• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Best nonpartisan message boards?

justice850

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What websites harbor the best rational nonpartisan dialogues on political matters?

Donkey you are full of ****. He said non partisan. Bill O Reilly is as partisan as it gets despite the fact that hes an independent. What he probably wants is an information source.

I think the best thing you can do is take out a book on the subject you want. Then you can read it through and look up the people on the internet, try and find any biases etc. etc. and read other opinions. Then you form an opinion based on that.

FinnMacCool said:
Donkey you are full of ****. He said non partisan. Bill O Reilly is as partisan as it gets despite the fact that hes an independent. What he probably wants is an information source.

I think the best thing you can do is take out a book on the subject you want. Then you can read it through and look up the people on the internet, try and find any biases etc. etc. and read other opinions. Then you form an opinion based on that.

-.-......... This means WAR!!!!! LOL j/k. It's just your opinion about Bill, but hey, it's yours, not mine.

IT has nothing to do with my personal opinion of O'Reilly at all. But he is definatly NOT non partisan. If he was non partisan he would just report the news instead of inserting in all of his opinions.

Most anchors and column writers do insert their opinions into their works. I can't "think" of one that isn't partisan or places in opinions...

No. Its true that news media either unintentionally or otherwise insert their own judgements of people in their news but it could go either way. And besides, I never mentioned the news as a non partisan source. But I do think the news is a good way to know whats going on but you just keep in mind not to take everything at face value.

I think books probably have the best unibiased sources cause they often use things from records etc. so you know your getting the truth though, as it is, this tends to vary.

FinnMacCool said:
No. Its true that news media either unintentionally or otherwise insert their own judgements of people in their news but it could go either way. And besides, I never mentioned the news as a non partisan source. But I do think the news is a good way to know whats going on but you just keep in mind not to take everything at face value.

I think books probably have the best unibiased sources cause they often use things from records etc. so you know your getting the truth though, as it is, this tends to vary.

What book would you suggest then? As an example.

The Secret History of the IRA. I read this when I became interested in the Northern Ireland conflict. I read this, and a few other books on the subject, and I found this one to be very well researced, informative, and not all biased. It helped me make an informed opinion on the subject based not on the ramblings of others but by research and historical facts, not just some assholes opinion.

Back
Top Bottom