• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Best NBA Player Today

Who is Best Player in the NBA today?

  • Kobi Bryant

    Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Shaq

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Lebron James

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Garnett

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Allen Iverson

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tim Duncan

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • That Iran Guy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 12.5%

  • Total voters
    8

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by Navy Pride:
If there is any game you win as a team its basketball and Kobe is not a team player........Like I said if it wasn't for Shaq he would not even have a title....I watch him come to Seattle all the time and Ray Allen eats his lunch......
I bet Kobe gets more single white females.
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Artest is a King. What will this do to the Pacific Division?
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,463
Reaction score
15,332
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
gfytt689 said:
Kobes not a team player. HA! thats what all of America thinks, but its not true. Last season ya i would say Kobe hogged the ball. but this year hes become more of a team player. Last season he was all Kobe, now hes all Lakers. And i think he will lead the Lakers to the finals. Kobes just that type of player. He wants to win. And Kobe scoring is the only way they win. The lakers wouldnt have beat the Raptors unless Kobe got the 81.

Yeah, Kobe's a team player! Now be a good teammate and give him the ball and get out of his way! I wonder what Kobe's defensive stats were for that 81 pt. game.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
Artest is a King. What will this do to the Pacific Division?

Not much.The guy is a loose cannon besides Peja use to light us up here in Seattle.....
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
independent_thinker2002 said:
Yeah, Kobe's a team player! Now be a good teammate and give him the ball and get out of his way! I wonder what Kobe's defensive stats were for that 81 pt. game.


IT, we don't agree on much but I am with you on this one.....
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by Navy Pride:
Not much.The guy is a loose cannon besides Peja use to light us up here in Seattle.....
He said he's coming to play.
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by gfytt689
The only player i can think of that may be better than Kobe is KG.
You don't think this is all a moot point until Lebron starts exerting his will?
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,463
Reaction score
15,332
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Navy Pride said:
IT, we don't agree on much but I am with you on this one.....

The sky is blue and water is wet too.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
You don't think this is all a moot point until Lebron starts exerting his will?


The sky is the limit with Lebron but the King was and still is MJ.........
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by Navy Pride:
The sky is the limit with Lebron but the King was and still is MJ.........
I couldn't disagree with you more. My man was Wilt.
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,463
Reaction score
15,332
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
I couldn't disagree with you more. My man was Wilt.

And you are still wrong! MJ all the way!
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
I couldn't disagree with you more. My man was Wilt.

I like Wilt too...I was a big Philadelphia Warrior fan and spent a year on a ship in the Boston Navy yard and use to go to the Garden and watch Wilt Kick Russll's ass all over the court for example


Wilt 50 points 30 Rebounds 7 blocks
Russell 13 points 10 Rebounds 2 blocks........

The only problem is the Celtics were to good and always won the game.........
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002
And you are still wrong! MJ all the way!
Didn't you and I already get into this? Or was it Kal-el?
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by Navy Pride:
I like Wilt too...I was a big Philadelphia Warrior fan and spent a year on a ship in the Boston Navy yard and use to go to the Garden and watch Wilt Kick Russll's ass all over the court for example


Wilt 50 points 30 Rebounds 7 blocks
Russell 13 points 10 Rebounds 2 blocks........

The only problem is the Celtics were to good and always won the game.........
Now I'm getting jealous. I would have loved to seen Wilt and Bill.
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,463
Reaction score
15,332
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
Didn't you and I already get into this? Or was it Kal-el?

Yes, we did. :rofl
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002
Yes, we did.
Did I win? I think I won. Yes, yes, I won. I think.
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,463
Reaction score
15,332
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
Did I win? I think I won. Yes, yes, I won. I think.

No, you ran away in tears and soiled pants.
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002
No, you ran away in tears and soiled pants.
It wasn't because of you, I had to be home before dark!
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,463
Reaction score
15,332
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
It wasn't because of you, I had to be home before dark!

Why? So you could be there to polish Wilt's knob?
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
Now I'm getting jealous. I would have loved to seen Wilt and Bill.

It was great we were one stop on the MTA from the Boston Garden......Me and my buddy would go to the game and there would be 14,000 fans in the garden 13,998 Celts fans and 2 Warrior fans..........We did not beat them very often but we gave them hell.........My buddy was 6'5" and about 230 and I was 6'2" 195 lbs so we did not take to much crap.........
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by Navy Pride:
It was great we were one stop on the MTA from the Boston Garden......Me and my buddy would go to the game and there would be 14,000 fans in the garden 13,998 Celts fans and 2 Warrior fans..........We did not beat them very often but we gave them hell.........My buddy was 6'5" and about 230 and I was 6'2" 195 lbs so we did not take to much crap.........
Did the Garden smell? I was told it had a certain odor.

I heard bars in Boston were pretty good.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
Did the Garden smell? I was told it had a certain odor.

I heard bars in Boston were pretty good.

That was 40 yars ago.I don't remember a specific smell......

Boston is a great liberty town..........It is ringed by female colleges....Lots of women to go around.......;)
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by Navy Pride:
That was 40 yars ago.I don't remember a specific smell......

Boston is a great liberty town..........It is ringed by female colleges....Lots of women to go around.......
I would love to party in Boston with my Laker hat on.
 

gfytt689

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
independent_thinker2002 said:
Yeah, Kobe's a team player! Now be a good teammate and give him the ball and get out of his way! I wonder what Kobe's defensive stats were for that 81 pt. game.

He had 3 steals and a block. Thay sounds like a preety damn good game to me. Everyone that isnt impressed are just Kobe haters that wont admit hes accually good. Hes the guy i would like with the ball at the end of the game or when my team is down. The Lakers were losing by 19 and Kobe just went off on the Raptors and got the 81.

And for all the Kobe haters let me ask you a question when Wilt got the 100 point game or when you heard about it did you say "wow" or were you thinking of him being a ball hog for scoring that much. cause he didnt get the 100 with any more assists than Kobe got. They got the same number of assists. And when Wilt did it he was just trying to score points but Kobe was trying to bring his team back. And thats why Kobes game was the best game ever.
 
Top Bottom