• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Best NBA Player Today

Who is Best Player in the NBA today?

• Kobi Bryant

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Shaq

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Lebron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Garnett

• Allen Iverson

• Tim Duncan

• That Iran Guy

• Other

• Total voters

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Who's the best player in the NBA today?

It seems to shift every year since MJ retired. I would have to say that Kobe is the best right now. I think in a couple years though it very well could be Lebron.

Originally posted by independent_thinker2002:
It seems to shift every year since MJ retired. I would have to say that Kobe is the best right now. I think in a couple years though it very well could be Lebron.
I agree. You might want to help alphieb out on the word game thread. I don't think she knows who I'm talking about. You probably do.

Billo_Really said:
I agree. You might want to help alphieb out on the word game thread. I don't think she knows who I'm talking about. You probably do.

Of course I do, lol

Yea I agree here, I think now it is Kobe.

Originally posted by kal-el
Yea I agree here, I think now it is Kobe.
Did you think this before the 81 points.

Billo_Really said:
Did you think this before the 81 points.

Actually, I thought this back when Shaq fouled out during the Pacers-Lakers finals, and Kobe took over. He seemed unstopable.

Keving Garnett is the best..............Kobe is a ball hog and a gunner.He hs never seen a shot he didn't like and has not even made the play off without Shaq Man..........

The best pure shooter is Ray Allen though...

Navy Pride said:
Keving Garnett is the best..............Kobe is a ball hog and a gunner.He hs never seen a shot he didn't like and has not even made the play off without Shaq Man..........

Garnett hasn't gotten the ring. He can't take the team on his back in the playoffs.

J.J. Reddick will be the best pure shooter when he gets to the NBA.

independent_thinker2002 said:
Garnett hasn't gotten the ring. He can't take the team on his back in the playoffs.

J.J. Reddick will be the best pure shooter when he gets to the NBA.

Garnett fills up a score sheet.........rebounds, points assists..........Kobe wouldn't have a ring either if it were not for Shaq.........Last year without the Shaq man they did not even finish over .500........

Most over rated player in the NBA.....

Navy Pride said:

I'm not gonna even argue the fact that Kobe is a ball hog, but while we are on the subject of ball hogs, A.I. takes the cake. But KG the best? That's pure speculation, maybe the big "fundamental" Tim Duncan.

Probably, but I liked Dennis Scott back in the days with the Magic. 3D was always reining three's.:lol:

kal-el said:
I'm not gonna even argue the fact that Kobe is a ball hog, but while we are on the subject of ball hogs, A.I. takes the cake. But KG the best? That's pure speculation, maybe the big "fundamental" Tim Duncan.

Probably, but I liked Dennis Scott back in the days with the Magic. 3D was always reining three's.:lol:

So you agree that Kobe has not seen a shot that he didn't like?

A.I. shots alot but he gets a lot of assists too.......

Duncan gets boards and points and has great players around him unlike Garnett ...

Scott was a good shot but I watch Allen every night and there is no purer of a shooter.................

Yao MING!!!

no just kidding. But seriously there isn't one best player. I'd give Kobe player of the month but Shaq or Garnett overall best 'cuz game after game season after season both remain dominant.

Originally posted by Che:
no just kidding. But seriously there isn't one best player. I'd give Kobe player of the month but Shaq or Garnett overall best 'cuz game after game season after season both remain dominant.
When did Shaq or KG score 81 points in a game?

Navy Pride said:
So you agree that Kobe has not seen a shot that he didn't like?

Yea, I'll agree with that statement.

A.I. shots alot but he gets a lot of assists too.......

What, he gets like 6 or 7 assists a game. I think Kobe gets like 4 or 5.

Duncan gets boards and points and has great players around him unlike Garnett ...

Hence Duncan has a couple championship rings.

Scott was a good shot but I watch Allen every night and there is no purer of a shooter.................

Maybe, I haven't taken much notice to Ray Allen. But the Orlando Magic with Shaq, 3d, Nick Anderson, and Penny Hardaway kicked ass!

Billo_Really said:
Never, but that's because neither are gaurds. But scoring 81 points in a game is a one time thing it'll never happen again for him. Shaq and KG however remain constant.

Never, but that's because neither are gaurds. But scoring 81 points in a game is a one time thing it'll never happen again for him. Shaq and KG however remain constant.
Wilt wasn't a guard. He scored 100.

Billo_Really said:
Wilt wasn't a guard. He scored 100.

Yeah but c'mon that was once and you have to agree that guards usually have an easier time scoring.

Yeah but c'mon that was once and you have to agree that guards usually have an easier time scoring.
He scored a 100 once. But he averaged 50.1 points a game for the entire season. Jabbar (a center) scored more points than anyone in history. Karl Malone (a forward) is second on the list. Wilt is third. I think Oscar is the only guard in the top ten at 29k.

Billo_Really said:
But he averaged 50.1 points a game for the entire season.

Billo, I don't mean to be picky, but I'm sure he averaged 50.4 ppg for an entire season. I dunno, it just bothered me.:doh

Billo_Really said:

If you shoot more then the rest of your team together your going to score a lot of points......

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
If you shoot more then the rest of your team together your going to score a lot of points......
Lakers are 8-4 when Kobe scores more than 40.

kal-el said:
Yea, I'll agree with that statement.

What, he gets like 6 or 7 assists a game. I think Kobe gets like 4 or 5.

Hence Duncan has a couple championship rings.

Maybe, I haven't taken much notice to Ray Allen. But the Orlando Magic with Shaq, 3d, Nick Anderson, and Penny Hardaway kicked ass!

Yeah but Shaq wanted out of Orlando.....I think AI gets more assists then that.....

Billo_Really said:
Lakers are 8-4 when Kobe scores more than 40.

If there is any game you win as a team its basketball and Kobe is not a team player........Like I said if it wasn't for Shaq he would not even have a title....I watch him come to Seattle all the time and Ray Allen eats his lunch......

Navy Pride said:
If there is any game you win as a team its basketball and Kobe is not a team player........Like I said if it wasn't for Shaq he would not even have a title....I watch him come to Seattle all the time and Ray Allen eats his lunch......

Kobes not a team player. HA! thats what all of America thinks, but its not true. Last season ya i would say Kobe hogged the ball. but this year hes become more of a team player. Last season he was all Kobe, now hes all Lakers. And i think he will lead the Lakers to the finals. Kobes just that type of player. He wants to win. And Kobe scoring is the only way they win. The lakers wouldnt have beat the Raptors unless Kobe got the 81.

And Ray Allen. You have to be joking. the Lakers played them in November and what i remember is Kobe having 34 points and 5 assists to Allens 19 points and 4 assists. and Kobe did it in less time. So Kobes obviously better than Allen.

The only player i can think of that may be better than Kobe is KG.

Back
Top Bottom