• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best President in Your Lifetime[W:228]

Who was the best President in your lifetime?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JMR

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
A recent Pew Poll has shown that President Obama is clearly chosen as best president in the respondents' replies:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/11/obama-president-clinton-reagan-trump-713627

It might be interesting to see how DP stacks up with the general population. In keeping with the Pew Poll method, you may pick two of the presidents listed below as being the best in YOUR lifetime.

Being limited to 10, I listed Kennedy....that should have been Johnson. Perhaps for purposes of this poll we can view that as one administration?

Last edited:
Re: Best President in Your Lifetime

A recent Pew Poll has shown that President Obama is clearly chosen as best president in the respondents' replies:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/11/obama-president-clinton-reagan-trump-713627

It might be interesting to see how DP stacks up with the general population. In keeping with the Pew Poll method, you may pick two of the presidents listed below as being the best in YOUR lifetime.

Being limited to 10, I listed Kennedy....that should have been Johnson. Perhaps for purposes of this poll we can view that as one administration?

Slenderman was the worst president EVER. He had some close runners up, Wilson, both Roosevelts (not my lifetime but very worthy of mention) as well as LBJ and that boob jimmy carter...but sm was atrocious, no words to describe how bad ...and we are still in the midst of asessing the damage with the current scandals.

Eisenhower and Reagan were pretty dang good... but Trump is out doing both, already. He has faults, we all do, but damn he gets things done dragging the swamp on his back getting there despite the obstacles they throw in his path.

All thaI just challenges, invigorates the man.

Obama saved the world from total economic meltdown despite the knuckle-dragging gop.

He was replaced by a man who will be regarded as the single most pathetic historical figure in American history.

Jefferson Davis and Benedict Arnold have a soulmate in Donald Trump.

Obama, and it's not even really that close.

Slenderman was the worst president EVER. He had some close runners up, Wilson, both Roosevelts (not my lifetime but very worthy of mention) as well as LBJ and that boob jimmy carter...but sm was atrocious, no words to describe how bad ...and we are still in the midst of asessing with the damage with the current scandals.

Eisenhower and Reagan were pretty dang good... but Trump is out doing both, already. He has faults, we all do, but damn he gets things done dragging the swamp on his back grtting there despite the obstacles they throw in his path.

:lamo:lamo:lamo

You need to stop watching so much Alex Jones; you've clearly descended too far into a fantasy land of your own creation.

First and foremost, it's hard to argue anyone was a worse president than James Buchanan. Neither Teddy Roosevelt nor FDR was even remotely close, by any objective standard, to the place you gave them ranked; both were about five times the man Trump is. FDR took on the greatest threats the US had---or likely ever will---- face, and Theodore Roosevelt played an integral role in shaping the way America developed.....even without taking into account his personal life. Unlike so many of the current political class--- especially the draft dodger in chief--- Theodore Roosevelt put his life on the line for this country.

Even if Trump had a hundred presidencies he never would be fit to so much as shine Eisenhower's boots either.

Voted for Obama so I could see the results. Ike wasn't on the list.

Reagan is overrated and the others pretty much have the reps they deserve.

Trump doesn't rate anything but childish rubber-stamp.

Maybe "for purposes of this poll" but they couldn't have been less the same. I voted Kennedy and would have picked Obama had Kennedy not been in the poll. You have to be pretty old to have Kennedy "in your life time".

I had to go Clinton. Bush Jr sucked, Obama sucked, Trump is not past tense yet.

Eisenhower and Reagan were pretty dang good... but Trump is out doing both, already.

That wouldn't be hard now would it. I guess Ike wasn't that bad for sleepwalking through his presidency.

He has faults (tRump), we all do, but damn he gets things done dragging the swamp on his back getting there despite the obstacles they throw in his path.

He has his faults, all politicians like, they're all like that …

… the apologies are endless and bull ****. The only thing he's done with the swamp is suck it up into a tank truck and unload it into the White House.

Serious thought that isn't self aggrandizing challenges the man. Nothing invigorates him like a mirror.

Poll was limited to 10. Nearly got to Ike.

Poll was limited to 10. Nearly got to Ike.

That's OK, nice man … boring President.

Maybe "for purposes of this poll" but they couldn't have been less the same. I voted Kennedy and would have picked Obama had Kennedy not been in the poll. You have to be pretty old to have Kennedy "in your life time".

You could pick two! I should have listed Johnson separately. Forgot, and was then out of choices, poll limited to 10 options.

Sorry, I couldn't vote for any. :no:

My heart wanted Kennedy, but to be honest I was a kid when he was elected and thus subject to the positive atmosphere his election brought to America. But he really didn't serve long enough to prove his merit before his assassination.

While I voted for Obama when he ran for President, swept up in the hope he would be "something special," I can't think of anything he actually did that I can say I supported wholeheartedly. I can think of several that I did not support (his caving to the "Black outrage" over Trevon Martin for one, which IMO led to all this BLM 'whites want to kill blacks' narrative). So in no way is he "the best" either.

Trump is only in his second year, and while I support many of the things he's accomplished, and those he has tried to, I am also unhappy with his "bull in a china shop" methodology, so I can't in good conscience vote him the best...I need to see how his administration pans out.

I supported President Nixon back in the day because he got us out of Vietnam via a peace agreement (people tend to forget there WAS a peace agreement during the Paris accords), got 18 year-olds the right to vote, and a few other things. But that all went out the window with Watergate. Can't vote for him either.

Ford and Carter were "non-entities" in office. That is not "best" material.

