• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best Pope Ever?

Who is the best Pope ever?

• Total voters
Yeah, mind quoting where he said that gays are lesser human beings? I didn't see that.

And of course this turns into another gay thread.

She called all gays incapable of wanting marriage for love, only wanting it for money. She then accused them of trying to form a special class so that they can somehow get more benefits than heterosexuals like herself. She then alleged that she worked for marriage benefits and earned them, while gays did not and don't deserve them. Then she told me I will soon support a religion that wants to murder gays, as if that makes any sense.

If saying things like that doesn't suggest she sees gays as lesser human beings, I just don't know what will. I wouldn't wish those things on my enemies. Then again, I'm not a spiteful bigot.

Again, where did you read this? He's saying that it is the youth of today that are harassing gays, not the elderly.
Physical violence against gays is actually rather rare compared to when she was younger. The harassment of today is a legislative one. People like her (and likely you) want to use government force against someone they deem as "sinners". My generation (those under 30) generally do not hold the bigoted views of their parents on homosexuality.

And last time I checked, you are all sinners. Are you going to tell me you don't have any sin in your life?

She called all gays incapable of wanting marriage for love, only wanting it for money. She then accused them of trying to form a special class so that they can somehow get more benefits than heterosexuals like herself. She then alleged that she worked for marriage benefits and earned them, while gays did not and don't deserve them. Then she told me I will soon support a religion that wants to murder gays, as if that makes any sense.

If saying things like that doesn't suggest she sees gays as lesser human beings, I just don't know what will. I wouldn't wish those things on my enemies. Then again, I'm not a spiteful bigot.

She was referring to Islam.

violence against gays is actually rather rare compared to when she was younger. The harassment of today is a legislative one. People like her (and likely you) want to use government force against someone they deem as "sinners". My generation (those under 30) generally do not hold the bigoted views of their parents on homosexuality.

And last time I checked, you are all sinners. Are you going to tell me you don't have any sin in your life?

I have always affirmed that I am a sinner, so don't try that.

And I have no problem with gays calling themselves whatever they want. I, personally, want the state to be completely out of the marriage picture.

She was referring to Islam.

That makes no sense. We're not talking about islam, but if we were, would that change my original statement that she's a bigot?

I have always affirmed that I am a sinner, so don't try that.

And I have no problem with gays calling themselves whatever they want. I, personally, want the state to be completely out of the marriage picture.

Then you and I completely agree and you shouldn't be defending somebody who wants the government to deny marriage to them.

That makes no sense. We're not talking about islam, but if we were, would that change my original statement that she's a bigot?

She could be more charitable, I'll give you that, but the homosexual agenda has been quite aggressive over the past few years.

Then you and I completely agree and you shouldn't be defending somebody who wants the government to deny marriage to them.

I find the position that wants the state to affirm gay marriage pretty repugnant, though. And I worry about what the state's embrace of the idea will do to those who find a moral case against it.

She could be more charitable, I'll give you that, but the homosexual agenda has been quite aggressive over the past few years.

I find the position that wants the state to affirm gay marriage pretty repugnant, though. And I worry about what the state's embrace of the idea will do to those who find a moral case against it.

Aggressive? Yes, those bastards aggressively fighting for equal rights. My how they have terrorized you christians! Poor things!

Aggressive? Yes, those bastards aggressively fighting for equal rights. My how they have terrorized you christians! Poor things!

Are these people fighting for equal rights?

Gay Colorado couple sues bakery for allegedly refusing them wedding cake | Fox News

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Gay ‘married’ couple denied Communion in Rhode Island parish

They're not fighting for equal rights: they're pushing for everyone to accept their lifestyle. That's not tolerance.

Are these people fighting for equal rights?

Gay Colorado couple sues bakery for allegedly refusing them wedding cake | Fox News

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Gay ‘married’ couple denied Communion in Rhode Island parish

They're not fighting for equal rights: they're pushing for everyone to accept their lifestyle. That's not tolerance.

Actually, if you believe that discrimination laws should exist for any class, you should believe that they should protect gays as well. Why is refusing to serve a black guy worse than refusing to serve a homosexual?

Actually, if you believe that discrimination laws should exist for any class, you should believe that they should protect gays as well. Why is refusing to serve a black guy worse than refusing to serve a homosexual?

I don't believe that discrimination laws should exist for any class.

I don't believe that discrimination laws should exist for any class.

Pope Francis has again pushed aside tradition and embraced a progressive outlook, repairing frayed bonds between the Church and gays, atheists, and those who use contraception and have had abortions.

As leader of the Vatican, Pope Francis is not only a religious leader, but Head of State of the small Catholic nation, and can politically and diplomatically intervene in world affairs to promote peace and ethics.

So, with only a few months of experience,
how does this Pope rank amongst all others?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/w...l=1&adxnnlx=1379603441-u49LjqOIOSEikXs/MIljqw

I am not going to look at all others, but compared to Benedict and John I believe that Francis is taking the Catholic Church in the direction that it needs to go.

The Church will gain more members by helping the poor, sick and disadvantaged than it ever will by trying to fight contraception, abortion , and gay marriage.

The Church should focus on what it can reasonably expect to succeed in doing if it wants to grow and survive.

Then you should argue against them as a whole instead of just for classes you don't like.

I do, but we're not talking about that here, are we?

I am not going to look at all others, but compared to Benedict and John I believe that Francis is taking the Catholic Church in the direction that it needs to go.

The Church will gain more members by helping the poor, sick and disadvantaged than it ever will by trying to fight contraception, abortion , and gay marriage.

The Church should focus on what it can reasonably expect to succeed in doing if it wants to grow and survive.

That's exactly what the new Pope is saying, and why he's what the Catholics need just now.

Back
Top Bottom