• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Besides this forum, what social media do you actively participate in?

Which social media do you actively participate in?

• Facebook

• Twitter

• Instagram

• Snapchat

• TikTok

• Pinterest

• Discord

• Twitch

• LinkedIn

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
"Actively participate in" --- you have an account, you post or repost your thoughts/opinions/news, you upload content, you watch/read or create content.

In the comments --- which of these do you sometimes view/read/watch, etc. but you don't have an account and don't comment?

I do Facebook, but only for the Marketplace.

facebook barely since most people don't post much, and linked in very slightly. I rarely check on there

"Actively participate in" --- you have an account, you post or repost your thoughts/opinions/news, you upload content, you watch/read or create content.

In the comments --- which of these do you sometimes view/read/watch, etc. but you don't have an account and don't comment?
Well, let's see...

FB - I have an account, but I just use it to look at a few groups once in a while. One group is about the Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps. The 2022 season is starting up soon, so I've gone from checking it once or twice a month to once a week or so. I don't post anything on FB.

Twitter - Don't have an account. I see tweets here when someone posts them and I see them from various news sites, but that's all I ever get.

Discord - I used to have an account when I was into MMORPG's and involved in guild/clan activities, but that was a few years ago. I don't know...my account may still exist. I just don't use it anymore.

The rest - No account...no activity.

What I think is interesting is that social media is as popular as ever but most websites have either turned off their comment section or gotten rid of them.

I belong to one other political forum.

It permits comments (and illustrations) that would be banned on other political forums.

I have never ever visited those sites that are listed in the OP.

What I think is interesting is that social media is as popular as ever but most websites have either turned off their comment section or gotten rid of them.

I wonder if it's because they don't have the employees to monitor those comments. So they post their article to Twitter or Facebook and let them moderate the comments.

Trapperman…

The algorithms have long since turned Facebook into an absolutely useless platform for any kind of reach. It's passably decent for the marketplace, but that's about it. As a business platform it has no value to me.

Although not as bad as Facebook, Instagram has likewise changed its algorithms so that as a business model I have very little reach. In order for the algorithms to allow my posts to reach my full following I'd have to be a full time content creator, and that ain't gonna happen. I know artists that do that and it's a miserable looking life.

I'm on Twitter just to follow a few select journalists, news updates, legal professionals and comedians. I don't actually post there (it's not a platform for visual artists).

That's about it.

I have fake name accounts at Twitter, Instagram, FB, Linkedin and Reddit. My activity is 95% read-only.

I actively view Twitter, but rarely tweet myself. Mostly I go for the latest news. Nothing else, except FB (I have an account but hardly ever view).

I wonder if it's because they don't have the employees to monitor those comments. So they post their article to Twitter or Facebook and let them moderate the commenthen.

Possibly but sites like IMDB who had a small board for every movie now have no real replacement

Possibly but sites like IMDB who had a small board for every movie now have no real replacement

I used to post there back in the day.

I've had Twitter and Facebook accounts longer than I've had this one but calling me "active" would be a bit of an overstatement as I don't think that I've had 20 posts on either of those platforms in all those years. I do have a poker game on Tuesday nights but there's no account required. I'll watch YouTube clips pretty regularly and do have a channel there with two uploads and 25 subscribers. The videos were both added 8 years ago so, again, I'm not sure if that qualifies as "active".

When FB topped 4billion users, I had two accounts and my dog had two accounts.

I look over a few groups about where I was born and raised and post some items on Market Place. Does anyone know how Zuckerberg is letting revenue slip away? I have sold many items and paid no surcharge or fee for the transactions.

I look at Twitter, but rarely post.

DP is where I spend most of my online time. (Way too much, honestly)

I know little about #3 on….

When FB topped 4billion users, I had two accounts and my dog had two accounts.

I look over a few groups about where I was born and raised and post some items on Market Place. Does anyone know how Zuckerberg is letting revenue slip away? I have sold many items and paid no surcharge or fee for the transactions.

I look at Twitter, but rarely post.

DP is where I spend most of my online time. (Way too much, honestly>)

I've sold things for years on FB and never paid a fee.

None and for good reason. But Twitter maybe use in the future.

I have twitter and facebook but don't use either. I do participate in a couple of other forums.

A TS choice might have given us some insight into DP's demographics.

I had to look up Truth Social. Never heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom