• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best comedy E V E R

KevinKohler

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What gets the nominations? Must be a movie, not a show.

My pick is "Office Space". I just never get tired of that movie. My runner up is "Major League", the best baseball comedy of all time. Sorry Bad News Bears, you lose.

Spinal Tap
Blazing Saddles

police academy

Police Academy was great, and I actually forgot about Blazing Saddles. I think each generation is going to have its own thing. Late seventies and eighties were all about slapstick, like Blazing Saddles and Space Balls. To some extent, we still have slapstick spoofs, but comedies now are more existential. Bill Murrey is a name that comes to mind, from Zombie Land to Rushmore.

Of note, Ghostbusters. Can't believe I forgot that one.

Maybe we can do a top ten, lol?

My pick is "Office Space". I just never get tired of that movie. My runner up is "Major League", the best baseball comedy of all time. Sorry Bad News Bears, you lose.

Office Space :thumbs: and I just watched Ghostbusters again the other night :lol:

Police Academy was great, and I actually forgot about Blazing Saddles. I think each generation is going to have its own thing. Late seventies and eighties were all about slapstick, like Blazing Saddles and Space Balls. To some extent, we still have slapstick spoofs, but comedies now are more existential. Bill Murrey is a name that comes to mind, from Zombie Land to Rushmore.

Of note, Ghostbusters. Can't believe I forgot that one.

Maybe we can do a top ten, lol?

If you're going to pull out Bill Murray then his Magnum Opus was Caddyshack with Meatballs taking second.

Airplane. Can't say another movie has made me laugh more often.

If you're going to pull out Bill Murray then his Magnum Opus was Caddyshack with Meatballs taking second.

Caddyshack is a classic...but his best? I don't know. Rushmore was awefully good, on his end.

Harlem Nights
Happy Gilmore
Step Brothers
Raising Arizona
Shaun of the Dead

The original Arthur, with Dudley Moore, Sir John Gielgud and Liza Minelli, is by far the funniest movie I've ever seen - no matter how tired or down I may feel, I feel terrific after watching it.

The original Arthur, with Dudley Moore, Sir John Gielgud and Liza Minelli, is by far the funniest movie I've ever seen - no matter how tired or down I may feel, I feel terrific after watching it.

Every time I hear Sir John's name, I'm reminded of an article I read once about his known aversion to spending money. It stated that in a response to a wire asking why he wasn't at some function, he replied "Gielgud doesn't Fielgud." Clever man!

And I agree that Arthur is a great movie! :thumbs:

I can't choose a best, there are so many good comedies I love and could watch endlessly. Doesn't take much to make me laugh, so I like even the ones everyone thinks are stupid.

I love the Eddie Murphy movies, Trading Places being my favorite. But 48 hrs., Harlem Nights, Coming to America, etc... in my opinion at least 3 of his movies in the top 10. The last movie that I thought was genuinely funny was Anchorman.

I love the Eddie Murphy movies, Trading Places being my favorite. But 48 hrs., Harlem Nights, Coming to America, etc... in my opinion at least 3 of his movies in the top 10. The last movie that I thought was genuinely funny was Anchorman.

:agree: on Eddie Murphy! I have most of his movies! :thumbs: I liked Some Like It Hot too, but I like Jack Lemmon's droll type of humor!

Good evening, JC. :2wave:

I haven't seen most of his older movies, but loved the Grumpy Old Men ones. :lol:

:agree: on Eddie Murphy! I have most of his movies! :thumbs: I liked Some Like It Hot too, but I like Jack Lemmon's droll type of humor!

Good evening, JC. :2wave:

Forgot Sean of the Dead.....:2rofll:

Life of Brian. I forgot that. It's right up there with Withnail and I.

Back
Top Bottom