• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best and Worst Countries for Abortion Rights[W:33]

Viking11

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Abortion allowed after 20 weeks

China
Vietnam
Singapore
North Korea
Canada
Netherlands

Abortion completely illegal in all cases

El Salvador
Nicaragua
Dominican Republic
Chile
Malta
Vatican City

Re: Best and Worst Countries for Abortion Rights

It's not a "best" right to allow abortion beyond 20 weeks. That's just barbarism if not done to save the mother's life.

I have no idea how Canada is not at the top considering we literally no laws governing it, most of the provinces will even pay for it.

I have no idea how Canada is not at the top considering we literally no laws governing it, most of the provinces will even pay for it.

Canada is absolutely one of the worst, most barbaric ****holes in the world in this regard.

Canada is absolutely one of the worst, most barbaric ****holes in the world in this regard.

I mean seriously though, where the hell do you expect us to get our Poutine Cheese from?

Abortion allowed after 20 weeks

China
Vietnam
Singapore
North Korea
Canada
Netherlands

Abortion completely illegal in all cases

El Salvador
Nicaragua
Dominican Republic
Chile
Malta
Vatican City

I dont get it...at least, related to abortion in the US (which didnt make the list but has several states with 'no limit' on when abortion is allowed.)

Do people not realize that elective abortions after 20 or so weeks...*dont happen?* And therefore all the outrage and self-righteousness is misplaced, even ridiculous?

I cannot provide data for other countries besides the US but a couple of people have posted it for Canada here as well in the past.

There is no need for legislation (in the US at least) to forbid abortion after 20 weeks because 'electively' they dont happen. THey only occur in order to save the mother's health or in cases of severe defects in the fetus. Are people claiming that these abortions should be illegal??

Why do people want to have useless, unnecessary laws? It it just ignorance?

Edit: and Chile just recently made a change in their laws re: abortion. Not quite as restrictive.

I dont get it...at least, related to abortion in the US (which didnt make the list but has several states with 'no limit' on when abortion is allowed.)

Do people not realize that elective abortions after 20 or so weeks...*dont happen?* And therefore all the outrage and self-righteousness is misplaced, even ridiculous?

I cannot provide data for other countries besides the US but a couple of people have posted it for Canada here as well in the past.

There is no need for legislation (in the US at least) to forbid abortion after 20 weeks because 'electively' they dont happen. THey only occur in order to save the mother's health or in cases of severe defects in the fetus. Are people claiming that these abortions should be illegal??

Why do people want to have useless, unnecessary laws? It it just ignorance?

Edit: and Chile just recently made a change in their laws re: abortion. Not quite as restrictive.

Unbelievable. Anything to justify legalized murder.

You are damn right Lursa. Abortion is never appropriate in order to save the mother's health. Are you a licensed doctor? If you look at actual medical studies, nothing conclusively states that having an abortion would help save the mother's life - in fact, having an abortion would likely endanger a mother's life. I do not care if the mother is pleading tears for an abortion, no doctor that believes in science, reason, and morality should perform such a procedure. I personally forbid it.

The facts have been churned and twisted. Let's bring out the real facts because the truth will set us free.

It's not a "best" right to allow abortion beyond 20 weeks. That's just barbarism if not done to save the mother's life.

It's a wonderful right!

You are damn right Lursa. Abortion is never appropriate in order to save the mother's health. Are you a licensed doctor? If you look at actual medical studies, nothing conclusively states that having an abortion would help save the mother's life - in fact, having an abortion would likely endanger a mother's life. I do not care if the mother is pleading tears for an abortion, no doctor that believes in science, reason, and morality should perform such a procedure. I personally forbid it.

The facts have been churned and twisted. Let's bring out the real facts because the truth will set us free.

Sources please. And no one cares what you personally forbid. That's why we have a Constitution and laws. To protect other Americans from such dictatorial ignorance.

Please...set me free with the facts that the mother's health, let's see your sources.

