• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Best American TV news

Best American TV news channel?

• ABC

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • NBC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MSNBC

• Fox

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • CNN

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • CNBC

• Info wars

• They all suck!

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I don't know

• Other

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Canell

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Howdy!

Please vote for best American TV news channel. :)
You can make an argument why it is or it isn't best American news. :thumbs:

Howdy!

I used to think NPR was probably the best, until I realized one day they were packaging advertising as "news stories" like everyone else. After that I decided there were no good guys left (at least not in the States).

For online news there's a few, such as The Christian Science Monitor, UK Guardian and New Scientist.

HBO -Newsroom? :)

Though all are far from perfect, I go with CNN for breaking and NBC Nightly for summary.

The best is probably a blank Google news search. That gives you multiple links to every current story from every angle.

Howdy!

Why would anyone get their news from television nowadays?

I don't watch TV, haven't for a number of years now.

However, I've found that the UK news sources (online) have the most unbiased real news info (real, as in not hype and shot full of thrilling stories about celebrities :roll: )

Yes, they lean a little to the left (EU left) but still provide facts, something which the USA media seems to consider secondary.

I didn't even have to think about it - they all suck.

Why is Fox even on here? I find it more under the "entertainment" category than "News"

I didn't know National Public Radio had TV news. This thread is intended to be about TV news. :peace

Right. Well, you really shouldn't be watching American news television anyway. That stuff is all brain rot, and negligibly better than any tabloid in a supermarket.

Out of all of those i picked CNN. If Al-Jazeera was up there i would of voted for that because they are opening American offices and about to be put on the American TV.

I think Fox News is the best out of a bad bunch.

If you want to find out what the left is doing wrong, watch Fox. If you want to find out what the right is doing wrong, watch MSNBC. Just beware that both, while not necessarily outright lying, do a fair share of lying-by-omission. Combine the two, and you'd have something.

C-SPAN, C-SPAN2 and PBS when taken in combo.

The Daily Show, and the Colbert Report...

PBS also.

For local news I prefer to watch my local news station on ABC. Outside of that, I don’t watch too many news channels unless there’s a big news story going on, like the Boston Marathon bombing. That’s when I watch whichever station’s covering the subject and switch to another one when they start playing commercials.

I know this is antithetical, seeing we're discussing this on DP, but I find American "news" to be far too political in content and slant. Sometimes news is just news and you don't need three talking heads telling us how it affects Washington or the Presidential primaries.

I'm old enough to remember a time when the news was actually news at least for the first 20 minutes or so, and then you got the human interest stuff and then maybe some political stuff but not non-stop Presidential politics and who's running, who's not and how does this bit of news affect their decision to run or not run.

Howdy!

Fox. Because it's the only one that's managed to keep its head out of Barack Obama's you know what. ;)

I watch The Blaze mostly. I watch fox sometimes, but they're only the best of the bad.

Television caters to the lowest common denominator in our society. The country suffers from terminal boredom and apathy. Watching television news is allowing someone else to tell what you should think, and that saves a lot of effort for those not inclined to exert themselves in anyway.

The BBC! oh wait... :think:

I get most of my news online, I don't watch too much on tv but when I do it's usually fox news for commentary. If for some reason bbc isn't cutting it for me online I'll head over to CNN. Same with television and fox news, I mix it up between that and CNN but I usually stick to the two.

Back
Top Bottom