Reagan started off well, and his hard line with Russia while working with Gorbachev on glasnost finally ended the cold war and the Soviet Union fell. However, he lost his faculties somewhere just prior to his second term and it was his wife and advisors who were really running the show then.

Bush Sr. was pretty straight-forward, and while I did not want us to go to war with Iraq, I agreed that we had a valid treaty obligation with Kuwait and had to do something. Other than that I didn't see him do much during his Presidency except keep pushing the Reagan doctrines.

Clinton was not trustworthy, while Bush Jr. was not only a goof controlled by Dick Cheney, but he got us steamrolled into another war which has yet to end and has been going on longer than any other conflict the US was ever involved in.

So I have to vote OTHER. I don't feel any President on that list was "the best," only the "least worst." :shrug:

Last edited:

Clinton #1
Obama #2
Ron Ron #3

Unfortunately I'd have to say Trump or GW Bush were the best. Obama is utter dog**** though, there is no rational reason why the lying fool who doubled the debt, ensured a stagnant economic recovery, and gave rampant concessions to our enemies was the best president of anyone's lifetime.

:lamo:lamo:lamo

You need to stop watching so much Alex Jones; you've clearly descended too far into a fantasy land of your own creation.

First and foremost, it's hard to argue anyone was a worse president than James Buchanan. Neither Teddy Roosevelt nor FDR was even remotely close, by any objective standard, to the place you gave them ranked; both were about five times the man Trump is. FDR took on the greatest threats the US had---or likely ever will---- face, and Theodore Roosevelt played an integral role in shaping the way America developed.....even without taking into account his personal life. Unlike so many of the current political class--- especially the draft dodger in chief--- Theodore Roosevelt put his life on the line for this country.

Even if Trump had a hundred presidencies he never would be fit to so much as shine Eisenhower's boots either.
Drowning in your too many mugs of Morning Joe and Zika, I see. Didnt you dream there were mosquito borne clouds in your coffee? :lamo

Argue it then.

Teddy was a misguided progressive and his cousin a guy who thought government could solve ALL problems. WRONG. FDR got rescued by America rescuing the world and motivated to become the arsenal of democracies and victors/liberators...if it were up to his centralizing govt policies alone we, and the world, would probably still be in the Great Depression.

The guy could inspire with his speeches, I will grant him that.

Slendermn has undermined almost every facet of what America has acheived and stands for. He was embarrased by old America and therefore wanted to fundamentally change us. America didnt want what he was giving away for free.

Unfortunately I'd have to say Trump or GW Bush were the best. Obama is utter dog**** though, there is no rational reason why the lying fool who doubled the debt, ensured a stagnant economic recovery, and gave rampant concessions to our enemies was the best president of anyone's lifetime.

Yes, clearly someone whose top concern is the debt would vote Trump or W best. No one else on the list who makes infinitely more sense for such a person to choose.

Sorry, I couldn't vote for any. :no:

My heart wanted Kennedy, but to be honest I was a kid when he was elected and thus subject to the positive atmosphere his election brought to America. But he really didn't serve long enough to prove his merit before his assassination.

While I voted for Obama when he ran for President, swept up in the hope he would be "something special," I can't think of anything he actually did that I can say I supported wholeheartedly. I can think of several that I did not support (his caving to the "Black outrage" over Trevon Martin for one, which IMO led to all this BLM 'whites want to kill blacks' narrative). So in no way is he "the best" either.

Trump is only in his second year, and while I support many of the things he's accomplished, and those he has tried to, I am also unhappy with his "bull in a china shop" methodology, so I can't in good conscience vote him the best...I need to see how his administration pans out.

I supported President Nixon back in the day because he got us out of Vietnam via a peace agreement (people tend to forget there WAS a peace agreement during the Paris accords), got 18 year-olds the right to vote, and a few other things. But that all went out the window with Watergate. Can't vote for him either.

Ford and Carter were "non-entities" in office. That is not "best" material.

Reagan started off well, and his hard line with Russia while working with Gorbachev on glasnost finally ended the cold war and the Soviet Union fell. However, he lost his faculties somewhere just prior to his second term and it was his wife and advisors who were really running the show then.

Bush Sr. was pretty straight-forward, and while I did not want us to go to war with Iraq, I agreed that we had a valid treaty obligation with Kuwait and had to do something. Other than that I didn't see him do much during his Presidency except keep pushing the Reagan doctrines.

Clinton was not trustworthy, while Bush Jr. was not only a goof controlled by Dick Cheney, but he got us steamrolled into another war which has yet to end and has been going on longer than any other conflict the US was ever involved in.

So I have to vote OTHER. I don't feel any President on that list was "the best," only the "least worst." :shrug:

Sooo.. which one was least worst?

That wouldn't be hard now would it. I guess Ike wasn't that bad for sleepwalking through his presidency.

He has his faults, all politicians like, they're all like that …

… the apologies are endless and bull ****. The only thing he's done with the swamp is suck it up into a tank truck and unload it into the White House.

Serious thought that isn't self aggrandizing challenges the man. Nothing invigorates him like a mirror.

Yawn.

Get back to me when you have at least a shred of knowledge and/or credibility.

Obama by a mile

You don't need to vote to see the results.

I had to go Clinton. Bush Jr sucked, Obama sucked, Trump is not past tense yet.

Same here, specifically his 2nd term.

Yawn.

Get back to me when you have at least a shred of knowledge and/or credibility.

Shred of knowledge and/or credibility??? Yeah … right!

Good one (like you would know what that means) ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll say this; Obama was a good house boy. Surrounded himself with Wall Streeter's and did what he was told.

Back
Top Bottom