• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best SNL cast members of all time.

Smeagol

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
- Norm McDonald for weekend update. What the heck even happened to him?

- Tina Fey for weekend update and her Palin impersonation tapes should be looped at the Smithsonian for contributions to American culture. No dis meant to Governor Palin but Fey is an American comedic icon in large part due to one of the best political impersonations in American history.

- Dana Carvey for his George HW Bush impersonation. My fave was the 1992 presidential debate. Brilliant!

I know they're other SNL greats but I don't go back that far to remember them when they were on. Name your own.

Danny Ackroyd, Gilda Radner, Bill Murray, Joe Piscioim Eddie Murphy, Phil Hartman, Jon Lovitz, Jan Hooks, Nora Dunn, Chris Rock, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler...so many.

I am ashamed to admit this, but I used to laugh myself sick over Jim Bruer's "Goat-Boy."

Darrell Hammond. Severely underrated in comparison with his colleagues, despite creating some of the most memorable participants in skits.

Belushi, Akroyd, Murray, Morris, Radner, Curtin, Chase, Newman, Novello

Murphy, Kazurinski, Duke, Gross, Crystal

Lovitz, Short

Farley

Darrell Hammond. Severely underrated in comparison with his colleagues, despite creating some of the most memorable participants in skits.

Absolutely. How could I have forgotten Darrell Hammond?! His impressions were brilliant. Loved his Clinton.

Wasn't he fired from "SNL"?

No idea.

I just recall he had a really cynical and funny way he did the news. I went back and saw some of his old stuff from YouTube. Still funny but it seemed funnier then to me that now. Maybe Tina-Amy and Seth had better writers or relevant up ti date news content is funnier to me.

They've got some good people on now too. I guess we think more highly of them after they leave.

The original cast. It hasn't been the same for decades.

Anybody that doesn't look like they are looking at a far wall to read their lines, but of course the originals were the best. The rest have been trying to get to that level, but have not succeded.

Back
Top Bottom