• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Beto Aides Meet w/Team Obama

What? None of them are fake Americans - your citizenship isn't determined by your ethnicity.

You said Beto was a "fake Hispanic" because of a name that he has used since childhood. That's absolute nonsense in every possible way.

Your post also implies that the other "hombres from the barrio" are too stupid to know that O'Rourke isn't an Hispanic name.

So Bobby Jindal isn't really of Indian descent because he called himself Bobby. Right? And people were too stupid to look at him and read his last name, and not realize he isn't a WASP. Yes?

So.

Democrat primaries will be an inexperienced fake Hispanic against an overly experienced fake Native American?

Why isn't the guy named Rafael who changed his name to Ted in order to win elections not among the fakes?

I recently switched by support from Biden to Beto. I think he is the best chance Dems have of winning in 2020.

Seems like a lot of Dems are doing this. I wonder if Obama has some internals that suggests the same thing. Beto could easily run the same campaigns as Clinton (Bill) and Obama. If he gets out on the late night circuit and hosts SNL. He'll win! It's all about public appearances and media attention these days.

RE: Beto losing to Cruz.
yes. we are all very impressed that he lost to a retarded alien. lets give him a round of applause for such a loss

Hey, Texans vote Republican. No matter what. Talk to the people of the state.

So.

Democrat primaries will be an inexperienced fake Hispanic against an overly experienced fake Native American?

And they will be facing off against herr Drumpf the Kraut himself!

You said Beto was a "fake Hispanic" because of a name that he has used since childhood. That's absolute nonsense in every possible way.

:doh

It was a JOKE, Tres.

"Hah, so the Democrat primary will be between a fake hispanic and a fake native american"

If he's your guy, alright, fine. I think he'd be a bad president, but fine. But yeah, get over it.

Your post also implies that the other "hombres from the barrio" are too stupid to know that O'Rourke isn't an Hispanic name.

No, it doesn't. It implies that he played up the Beto to try to sound like he was hispanic.

So Bobby Jindal isn't really of Indian descent because he called himself Bobby. Right?

No. That is literally the opposite of the point I was making. Which you would see if you would stop being offended for your boy for 10 seconds.

And people were too stupid to look at him and read his last name, and not realize he isn't a WASP. Yes?

Well, you tell me. Do you think white folks ever marry hispanic folks?

:doh

It was a JOKE, Tres.

"Hah, so the Democrat primary will be between a fake hispanic and a fake native american"

If he's your guy, alright, fine. I think he'd be a bad president, but fine. But yeah, get over it.

No, it doesn't. It implies that he played up the Beto to try to sound like he was hispanic.

No. That is literally the opposite of the point I was making. Which you would see if you would stop being offended for your boy for 10 seconds.

Well, you tell me. Do you think white folks ever marry hispanic folks?

How on Earth can he be "my guy" when I'm still a registered Republican in the state of New Hampshire and couldn't vote for him even if he was "my guy"?

If you knew anything at all about Beto O'Rourke, you would know that his parents always called him Beto to distinguish him from his grandfather, after whom he was named.

Obviously his parents were as smart as Barack Obama's parents who took out an ad in a Hawaiian newspaper after he was born in Kenya, knowing that 40+ years later he would be running for political office. Beto's parents knew when he was a baby in El Paso, Texas that one day he'd grow up, become a rising star in the Democratic Party, and he'd have to pretend to be Hispanic (like all of the other Hispanics named "O'Rourke"), so they gave him a Spanish nickname.:roll:

I can't believe you posted this horse****.

I agree. I don't see Biden performing well in NH. He's qualified, but NHers can be quirky in the primaries. Hell, this is the first state to go for Trump (no thanks to me). It was also a Bernie state. I see Beto having more appeal here than Biden.

Lets hope you re correct. I think if Beto and won in Texas, the 2020 nomination would be a virtual lock with the party rallying behind him early. But he did not win even though he came close. But lets remember that another former House member lost his Senate race in a year ending in an 8 but came back two years later to win the presidency. His name was Abraham Lincoln.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of Dems are doing this. I wonder if Obama has some internals that suggests the same thing. Beto could easily run the same campaigns as Clinton (Bill) and Obama. If he gets out on the late night circuit and hosts SNL. He'll win! It's all about public appearances and media attention these days.

