• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Best NBA Player Today

Who is Best Player in the NBA today?

• Kobi Bryant

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Shaq

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Lebron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Garnett

• Allen Iverson

• Tim Duncan

• That Iran Guy

• Other

• Total voters
Originally posted by gfytt689
He had 3 steals and a block. Thay sounds like a preety damn good game to me. Everyone that isnt impressed are just Kobe haters that wont admit hes accually good. Hes the guy i would like with the ball at the end of the game or when my team is down. The Lakers were losing by 19 and Kobe just went off on the Raptors and got the 81.

And for all the Kobe haters let me ask you a question when Wilt got the 100 point game or when you heard about it did you say "wow" or were you thinking of him being a ball hog for scoring that much. cause he didnt get the 100 with any more assists than Kobe got. They got the same number of assists. And when Wilt did it he was just trying to score points but Kobe was trying to bring his team back. And thats why Kobes game was the best game ever.
Kobe's good. But Wilt was the most dominant player ever.

Billo_Really said:
Kobe's good. But Wilt was the most dominant player ever.

Kobe's not good hes great. Good is James Posey.

And who knows if Wilt was the most dominant ever. Sure he put up points got the rebounds, but the game was completely different back then. But ya Wilt is up there in the most dominant ever. Kobe he just has a killer jumpshot. The best of all time. And i have no doubt about it. It doesnt matter how many players are on him if he shoots it he'll make it.

Kobe's not good hes great. Good is James Posey.

And who knows if Wilt was the most dominant ever. Sure he put up points got the rebounds, but the game was completely different back then. But ya Wilt is up there in the most dominant ever. Kobe he just has a killer jumpshot. The best of all time. And i have no doubt about it. It doesnt matter how many players are on him if he shoots it he'll make it.
Best jump shot of all-time was Jerry West.

Billo_Really said:

Oscar Robertson and a guy you never heard of Jack Twyman....

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
Oscar Robertson and a guy you never heard of Jack Twyman....
Are you dissing Jerry? Are you saying he couldn't play? I have heard of Jack. I just never seen him play. The first two questions were a joke, by the way. You want a list of pure jump shooters? Here you go:

• Rick Barry
  • Larry Bird
  • Cazzie Russell
  • Andrew Toney
  • Nate Archibald
  • Pete Marovich
  • Dave Bing
  • Jon McGloklin
  • MJ
  • George Gervin
  • Bob McAdoo

Billo_Really said:

Ive never seen Jerry West accually play. Im not that old. =) but Kobe has an amazing jumper. Best Ive ever seen. And you have to admit that he is up there on best jump shot ever. In todays game i think hes the best all around player. Kobes got the perimiter shot, dunks, defence, and hes good in the clutch. What more could you want out of a guard besides assists. lol. Which he could be getting if the lakers could put better shooters around him.

Ive never seen Jerry West accually play. Im not that old. =) but Kobe has an amazing jumper. Best Ive ever seen. And you have to admit that he is up there on best jump shot ever. In todays game i think hes the best all around player. Kobes got the perimiter shot, dunks, defence, and hes good in the clutch. What more could you want out of a guard besides assists. lol. Which he could be getting if the lakers could put better shooters around him.
I've been following the Lakers since before they played at the Forum. I grew up on Jerry. But I'm a Laker fan through and through. So I am not going to take anything away from Kobe. I love the guy.

Billo_Really said:
Are you dissing Jerry? Are you saying he couldn't play? I have heard of Jack. I just never seen him play. The first two questions were a joke, by the way. You want a list of pure jump shooters? Here you go:

• Rick Barry
  • Larry Bird
  • Cazzie Russell
  • Andrew Toney
  • Nate Archibald
  • Pete Marovich
  • Dave Bing
  • Jon McGloklin
  • MJ
  • George Gervin
  • Bob McAdoo

No Jerry West was Mr Clutch....Great player........Couple names on that list........

Rick Barry.......Saw him play in college against Jacksonville U. when he was at Miami.......He came to town averaging about 35 points a game..Came out on the floor for warm ups tall, skinny, with long hair.......I said to my buddy can this guy be that good............Well in warm ups he knocked down every shot he took and in the game he had 45 points and did everything...I said then, this guy will be a hall of famer in the pros.........

PIstol Pete...........Saw him in college too...............The guy was unbelieveable, hitting 40 footer after 40 footer.He had 50 points and that was before there was a 3 point shot...........He was show time before you ever heard of magic............

Oh and when it comes to jump shooters you missed Hal Greer.......This guy use to shot jump shots when he shot his free throws.......

Billo. Iverson line tonight 38 points 15 assists.........Kobe does not get 15 assists all year.............

Billo. Iverson line tonight 38 points 15 assists.........Kobe does not get 15 assists all year.............

gfytt689 said:
He had 3 steals and a block. Thay sounds like a preety damn good game to me. Everyone that isnt impressed are just Kobe haters that wont admit hes accually good. Hes the guy i would like with the ball at the end of the game or when my team is down. The Lakers were losing by 19 and Kobe just went off on the Raptors and got the 81.

And for all the Kobe haters let me ask you a question when Wilt got the 100 point game or when you heard about it did you say "wow" or were you thinking of him being a ball hog for scoring that much. cause he didnt get the 100 with any more assists than Kobe got. They got the same number of assists. And when Wilt did it he was just trying to score points but Kobe was trying to bring his team back. And thats why Kobes game was the best game ever.

