why the intellectual dishonesty?

My Idiot Detector Red-Lined upon reading your OP.

The dems are the party of standards now. Republicans sold out all their morals and standards. No president has ever been less religious and put his hand on that book, been more immoral, had less standards, or done less to protect that document than Trump. No one in the history of the American presidency. Taking the high ground is no longer believable for the Republicans.

My Idiot Detector Red-Lined upon reading your OP.

You're right, O'Rourke is an idiot. Anyone that makes a statement like he did, is a ****ing idiot.

You're right, O'Rourke is an idiot. Anyone that makes a statement like he did, is a ****ing idiot.

More evidence that O'Rourke is probably not an idiot.

Maybe instead of using his nickname, Beto, he should change his name to "I'm American **** Yeah!!". That would be cool.

This is hysterical from anyboyd (Who?) from the party that elected Donald Trump to president, and his non stop dumb **** (What?) and lack of any idea(s). In fact, (R)epublicans rarely ever speak in details of policy, they just spout talking point(s). You guys really have no shame, do you?

I can duz Enlisgh.

Riddle me this: If I don't consider Beto an idiot, who do you think I consider an idiot?

If you don't get the right answer on the first try, please come back for a clue.

Fox reporting that conservatives were rude to a liberal in a bid to make a fake show of being superior isn't news. Happens all the damn time here, there, everywhere.

Contrary to your delusion, it most certainly does not indicate anything bad about that liberal.

Back
Top Bottom