Those things certainly are a plus and would help him. But the thing I love about the guy is his willingness to speak directly to the people and take tough stances on hot issues like the NFL take a knee debate. He really captures that Bobby Kennedy image - and his first names are Robert Francis. For an agin Bobby Kennedy fan like myself - thats a neat thing.

I'm sort of into Beto, but, I don't think he should be meeting with Obama. It sends the message that if we elect Beto he's going to push for single-payer and then deliver us a right wing corporate option. I wish the Democrat candidates would get it through their heads, that they don't need any help from those losers in the Democratic Party.

At first, I was about 60/40 on whether this guy was a false progressive, masquerading as something he's not in an attempt to collect votes from the Bernie wing he didn't actually deserve. Now I have no doubt; Obama 2.0 everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QNTnjcLCCE

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Also I will note the blatant and suspect cognitive dissonance of many Beto supporters, particularly Third Way democrats, dismissing the likes of Ojeda for his loss in a far harder district despite his significantly greater electoral achievement; I have no doubt this is because Beto gets a pass on his own loss as his politics align much more closely with establishment thinking.

With each passing week I warm more and more to Beto as the 2020 nominee. He is young, bright and has experience and he has that Kennedy mystique and charisma about him that really helps on the campaign trail.

Time is having the opposite effect on me, because it increasingly reveals his true intent/positions.

Not in Texas. The fact that he gave Cruz such a run for his money on his home turf was a pretty big deal. If he could do that in TX, think what that would mean in MI, OH, WI, or PA.

I assume you feel similarly about Ojeda? Despite his loss, he accomplished far more in the most Dem hostile state in the country, having handily surpassed all midterm Democrats in terms of votation increases with his narrowing of the Republican lead by an incredible 32 points; all while remaining true to his progressive values.

Last edited:
At first, I was about 60/40 on whether this guy was a false progressive, masquerading as something he's not in an attempt to collect votes from the Bernie wing he didn't actually deserve. Now I have no doubt; Obama 2.0 everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QNTnjcLCCE

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Time is having the opposite effect on me, because it increasingly reveals his true intent/positions.

I assume you feel similarly about Ojeda? Despite his loss, he accomplished far more in the most Dem hostile state in the country, having handily surpassed all midterm Democrats in terms of votation increases with his narrowing of the Republican lead by an incredible 32 points; all while remaining true to his progressive values.

A Ojeda/O'Rourke or O'Rourke/Ojeda would be rather interesting but I think the dems will have to have a minority/female on the ticket. Bernie has no chance in hell.

Beto went from a political nobody to a national political contender who gave Ted Cruz, a run for his money in just one year.

Capture.JPG

Beetos votes costs more than twice as much as TCs just FYI.

A Ojeda/O'Rourke or O'Rourke/Ojeda would be rather interesting but I think the dems will have to have a minority/female on the ticket. Bernie has no chance in hell.

If Biden has a chance, as every pundit and his mother appears to be saying on television, then Bernie certainly does who has comparable or better popularity, and is almost exactly as old.

That said, if it comes down to a choice between Ojeda and O'Rourke, Ojeda all the way.

If Ojeda needs a female/minority running mate? Tulsi Gabbard. Double veteran header would absolutely crush 'Commander Bonespurs' Trump and Pence. Would also be open to Elizabeth Warren, though I don't think she'd be quite as strong a pick in the general.

Last edited:
If Biden has a chance, as every pundit and his mother appears to be saying on television, then Bernie certainly does who has comparable or better popularity, and is almost exactly as old.

That said, if it comes down to a choice between Ojeda and O'Rourke, Ojeda all the way.

If Ojeda needs a female/minority running mate? Tulsi Gabbard. Double veteran header would absolutely crush 'Commander Bonespurs' Trump and Pence. Would also be open to Elizabeth Warren, though I don't think she'd be quite as strong a pick in the general.

I don't like Bernie or Warren. Their message either doesn't appeal to me, or I don't feel they will be effective leaders of the country.
Biden I would have voted for in 2016, but I'm on the fence right now. There's too much young fresh faces I have to research in order for me to go with him just b/c he's a known face...

The race is probably the most wide open race in modern political history and I don't count Ojeda out at all.

If they go with Beto - and older female would be ideal (Warren perhaps) and if they cannot get that - an older male with more experience to balance out the youth factor would be also workable.

