• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best Current U.S. Soccer Players

Helvidius

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Despite recently getting destroyed by Spain, I still wish to talk about the US men's national soccer team.

Who do you think is currently the best US attacker? midfielder? defender?

*Goalie not included as defender

The Spain game was super depressing. Although I was sitting next to my friend and he was asking why the U.S. had like 8 players out there who was no ones versus the A team of Spain...

Anyways. Donavan has to be said not because he is the best, but because he is the moral leader of the team. Then you have Clint and probably Adu. I am a huge fan of Spector, but he was asleep on Saturday.

The Spain game was super depressing. Although I was sitting next to my friend and he was asking why the U.S. had like 8 players out there who was no ones versus the A team of Spain...

Anyways. Donavan has to be said not because he is the best, but because he is the moral leader of the team. Then you have Clint and probably Adu. I am a huge fan of Spector, but he was asleep on Saturday.

Yeah, well the US now has the Gold Cup so it made sense not to play everyone. I would say Dempsey is the best midfielder, Onyewu is the best defender, and attacker is up in the air. Donovan is a nice player, Altidore hasn't been terrific (but is young), and I am excited to see Agudelo develop.

I
Yeah, well the US now has the Gold Cup so it made sense not to play everyone. I would say Dempsey is the best midfielder, Onyewu is the best defender, and attacker is up in the air. Donovan is a nice player, Altidore hasn't been terrific (but is young), and I am excited to see Agudelo develop.

Yeah and it is why I wasn't too upset with the game play (mind you I was at the game). I would agree with you though om your assessment. Donovan I mentioned because of his moral support and how he holds the team together. Clint is a better player, but Donovan is the team.

Spector is overrated, I've watched all of his games in West Ham this season and he really didn't impress me.

Jermaine Jones is great, so are Tim Howard, Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore, Michael Bradley, Steve Cherundolo and a few others.

Spector is overrated. He tends to fall flat on his feet all the time. I just like him for some weird reason.

Back
Top Bottom