• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beto Aides Meet w/Team Obama

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Beto went from a political nobody to a national political contender who gave Ted Cruz, a run for his money in just one year. With Obama's team on his side. Beto could win the 2020 election. Here's how that partnership is starting:

Democratic rising star Beto O'Rourke's team has been fielding calls from senior operatives who worked on President Obama's campaign in the pivotal states of Iowa and New Hampshire

Beto O'Rourke's team has been talking to Obama political operatives in Iowa and New Hampshire as 2020 momentum builds

Beto is currently 7% in the national polls and Obama appears to favor him over one of his best friends Joe Biden

I'm sort of into Beto, but, I don't think he should be meeting with Obama. It sends the message that if we elect Beto he's going to push for single-payer and then deliver us a right wing corporate option. I wish the Democrat candidates would get it through their heads, that they don't need any help from those losers in the Democratic Party.

Beto went from a political nobody to a national political contender who gave Ted Cruz, a run for his money in just one year. With Obama's team on his side. Beto could win the 2020 election. Here's how that partnership is starting:

Beto O'Rourke's team has been talking to Obama political operatives in Iowa and New Hampshire as 2020 momentum builds

Beto is currently 7% in the national polls and Obama appears to favor him over one of his best friends Joe Biden

With each passing week I warm more and more to Beto as the 2020 nominee. He is young, bright and has experience and he has that Kennedy mystique and charisma about him that really helps on the campaign trail.

I'm sort of into Beto, but, I don't think he should be meeting with Obama. It sends the message that if we elect Beto he's going to push for single-payer and then deliver us a right wing corporate option. I wish the Democrat candidates would get it through their heads, that they don't need any help from those losers in the Democratic Party.

Hmm... "Beto" lost his recent statewide (US Senate) election bid and Obama won his statewide (US Senate) election and the nationwide (POTUS) election twice - who among those two is the demorat "loser"?

who is beto? the guy who lost to ted cruz? you gotta be a special kind of stupid to lose to ted cruz

Yes. Biden would have been a good candidate in 2016. But he really is getting up in years, and also tends to be a little gaffe-prone. Beto may be the young, fresh face that the dems may need to revitalize the party. The fact that he is from Texas and the south is a bonus.

Hmm... "Beto" lost his recent statewide (US Senate) election bid and Obama won his statewide (US Senate) election and the nationwide (POTUS) election twice - who among those two is the demorat "loser"?

Beto almost turned TX blue, that's quite an accomplishment. I don't know if he was taking the advice of the corporate Dems after he won the nomination, but, if he was I think that's a mistake, since they've proven themselves to have a losing strategy.

And, yeah, Obama is such a winner 1,000's of seats flipped Red under him and an "Obama 3rd term" was lost to a two-bit carnival barker who brags about sexually assaulting women.

who is beto? the guy who lost to ted cruz? you gotta be a special kind of stupid to lose to ted cruz

Not in Texas. The fact that he gave Cruz such a run for his money on his home turf was a pretty big deal. If he could do that in TX, think what that would mean in MI, OH, WI, or PA.

I don't think it was Ted, so much as Texas. They just love their republicans in Texas. I hope Beto stays in politics. Both parties need optimistic young people.

Not in Texas. The fact that he gave Cruz such a run for his money on his home turf was a pretty big deal. If he could do that in TX, think what that would mean in MI, OH, WI, or PA.

the fact that he lost to ted cruz says just how stupid he is.

So.

Democrat primaries will be an inexperienced fake Hispanic against an overly experienced fake Native American?

Beto almost turned TX blue, that's quite an accomplishment. Actually an "Obama 3rd term" was lost to a two-bit poitcal whore who supported the main culprit sexually assaulting women.

Texans would vote for a Republican farm animal over George Washington, if he was running as a dem. Beto's showing in Texas was very impressive. If he could do this in TX, think what he could do in MI, OH, PA, WI, VA, or NC.

I see you are a conservative. GOP?

'Cause the only person who beat Cruz last time was Trump. Cruz came in 2nd. I feel sorry for your bench (if GOP).

So.

Democrat primaries will be an inexperienced fake Hispanic against an overly experienced fake Native American?

Diversity :thumbs:

Fake Hispanic? Huh?

"Beto" O'Rourke has adopted a Hispanic nickname as part of his attempt to make it seem like he's just another hombre from the barrio.....

and is as Prep-School-WASP as they come.

I've heard from some of my politically charged friends here in NH that Beto is considered by the Democrats to be one of the most viable candidates.

I was impressed by the man. He's young, fresh, appealing and interesting. I guess we'll see how he fares here.

I've heard from some of my politically charged friends here in NH that Beto is considered by the Democrats to be one of the most viable candidates.

I was impressed by the man. He's young, fresh, appealing and interesting. I guess we'll see how he fares here.

I recently switched by support from Biden to Beto. I think he is the best chance Dems have of winning in 2020.

"Beto" O'Rourke has adopted a Hispanic nickname as part of his attempt to make it seem like he's just another hombre from the barrio.....

and is as Prep-School-WASP as they come.

He's been called Beto since he was a child. I guess Bobby Jindal is a fake American because he was called Bobby instead of Piyush, and Nikki Haley is a fake American because she was called Nikki instead of Nimrata.

I recently switched by support from Biden to Beto. I think he is the best chance Dems have of winning in 2020.

I agree. I don't see Biden performing well in NH. He's qualified, but NHers can be quirky in the primaries. Hell, this is the first state to go for Trump (no thanks to me). It was also a Bernie state. I see Beto having more appeal here than Biden.

Beto almost turned TX blue, that's quite an accomplishment. I don't know if he was taking the advice of the corporate Dems after he won the nomination, but, if he was I think that's a mistake, since they've proven themselves to have a losing strategy.

And, yeah, Obama is such a winner 1,000's of seats flipped Red under him and an "Obama 3rd term" was lost to a two-bit carnival barker who brags about sexually assaulting women.

Obama's big mistake was letting corporate interests dictate the mess known as PPACA (ObamaCare?) - time was up for the brief demorat Senate supermajority needed to pass whatever as health insurance "reform" so out popped PPACA with its demorat only support.

He's been called Beto since he was a child. I guess Bobby Jindal is a fake American because he was called Bobby instead of Piyush, and Nikki Haley is a fake American because she was called Nikki instead of Nimrata.

What? None of them are fake Americans - your citizenship isn't determined by your ethnicity.

Texans would vote for a Republican farm animal over George Washington, if he was running as a dem. Beto's showing in Texas was very impressive. If he could do this in TX, think what he could do in MI, OH, PA, WI, VA, or NC.

yes. we are all very impressed that he lost to a retarded alien. lets give him a round of applause for such a loss

Back
Top Bottom