I don't like Bernie or Warren. Their message either doesn't appeal to me, or I don't feel they will be effective leaders of the country.
Biden I would have voted for in 2016, but I'm on the fence right now. There's too much young fresh faces I have to research in order for me to go with him just b/c he's a known face...

The race is probably the most wide open race in modern political history and I don't count Ojeda out at all.

Bernie's message and pillar policies overwhelmingly appeal to most of the country is the thing, and he certainly has the resolve and force of will to do what he needs to. That having been said, I think he'd be a far stronger, more effective advocate and driver of his platform than pretty much anyone else in the Dem field to date except for maybe Ojeda; no doubt we'd see him engage in an FDR level of bully pulpit.

Biden is basically Bernie without the vision and conviction, and the same old uninspired neolib status quo positions that got us into this mess in the first place; a very dangerous thing to bring to the general. For what it's worth, I do think he'd be a more forceful advocate than Obama though.

Warren I'm presently lukewarm on, and think she would probably do more good as a Senator than a vice or president, or in a cabinet position. Maybe she surprises me if/when she does run with a strong campaign.

Overall we need a fighter more than a diplomat, because that's what it's come down to.

Bernie's message and pillar policies overwhelmingly appeal to most of the country is the thing, and he certainly has the resolve and force of will to do what he needs to. That having been said, I think he'd be a far stronger, more effective advocate and driver of his platform than pretty much anyone else in the Dem field to date except for maybe Ojeda; no doubt we'd see him engage in an FDR level of bully pulpit.

Biden is basically Bernie without the vision and conviction, and the same old uninspired neolib status quo positions that got us into this mess in the first place; a very dangerous thing to bring to the general. For what it's worth, I do think he'd be a more forceful advocate than Obama though.

Warren I'm presently lukewarm on, and think she would probably do more good as a Senator than a vice or president, or in a cabinet position. Maybe she surprises me if/when she does run with a strong campaign.

Bernie isn't even on my list of potentials. He's a one trick pony that should register as a Democrat. IMO.

Bernie isn't even on my list of potentials. He's a one trick pony that should register as a Democrat. IMO.

I wouldn't bet against the man who is the most popular federal politico to date, whose pillar policies are likewise comparably supported, but it's your prerogative. I feel his domestic agenda is sweeping and comprehensive, with only foreign policy being his underdeveloped point if any. Here he seems to be more of an isolationist; probably a good thing after trillions of dollars, and countless lives have been wasted in futile wars with precious little to show for them.

I don't think Bernie is certain to win by any means, but it would be simply foolhardy to assert he has no chance if he runs.

I wouldn't bet against the man who is the most popular federal politico to date, whose pillar policies are likewise comparably supported, but it's your prerogative. I feel his domestic agenda is sweeping and comprehensive, with only foreign policy being his underdeveloped point if any. Here he seems to be more of an isolationist; probably a good thing after trillions of dollars, and countless lives have been wasted in futile wars with precious little to show for them.

See? That's why his policies do not apply to me. I'm a moderate globalist...

See? That's why his policies do not apply to me. I'm a moderate globalist...

Well, the track record of interventionism since the Korean war has been on the whole an absolutely atrocious one; it pains me to think how much better off America would be if it had kept those resources focused inward.

Beto went from a political nobody to a national political contender who gave Ted Cruz, a run for his money in just one year. With Obama's team on his side. Beto could win the 2020 election. Here's how that partnership is starting:

Beto O'Rourke's team has been talking to Obama political operatives in Iowa and New Hampshire as 2020 momentum builds

Beto is currently 7% in the national polls and Obama appears to favor him over one of his best friends Joe Biden

My preference is Kamala Harris, but people respond to O'Rourke in a way that definitely echoes Obama. I find him to be a compelling human being, and in that sense makes him a worthy adversary for Trump.

who is beto? the guy who lost to ted cruz? you gotta be a special kind of stupid to lose to ted cruz

I tend to agree with that but we ARE talking about Texas here. They are kind of a unique, "special" kind of people.

They would most likely vote for Willie Nelson or Kinky Friedman over Cruz OR Beto.

Just saying y'all.

How on Earth can he be "my guy" when I'm still a registered Republican in the state of New Hampshire and couldn't vote for him even if he was "my guy"?

Heck if I know. You're the one who responded to a (pretty tame) joke about him as if someone had insulted your child.

Back
Top Bottom