• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best Halloween movies

Lita456

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I love scary movies......and I thought it was appropriate if we had a fave Halloween song thread, that movies would fit right in.......

A couple of my faves:

1. Exorcist
2. Night of the Living Dead
3. Rosemary's Baby - old I know, but it's scary
4. Amityville Horror
5. Nightmare on Elm Street
6. Salem's Lot
7. 13 Ghosts
8. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
9. Saw
10. The Hills have Eyes

There are many more I like...................

The original Halloween gave me nightmares when I first saw it. The original Night of the Living Dead had incredible mood to it. Alien is probably my all time favorite horror film.

I loved Alien! Very good movie, that would also go on my list, as I said, my list could be much longer.....nothing is like the original movies......

I like Monster Squad.

(Man, I am so cheesy.):mrgreen:

Love all the moves mentioned. Here are a few:

Hell Raiser

Psycho

Misery

The Shining

Silence of The Lambs

Children of the Corn

Halloween
Silence of the Lambs
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Night of the Living Dead
28 Days Later
The Shining
Psycho
Signs
Scream
The Ring
The Grudge
The Hills Have Eyes (remake)

The Ring is one of the scarier movies I've ever seen, and it was PG-13.

We ordered it on pay-per-view, and it occurred to me while watching it that if Time-Warner Cable wanted to be completely evil, they could call subscribers on the phone halfway through this movie and say, "Seven days.....".

:ninja:

These movies just don't scare me. However the Blair Witch did. :shock:

Freddy kruger in the first one.

Some recent ones that I really like:

30 days of night

The Descent

The Ruins

these are kinda "campy" but a lot of fun:

Drag me to hell

Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2

and one that everybody else seems to like, but I thought was boring:

Let the right one in

I was 10 when I saw the most horrendous movie ever to me, The Evil Dead.

It really scared the shït out of me. If it wasn't for my friend, and that fat Asian old guy sitting next to us and laughing his guts out, I would have left the theater after half an hour.

It took me several years to understand why such movies are always funny:)

Dracula (1929 version) - No one does the blood drinking lord of the undead like Bela Legosi. My wife and I watch it ever Halloween night! In fact, I love all the old Universal horror films - Frankenstein, Wolfman, The Mummy. Great stuff!

Silence of the Lambs - Hannibal Lecter was a genuinely creepy and disturbing character.

Poltergiest - I saw this movie when I was five years old and it scared the piss out of me. About 25 years later I finally watched it again and I don't know if it was just the childhood memories coming back, but it still creeped me out a bit.

Nightmare on Elmstreet - Best of all the slasher franchises. I have to mention Freddy vs Jason is a great flick for laughs, but not chills. Looking forward to the franchise reboot.

The Ring - That was pretty creepy. One of the best newer scary movies I've seen.

1. Halloween
2. Friday the 13th
3. Clownhouse
4. Pinocchios Revenge
5. Jeepers Creepers

Is "indentity" a Halloween movie?

Pumpkinhead is a pretty good movie.
I watched it last night.

Silent Hill

Saw II

Some recent ones that I really like:

30 days of night

The Descent

The Ruins

these are kinda "campy" but a lot of fun:

Drag me to hell

Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2

and one that everybody else seems to like, but I thought was boring:

Let the right one in

I really want to see Drag Me.... you really liked it? I liked Descent, Ruins and 30 Days. I think 30 Days was my fave of those.

I loved the Alien series. A newer one called Event Horizon was kind of creepy. The Blair Witch Project scared the hell out of me when I first saw it and people weren't sure if it was real or not. The "what if?" factor made it creepy as hell.

The only movie I've seen in my life that I NEVER want to see again is the new Halloween made by Rob Zombie. That is the most effed up movie ever.

Jeepers Creepers is quite underrated. It gave me the heebie-jeebies.

1. The Shining
2. Psycho
3. Rec
4. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
5. Suspiria
6. The Exorcist
7. Don't Look Now
8. Audition
9. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
10. Let The Right One In
11. Carnival of Souls
12. Eraserhead
13. Rosemary's Baby
14. Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?
15. Freaks

1. The Shining
2. Psycho
3. Rec
4. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
5. Suspiria
6. The Exorcist
7. Don't Look Now
8. Audition
9. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
10. Let The Right One In
11. Carnival of Souls
12. Eraserhead
13. Rosemary's Baby
14. Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?
15. Freaks

I just saw the Carnival of Souls remake. IT SUCKED! Is the original any better? Obviously you liked it, but if you compare them, how are they different.

I just saw the Carnival of Souls remake. IT SUCKED! Is the original any better? Obviously you liked it, but if you compare them, how are they different.

:shock:

They made a remake of that?! Good lord, they will try to remake anything won't they? The original is incredibly creepy. You should definitely check it out! Actually you can see the whole thing for free online because it's now public domain:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exUFpSFblaw"]YouTube - Carnival Of Souls (1962) - Full Movie[/ame]

You can also download it here.

:shock:

They made a remake of that?! Good lord, they will try to remake anything won't they? The original is incredibly creepy. You should definitely check it out! Actually you can see the whole thing for free online because it's now public domain:

YouTube - Carnival Of Souls (1962) - Full Movie

You can also download it here.

Sweet. I saw the remake on hulu. I will watch it. I love old black and white horror films. Night of the Living Dead is a masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom