• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best Non-Stick Frying Pan

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I need to replace a no-stick frying pan. We have a well worn ORGREENIC and it was good but light duty. The center bowled up and if you’re not careful the pan spins on the cooktop. I see the different ones on the TV and find the claims hard to believe. They cut meat in the pan and melt gross things in the pan and then swear the mess “slides right out.”

Are there any recommendations?

Copper chef is my favorite. It's not a fluke or some cheesy "As Seen on TV" crap.

It really works. I like it so well, I bought a set for my mom and my oldest daughter.

Ive got an aluminum non stick which I forgot the brand name. Then again, food still sticks to it...

I got a set of three Gotham pans for $15 and while they do the job, nothing beats my moms well seasoned cast iron skillets.

“Best non-stick frying pan”... my friend, there is no such thing.

I need to replace a no-stick frying pan. We have a well worn ORGREENIC and it was good but light duty. The center bowled up and if you’re not careful the pan spins on the cooktop. I see the different ones on the TV and find the claims hard to believe. They cut meat in the pan and melt gross things in the pan and then swear the mess “slides right out.”

Are there any recommendations?

You can try ceramic. I hear they are pretty good. Stay away from PTFE. I use professional grade equipment which is cheaper usually and big on function. I tend to use Wearever and Windco and Vorath. I have some nonstick pieces by these people but by and large I just use more oil than a typical home chef. Depending on the capacity of your stove you want to get something rated for a heat higher than what it will do. For instance my stove will get to 700 degrees. Which why I dont use a lot of coated pans and am careful about using those when I do. Most PTFE coatings are rated to 400 especially the cheaper pans. Good one will be rated higher.

the best non stick pan is a well seasoned cast iron pan, ofcourse they are not use and forget like modern ones, they must be seasoned cleaned and used in a proper fashion.

Be willing to pay a price. When it comes to pans cheap is trash. I bought two medium prices non stick pans only to find out the bottom were not flat so when you crack an egg is spreads out all over the pan. Take a straight edge with you and eyeball the surface to make sure it is flat and buy one that will work with induction cooking so it cannot be aluminum.

We got some "Calphalon" pans as wedding gifts. They've held up wonderfully and are pretty much the most non-stick of any pan for stuff like eggs.

But I also have a set of 60-80ish (and likely a couple decades older) year old cast iron pans from one set of grandparents, who got them from who knows who. The date isn't certain, but I narrowed it down once out of curiosity based on what they say on the bottom.

Don't use it for eggs. Too much hassle to clean just for eggs. But it's great for doing a sear & bake chicken, a ground beef & veggies for my wraps or for sphagetti. Anything that does best with consistent heat dissipation.

We take care of them, and the surface is so damn smooth. It glistens.

Last edited:
I recently got some All Clad anodized aluminum pans and they've been amazing so far. I've been using them on a gas range and they heat evenly, het quickly and nothing has stuck so far.

I've yet to find a non-stick pan that can stand up to an induction cooktop on full.

I just had to necro this thread because I found a great non-stick pan and have been using it for awhile now.

RZQeOHX.jpg

A granite lined fry pan. It's absolutely amazing. I wasnt sure if it was going to work with my new induction stove top, but its flawless. Not a single piece of food sticks to it, even when burnt- just slides right off. Unlike Teflon coated pans its scratch resistant too.

I just had to necro this thread because I found a great non-stick pan and have been using it for awhile now.

RZQeOHX.jpg

A granite lined fry pan. It's absolutely amazing. I wasnt sure if it was going to work with my new induction stove top, but its flawless. Not a single piece of food sticks to it, even when burnt- just slides right off. Unlike Teflon coated pans its scratch resistant too.

Granite-lined frying pan. Well I'll be jiggered.
Is it heavy? Heavier than caste iron, I mean. What'd it cost?

RZQeOHX.jpg

.......and the brand and where available is?

RZQeOHX.jpg

What temp is it rated to?

Granite-lined frying pan. Well I'll be jiggered.
Is it heavy? Heavier than caste iron, I mean. What'd it cost?

Pretty light actually. It shouldnt cost an arm and a leg either. Mine cost about $50.

.......and the brand and where available is?

Any German brand ought to do. I've seen them on Amazon.

What temp is it rated to?

Not sure, but I have pan fried steaks with it at high heat using my induction stovetop, so they ought to be able to handle most cooking temps.

I finally had a chance to use the missus’ new cookware. I am impressed. She got a full set a couple of weeks ago and she is visiting family, so I am on my own.

Zwilling J. A. Henckels - Wikipedia

Before I even read any others, cast iron, properly cured and seasoned...

Before I even read any others, cast iron, properly cured and seasoned...

Vintage ones are the best, because they milled the inside to be a much smoother service.

I finally had a chance to use the missus’ new cookware. I am impressed. She got a full set a couple of weeks ago and she is visiting family, so I am on my own.

Zwilling J. A. Henckels - Wikipedia

I have a Henckles sauce pot that's awesome. The stuff is a little on the pricey side but it's definitely a case of getting what you pay for. Nice call!

~ I use the older RevereWare stainless steel with copper bottom. I squirt lecithin on before cooking. Works great !

Get a small Calpholon non stick, for eggs.

For everything else, either stainless, or cast iron.

Personally I’ve given up on no-stick pans.

Just use good ‘ol cast iron with a sheen of butter

I have some of everything. Stainless steel is my favorite. Even when stuff sticks, it cleans up easy enough with a little elbow grease. Those green pans worked well for several years but now mine are starting to stick some. Haven't tried the granite pans but a coworker has and says they are about the same as the green ones.

Back
Top Bottom