Looking at some of these posts makes me thank God we have Roe vs Wade

It keeps the nuts from taking over the house

Sources please. And no one cares what you personally forbid. That's why we have a Constitution and laws. To protect other Americans from such dictatorial ignorance.

Please...set me free with the facts that the mother's health, let's see your sources.

Countless times I have provided source after source, fact after fact. It is not my issue that you keep ignoring my evidence and reputable sources.

When confronted from the distortion of facts I have refuted every argument, every sub-argument, every argument between the argument. I understand when dealing with pro-choice ideologues that real facts will be.....ignored.

Lursa,

If you feel I have not been providing sources, I will gladly provide them again. I want this to be an open forum where we can share all valid information.

When constructing a puzzle, I want to layout all the pieces on the table to construct the puzzle in its entirety. Pro-choice ideologues want to construct the puzzle using maybe 10-20% of the puzzle pieces and fill in the rest with their own twisted interpretations.

Lursa,

If you feel I have not been providing sources, I will gladly provide them again. I want this to be an open forum where we can share all valid information.

When constructing a puzzle, I want to layout all the pieces on the table to construct the puzzle in its entirety. Pro-choice ideologues want to construct the puzzle using maybe 10-20% of the puzzle pieces and fill in the rest with their own twisted interpretations.

Great. Let's see them, as I requested.

Gladly;

I am so glad I live in a country on the best list!

Seriously deformed fetuses may also be a valid reason to abort.

abortion should not be legal past first trimester

abortion should not be legal past first trimester

That's how it is in MANY liberal countries like France yet a fringe minority in America that falsely claim they represent the majority believe abortion should have no restrictions at all.

Unbelievable. Anything to justify legalized murder.

There is no such thing as "legalized murder". Murder is illegal no matter how many words you try to attach to it in order to emotionalize your stance.

I personally forbid it.

:lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo

There is no such thing as "legalized murder". Murder is illegal no matter how many words you try to attach to it in order to emotionalize your stance.

That's a very extraordinary statement Kal'Stang.

Does that mean, by definition the death penalty is illegal????

It means the death penalty isn't murder.
Murder is a legal term

The death penalty is not murder, its an execution.

Full Definition of execution

1: the act or process of executing : performance

2: a putting to death especially as a legal penalty

3: the process of enforcing a legal judgment (as against a debtor); also : a judicial writ directing such enforcement

4: the act or mode or result of performance

5 archaic : effective or destructive action <his brandished steel, which smoked with bloody execution — Shakespeare> —usually used with do <as soon as day came, we went out to see what execution we had done — Daniel Defoe>

Merriam-Webster

Lursa,

Great. Let's see them, as I requested.

Still waiting.

Still waiting.

Lursa, clearly Bucky is not answering because it is just untrue. I will not call it a lie, because I believe that many have just been brainwashed into belief. I just wish that when folks are commenting on medical issues, they would seek information from medical authorities.

I hope this will cause Bucky to look further..

ACOG, Oct. 19: Contrary to the inaccurate statements made yesterday by Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL), abortions are necessary in a number of circumstances to save the life of a woman or to preserve her health. Unfortunately, pregnancy is not a risk-free life event, particularly for many women with chronic medical conditions. Despite all of our medical advances, more than 600 women die each year from pregnancy and childbirth-related reasons right here in the US. In fact, many more women would die each year if they did not have access to abortion to protect their health or to save their lives

The ACOG - American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

The Life of the Mother

I fully understand that some see the zygote, embryo, or fetus is equal to a born human being. I respect that belief. But I just wish folks would stop pretending like their very biased sources are substitutes for looking up medical information from reliable sources.

Adding to my above statement...I wonder if someone who believes that it is never medically necessary to save the life of the mother had a pregnant friend. The doctor advised abortion (second expert opinion concurred) that abortion might be the only thing to save the mother's life( perhaps for heart failure or eclampsia) Would that person disagree with the expert opinions and attempt to dissuade them from abortion?

Back
Top Bottom