Thanks, I already said that Kobe was the best player(before his 81 pt. affair). He is the best individual player. I would not say that he was the best team player though. Kobe hasn't won consistently without having the most dominant player of the year on his team. I'll take MJ over him any time. MJ made his teammates better. I have yet to see Kobe do that.

For all you basketball aficiacondo's, who had the biggest hands in NBA history? Measuring 19" from base of hand to tip of middle finger.

I don't know eho had the biggest hands but Bob Lanier had the biggest feet......He wore a size 24 sneaker.........

I don't know eho had the biggest hands but Bob Lanier had the biggest feet......He wore a size 24 sneaker.........
I thought the Lanier question would have been too easy.

Hint: He played for Phoenix.

No Jerry West was Mr Clutch....Great player........Couple names on that list........

Rick Barry.......Saw him play in college against Jacksonville U. when he was at Miami.......He came to town averaging about 35 points a game..Came out on the floor for warm ups tall, skinny, with long hair.......I said to my buddy can this guy be that good............Well in warm ups he knocked down every shot he took and in the game he had 45 points and did everything...I said then, this guy will be a hall of famer in the pros.........

PIstol Pete...........Saw him in college too...............The guy was unbelieveable, hitting 40 footer after 40 footer.He had 50 points and that was before there was a 3 point shot...........He was show time before you ever heard of magic............

Oh and when it comes to jump shooters you missed Hal Greer.......This guy use to shot jump shots when he shot his free throws.......
I forgot about Hal. Good point. And to think, someone actually asked me if you were really as old as you say you are. Some of this stuff you just can't know unless you were there.

Do you agree that Pistol Pete had the greatest career of any college player in history? Or are you going with Lew?

Billo_Really said:
I forgot about Hal. Good point. And to think, someone actually asked me if you were really as old as you say you are. Some of this stuff you just can't know unless you were there.

Do you agree that Pistol Pete had the greatest career of any college player in history? Or are you going with Lew?

Yeah I am older then dirt but still have lead in my pencil.;)

Pistol Pete was worth the price of admission........His ahooting and
passing was amazing...He use to fake out the players on his own team.......I don't know his exact average at LSU but it was over 40 points a game and most of them were in the 35 foot range.....Just think what he would average if he had the 3 point rule then...............

You had to love the shaggy socks and the flopping hair..........what a talent......

Yeah I am older then dirt but still have lead in my pencil.

Pistol Pete was worth the price of admission........His ahooting and
passing was amazing...He use to fake out the players on his own team.......I don't know his exact average at LSU but it was over 40 points a game and most of them were in the 35 foot range.....Just think what he would average if he had the 3 point rule then...............

You had to love the shaggy socks and the flopping hair..........what a talent......
I used to have a buddy that said he was "older than dirt and younger than dust!"

Navy Pride said:
The sky is the limit with Lebron but the King was and still is MJ.........

MJ was overratted. The NBA made him a media darling by not enforcing the rules against him. The guy walked more than Forrest Gump ran. He could hammer people and never get a foul called, but look at him cross-eyed and TWEET.

I've always wished we could have seen MJ play under the same rules as everyone else.

All in all I'd take Magic in his prime over MJ in his prime on my team any time. MJ was a hog, Magic made everyone around him better.

Originally posted by Vandeervecken
MJ was overratted. The NBA made him a media darling by not enforcing the rules against him. The guy walked more than Forrest Gump ran. He could hammer people and never get a foul called, but look at him cross-eyed and TWEET.

I've always wished we could have seen MJ play under the same rules as everyone else.

All in all I'd take Magic in his prime over MJ in his prime on my team any time. MJ was a hog, Magic made everyone around him better.
I would have like to seen him play more against Michael Cooper, Dennis Johnson, Walt Frazier and Jerry Sloan. I guarantee MJ would not even go near the key if he had to deal with Wilt, Bill Russell or Nate Thurmond. He didn't do all that hot against Alajuwan.

Billo_Really said:
I would have like to seen him play more against Michael Cooper, Dennis Johnson, Walt Frazier and Jerry Sloan. I guarantee MJ would not even go near the key if he had to deal with Wilt, Bill Russell or Nate Thurmond. He didn't do all that hot against Alajuwan.

Hell, Bill Lambier owned hos traveling butt. Really cannot argue with anything you say here.

It might be fun to post our all time dream team. Hmmmm. . . . .

Originally posted by Vandeervecken
Hell, Bill Lambier owned hos traveling butt. Really cannot argue with anything you say here.

It might be fun to post our all time dream team. Hmmmm. . . . .
Wasn't that Olympic team with Magic and Bird?

This tells you how good MJ was.......What did the Bulls win 6 championships with him and those teams won't even go down as great teams.......All hey had was Scotty and MJ........

This tells you how good MJ was.......What did the Bulls win 6 championships with him and those teams won't even go down as great teams.......All hey had was Scotty and MJ........
There is no way Chicago could have answered a Jabbar or Wilt with a Cartwright and expect to win.

Billo_Really said:
There is no way Chicago could have answered a Jabbar or Wilt with a Cartwright and expect to win.

Man for man the Celtics and Laker teams were better then the Bulls, but MJ carried the team to their championships......

Man for man the Celtics and Laker teams were better then the Bulls, but MJ carried the team to their championships......
Nobody is disputing that.

Back
Top Bottom